Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: No EGM

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:52 pm

corky wrote:i HATE ALIENS...What did you write that comment for?

That is the trouble...attacking each other...we are not the ones that got our club into this mess...

Today Borley has publicly stated on BBC that there will be an EGM

No comment :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Zabier wrote:I know no-one probably cares about my view but a vocal peaceful demonstration will show what we think. In all of this the majority of fans have been ignored. A peaceful vocal demonstration will show we are fans that support our club, care about our club and genuinely want to improve our club. If that isn't an attractive proposition for a potential investor then I don't know what is.

If I had the money I would never invest in Reading because I feel like their fans just don't care enough. Cardiff however, if we show we want better and deserve better... well, what more can we do?

I CARE :geek: :lol:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:30 pm

What a peculiar little man you are. Very odd.[/quote]
I stopped posting on the other board because of all the sniping, and have had a great time on here being able to speak freely without some condescending mouth all mighty know it all having a go at everything I say. Then you had to go and spoil it and turn up on this forum. I have no objection at all to healthy debate and I have had plenty of it on here, but you dont debate you talk down to people. Your personal insult in calling me "a peculiar little man" just goes to prove my case as to what a very sad individual you really are and I have no wish to converse with you any longer on this forum or any other.[/quote]

spot on about the talking down.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:08 pm

mutie wrote:What are your opinions then Dave?

Do you say sit tight with fingers crossed and hope the malaysians eventually come through?

To be honest Mutie, I don't have a clue what the answer is, but I just can't see what good a demonstration will do at this current point in time.

As things stand, Peter Ridsdale isn't going to resign and the board/major shareholders aren't going to sack him. That much is obvious.

Ridsdale, his fellow board members and the major shareholders have undoubtedly got the picture as regards the fans' current feelings, so it's not as if a demonstration will make any difference in that respect.

Characters including Steve Borley, Sam Hammam and Tien Ghee, all of whom have vested interests in the club, have been calling for calm despite the fact that they are all looking at the situation from very different angles.

My honest feeling is that protests at this stage are futile as they won't make any material difference to what is likely to happen at the club in the critical weeks ahead. However, if they make people feel better about things, then so be it. I won't be joining in any demonstrations myself, but I won't be discouraging others from demonstrating if that's what they feel should be done.

My major concern is if protests of any sort take place during tomorrow's game. I think that would be a really bad move. Despite all the problems, the team is still in a great position and has hit a bit of form. I hope all of us get fully behind the players during the match and try to forget the off-field problems until the game has finished.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Zabier wrote:I know no-one probably cares about my view but a vocal peaceful demonstration will show what we think. In all of this the majority of fans have been ignored. A peaceful vocal demonstration will show we are fans that support our club, care about our club and genuinely want to improve our club. If that isn't an attractive proposition for a potential investor then I don't know what is.

Your view is as important as everyone else's.

I've already outlined my feelings as regards a protest in the post above, but whatever happens I hope and pray it happens after the final whistle and not while the game is going on. The players have done remarkably well in recent weeks given the injury and illness situation, and they need our full support right now.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:13 pm

The problwm with a demonstration is that unless at least a 1000, it can look rather pathetic. The fifty or so shouting may think they are making a big statement, but veiwed from the sidelines it may actually have the effect of thinking their feelings are in the minority.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:17 pm

There will be NO SNIPING OR NAME CALLING ON THIS FORUM END OFF.