No EGM

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No EGM

Postby abf9 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:58 am

According to Pete on Real Radio as nothing could be achieved by it.
Oh dear,he is really rubbing our noses in it now. :evil:
abf9

No EGM

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: No EGM

Postby BluebirdsFan101 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:59 am

He said in yesterday's press conference that an AGM was (effectively) pointless and a waste of time.

Seems he really is rubbing the fan's noses in it.
BluebirdsFan101

Postby ihatealiens » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:04 am

He's trying to make the fans bite :lol: Yes protest on Saturday but keep it peaceful vent your anger vocally yes but aim it in one direction, straight at the man responsible. We must all be as one voice on Saturday
This Roath character is a cancer on this forum and should be removed before he destroys it.
ihatealiens

Postby The Lone Gunman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:22 am

ihatealiens wrote: We must all be as one voice on Saturday

What do you hope/think any protest will achieve?

I'd be genuinely interested in your opinion as, at this stage, I can see no benefits.
The Lone Gunman

Postby banana » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:33 am

i suppose a protest will not bother riddler the diddler he has the hide of a rhinocerous
its more about a relief valve for the fans
frustration and anger are corrosive feelings
banana

Postby Martyn1963 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:36 am

I personally think the way things stand at the mo cant see what any protest will do for Ridsdale and The Board other than hit home how pissed off we are , guessing they now this already though . But it shud defo go on so that the fans can vent some steam and we get max publicity in the media , but if its true that if Ridsdale walks then so do the Malaysians then even tho it pains me to say it then Id rather see him stay but just for now . As for an EGM then I think is it 5% shareholders can demand to have 1 but all that can happen then is the shareholders get to listen to the board who I imagine will have the majority say in any vote , and as was proven yesterday the board are behind Ridsdale for now .
Martyn1963

Postby ihatealiens » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:

I'd be genuinely interested in your opinion as, at this stage, I can see no benefits.

you what? so that you can poke holes in anything I say again? to coin one of your own phrases TLG - f**k off you sniping c**t.
This Roath character is a cancer on this forum and should be removed before he destroys it.
ihatealiens

Postby BluebirdsFan101 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:

As it stands, an EGM or AGM wouldn't achieve much either since Ridsdale (apparently) has the support of 80%+ of the shareholders and Ridsdale seems not too care about this prospect either.

I guess we, as fans and Trust members , could say "Meh, protests won't work, AGM's/EGM's won't work, lets give up", but I guess that won't help anything.

A protest (and AGM/EGM) is better than nothing, in my opinion.
BluebirdsFan101

Postby The Lone Gunman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:01 am

ihatealiens wrote:I'd be genuinely interested in your opinion as, at this stage, I can see no benefits.

you what? so that you can poke holes in anything I say again? to coin one of your own phrases TLG - f**k off you sniping c**t.[/quote]

:lol:

What a peculiar little man you are. Very odd.
The Lone Gunman

Postby The Lone Gunman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:04 am

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:As it stands, an EGM or AGM wouldn't achieve much either since Ridsdale (apparently) has the support of 80%+ of the shareholders and Ridsdale seems not too care about this prospect either.

I guess we, as fans and Trust members , could say "Meh, protests won't work, AGM's/EGM's won't work, lets give up", but I guess that won't help anything.

I believe a General Meeting will provide some answers for the smaller shareholders and supporters. It would provide an opportunity to question the rest of the board as opposed to just Ridsdale, which in my opinion would be benficial at this time. However, given the way things stand, I don't believe that a protest will achieve anything.
The Lone Gunman

Postby steve davies » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:16 am

A protest (and AGM/EGM) is better than nothing, in my opinion.[/quote]

I believe a General Meeting will provide some answers for the smaller shareholders and supporters. It would provide an opportunity to question the rest of the board as opposed to just Ridsdale, which in my opinion would be benficial at this time. However, given the way things stand, I don't believe that a protest will achieve anything.[/quote]

100% agree dave
i hope the trust push forward with the plan for an egm a violent protest is just a huge step back to the bad old days when nobody would touch us with a barge pole.
steve davies

Postby milly44 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:18 am

protest - YES!
sit back and watch our club get run into the ground - NO
MALKY MACKAY'S BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!
milly44

Postby The Lone Gunman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:26 am

steve davies wrote:100% agree dave
i hope the trust push forward with the plan for an egm.

It's full steam ahead, Steve.

The letters should be going out to the shareholders this weekend.
The Lone Gunman

Postby chewbarker » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:31 am

ihatealiens wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

you what? so that you can poke holes in anything I say again? to coin one of your own phrases TLG - f**k off you sniping c**t.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He is certainly a sniper.

But to answer your question sniper, a protest will achieve public ridicule for Ridsdale, the tw*t who is screwing us over. No-one can withstand such public pressure for long. The result will be him leaving and I'd call that quite an achievement.
chewbarker

Postby abf9 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:40 am

If the magic 5% is reached,can the board still refuse an EGM or does corporate law say one must take place?
abf9

Postby BluebirdsFan101 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:45 am

abf9 wrote:If the magic 5% is reached,can the board still refuse an EGM or does corporate law say one must take place?

It's law.

Ridsdale's just trying to annoy fans and the Trust by saying it'd be pointless (which I don't think it would be - i.e. I think it'd be useful)
BluebirdsFan101

Postby ihatealiens » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:48 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:I'd be genuinely interested in your opinion as, at this stage, I can see no benefits.

What a peculiar little man you are. Very odd.[/quote]
I stopped posting on the other board because of all the sniping, and have had a great time on here being able to speak freely without some condescending mouth all mighty know it all having a go at everything I say. Then you had to go and spoil it and turn up on this forum. I have no objection at all to healthy debate and I have had plenty of it on here, but you dont debate you talk down to people. Your personal insult in calling me "a peculiar little man" just goes to prove my case as to what a very sad individual you really are and I have no wish to converse with you any longer on this forum or any other.
ihatealiens

Postby chewbarker » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:49 am

ihatealiens wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

What a peculiar little man you are. Very odd.

I stopped posting on the other board because of all the sniping, and have had a great time on here being able to speak freely without some condescending mouth all mighty know it all having a go at everything I say. Then you had to go and spoil it and turn up on this forum. I have no objection at all to healthy debate and I have had plenty of it on here, but you dont debate you talk down to people. Your personal insult in calling me "a peculiar little man" just goes to prove my case as to what a very sad individual you really are and I have no wish to converse with you any longer on this forum or any other.[/quote]

Well said :ayatollah:
chewbarker

Postby moz-dublin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:50 am

play nice mun.watch you dont drop your icecreams
moz-dublin

Postby sleepers » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:06 pm

ihatealiens i for one enjoy reading your comments and thoughts dont let other people wind u up an leave this board
hope to cotinue reading your post mate
sleepers

Postby ihatealiens » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:10 pm

sleepers wrote:ihatealiens i for one enjoy reading your comments and thoughts dont let other people wind u up an leave this board
hope to cotinue reading your post mate

Thank you sleepers very kind of you mate.
ihatealiens

Postby The Lone Gunman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:40 pm

chewbarker wrote:But to answer your question sniper, a protest will achieve public ridicule for Ridsdale, the tw*t who is screwing us over. No-one can withstand such public pressure for long. The result will be him leaving and I'd call that quite an achievement.

Oh, the irony. I'm being called a sniper by my cyber-stalker!

Anyway, you want Ridsdale out and you think public pressure can force him out. So far so good. But what happens next? Who takes over as Chairman?
The Lone Gunman

Postby The Lone Gunman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:47 pm

ihatealiens wrote:I stopped posting on the other board because of all the sniping, and have had a great time on here being able to speak freely without some condescending mouth all mighty know it all having a go at everything I say. Then you had to go and spoil it and turn up on this forum. I have no objection at all to healthy debate and I have had plenty of it on here, but you dont debate you talk down to people.

I asked you a perfectly civil question, which was: "What do you hope/think any protest will achieve? I'd be genuinely interested in your opinion as, at this stage, I can see no benefits."

Your response was "you what? .... f**k off you sniping c**t."

Is that your idea of 'healthy debate'? Because it certainly isn't mine.....

As for me turning up on this forum, the fact is I do so because Annis phones almost every day and asks me to post on here. The problem I have is that every time I do post something, I seem to get attacked by some of the anonymous snipers who frequent this board, just as they frequent the other board. It's water off a duck's back as far as I'm concerned - I couldn't care less - but it does make posting here a little tiresome, especially as I'm the one who often gets accused of doing the sniping - today being a prime example of that.
The Lone Gunman

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:54 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:

I see no problem with banners or the waving of white handkerchiefs at the director’s box. Those gestures might not achieve anything, but personally I would find it better than passive acceptance in week when we ALL got shit all over big time.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby mutie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:55 pm

What are your opinions then Dave?

Do you say sit tight with fingers crossed and hope the malaysians eventually come through?
mutie

Postby Zabier » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:59 pm

I know no-one probably cares about my view but a vocal peaceful demonstration will show what we think. In all of this the majority of fans have been ignored. A peaceful vocal demonstration will show we are fans that support our club, care about our club and genuinely want to improve our club. If that isn't an attractive proposition for a potential investor then I don't know what is.

If I had the money I would never invest in Reading because I feel like their fans just don't care enough. Cardiff however, if we show we want better and deserve better... well, what more can we do?
Zabier

Postby ihatealiens » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:00 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:I stopped posting on the other board because of all the sniping, and have had a great time on here being able to speak freely without some condescending mouth all mighty know it all having a go at everything I say. Then you had to go and spoil it and turn up on this forum. I have no objection at all to healthy debate and I have had plenty of it on here, but you dont debate you talk down to people.

I asked you a perfectly civil question, which was: "What do you hope/think any protest will achieve? I'd be genuinely interested in your opinion as, at this stage, I can see no benefits."

Your response was "you what? .... f**k off you sniping c**t."

Is that your idea of 'healthy debate'? Because it certainly isn't mine.....

As for me turning up on this forum, the fact is I do so because Annis phones almost every day and asks me to post on here. The problem I have is that every time I do post something, I seem to get attacked by some of the anonymous snipers who frequent this board, just as they frequent the other board. It's water off a duck's back as far as I'm concerned - I couldn't care less - but it does make posting here a little tiresome, especially as I'm the one who often gets accused of doing the sniping - today being a prime example of that.

I was merely repeating something which you said to other posters on here like myself who have the temerity to have an opinion. For the avoidance of doubt, I will repeat myself and these are my last words in response to anything you ever say - "f**k OFF YOU SNIPING c**t"
ihatealiens

Postby Nottage Blue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Personally I don't think a protest will do anything at all. If it is aimed at Ridsdale leaving, well, if he was going to walk he would have by now after this latest fiasco. If it is aimed at ridiculing him, as someone has suggested on here, I don't think you'll break that rhino-thick hide of his
Nottage Blue

Postby peter from margam » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:47 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
BluebirdsFan101 wrote:As it stands, an EGM or AGM wouldn't achieve much either since Ridsdale (apparently) has the support of 80%+ of the shareholders and Ridsdale seems not too care about this prospect either.

I believe a General Meeting will provide some answers for the smaller shareholders and supporters. It would provide an opportunity to question the rest of the board as opposed to just Ridsdale, which in my opinion would be benficial at this time. However, given the way things stand, I don't believe that a protest will achieve anything.

Dave
We’ve Had Ridsdale, Sam, Steve Borley, Dave Jones using the press & this message board to give their opinion and their propaganda over this last month or so.
We as humble supporters have been accused, taken the piss out of, and Lied, cheated ECT.
We haven’t got the press to voice or opinion so the only way we can do that is demonstrate, do you think PR would have called that meeting yesterday if we would have kept our mouths shut?? Would there been a programme on BBC2 tonight.
No of course not it’s our way of defending ourselves in a way. PR has got his way of passing his spin then we should have or way of having our say as long as it’s peaceful.
peter from margam

Postby corky » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:50 pm

i HATE ALIENS...What did you write that comment for?

That is the trouble...attacking each other...we are not the ones that got our club into this mess...

Today Borley has publicly stated on BBC that there will be an EGM
new season,new start
corky

Next

Return to General Chat