Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

McKay NOT been approached by Cardiff at all !

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Watford chairman Graham Taylor insists the club have received no approach from managerless Cardiff over the availability of Malky Mackay.

Mackay is the bookmakers' favourite to succeed Dave Jones, who was sacked by the Bluebirds just over two weeks ago.

But Taylor on Tuesday afternoon told WalesOnline: "We've had no contact from Cardiff."

He added: "There has been a lot of talk that it is almost a done deal but we have heard nothing from Cardiff. Until we hear anything differently there is nothing more I can say."

The Scot has been the number one contender for the vacancy for some time, with Cardiff expected by many outsiders to have already made some kind of appointment by now one way or another.

However, Alan Shearer has emerged in the past 24 hours to become heavily linked to the post, with a large increase in punters' money and a resulting drop in odds at the bookies only increasing speculation.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14062011/ ... ackay.html

Re: McKay NOT been approached by Cardiff at all !

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:29 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: thats how it should be used right?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Merlin wrote:Watford chairman Graham Taylor insists the club have received no approach from managerless Cardiff over the availability of Malky Mackay.

Mackay is the bookmakers' favourite to succeed Dave Jones, who was sacked by the Bluebirds just over two weeks ago.

But Taylor on Tuesday afternoon told WalesOnline: "We've had no contact from Cardiff."

He added: "There has been a lot of talk that it is almost a done deal but we have heard nothing from Cardiff. Until we hear anything differently there is nothing more I can say."

The Scot has been the number one contender for the vacancy for some time, with Cardiff expected by many outsiders to have already made some kind of appointment by now one way or another.

However, Alan Shearer has emerged in the past 24 hours to become heavily linked to the post, with a large increase in punters' money and a resulting drop in odds at the bookies only increasing speculation.

And that's all well and good, but come on, do people honestly think that he only spoke to Media Wales ? :lol: They make it out as if it was some sort of exclusive interview he gave to them :lol: Come off it Tucker or whoever wrote that :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:32 pm

The link is at the bottom mate - it's a Eurosport column.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Yeah but it was first on (if I'm not mistaken) WalesOnline.
Merlin wrote:Watford chairman Graham Taylor insists the club have received no approach from managerless Cardiff over the availability of Malky Mackay.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Yeah but it was first on (if I'm not mistaken) WalesOnline.

Ok - I didn't see that bit! :lol: But anway, Watford through and through, he has no reason to lie to the fans surely? If he is though - OUCH! :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Merlin wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Yeah but it was first on (if I'm not mistaken) WalesOnline.

Ok - I didn't see that bit! :lol: But anway, Watford through and through, he has no reason to lie to the fans surely? If he is though - OUCH! :mrgreen:

Let's hope he is wrong and that Malky is on his way to a press conference as we speak ! :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Merlin, I know for a FACT THE CLUB HAVE SPOKEN TO Mackay.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Merlin, I know for a FACT THE CLUB HAVE SPOKEN TO Mackay.

the thing that worries me is have they spoken to the chairman to get permission ?????????????????????

Then go and tell the two Watford fans on this board that he has :lol: They won't believe any of us :lol:

So do you think he's still in with a shout of getting the job ? Because he's my preferred candidate !

So Annis, do you think Graham Taylor is quite simply full of shit! :lol:

Merlin wrote:

I hope he is. He's weird :?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Merlin wrote:

ok forever blue in that case then you must be suggesting that you have tapped up our manager.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:05 pm

Well I'm pretty sure Annis isn't bullshitting !

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:06 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Merlin wrote:

ok forever blue in that case then you must be suggesting that you have tapped up our manager.

OR your chairman is bullshitting you matey! :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Well I'm pretty sure Annis isn't bullshitting !

im not saying he is, but i am saying it sounds like you have tapped up our manager.

also not that i doubt him, but annis and carl dont exactly have the best reputation for getting things right on other cardiff forums. also ive read through some of these update threads, at the end of the day if you spout enough shite you'll get it right in the end. that seems to be the logic between the majority of this speculation.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:09 pm

Merlin wrote:
OR your chairman is bullshitting you matey! :lol:

hehe......we shall just have to wait and see. i know who i trust.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:10 pm

hornet_fan wrote:

im not saying he is, but i am saying it sounds like you have tapped up our manager.

also not that i doubt him, but annis and carl dont exactly have the best reputation for getting things right on other cardiff forums. also ive read through some of these update threads, at the end of the day if you spout enough shite you'll get it right in the end. that seems to be the logic between the majority of this speculation.

We have and he approached us first, We Poached each other :lol: :ayatollah: 100%.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:

We have and he approached us first, We Poached each other :lol: :ayatollah: 100%.

in that case it will be interesting to see this go up in front of the FA.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:23 pm

You're getting quite worked up over this aren't you ? :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:You're getting quite worked up over this aren't you ? :lol:

not at all my stance has been throughout with adequate (8ook) compo then its absolutely fine by me. at the end of the day that will bring watford closer to stability.

you can replace a manager.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:26 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:You're getting quite worked up over this aren't you ? :lol:

not at all my stance has been throughout with adequate (8ook) compo then its absolutely fine by me. at the end of the day that will bring watford closer to stability.

you can replace a manager.

Let's just wait and see what happens first. Too many people are jumping to conclusions !