Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Alan Shearer and Craig Bellamy's Relationship

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Shearer on Bellamy;

"Has no one learned their lesson about signing him?" Shearer said. "If only Rafa Benitez had rung me, I would've told him exactly what he was like.
"I hope there isn't anything in it. It would be interesting, especially with Terry McDermott still here because there was a scuffle at Anfield when Craig and Terry were coming down the tunnel."

Shearer admitted the mere prospect of Bellamy's return at his hometown club was enough to have him drowning his sorrows.
"I was having a few days away in France with Gary Speed and Steve Harper and the wives and I picked up a newspaper. I was having a fantastic day.
"But when I read Bellamy for Newcastle, I thought I would have to have another drink, so I had several."
Bellamy and Shearer's relationship deteriorated when abusive text messages were sent from his phone during his spell at Celtic to the Newcastle captain.
Shearer reportedly threatened to "knock his block off" if Bellamy returned to Newcastle.

Bellamy on Shearer;

“I always got on fine with Shearer but when Bobby Robson went, maybe I resented him a bit for how the manager left,” Bellamy said.

“That’s where my relationship with him broke down. But he was a phenomenal player to play with and I am grateful for the opportunity I had to play with him.

Text messages sent from Bellamy's phone to Shearer;

Bellamy made himself further unwelcome at St James' Park when some abusive text messages were allegedly sent from his phone to club captain Alan Shearer after Newcastle's FA Cup semi-final defeat by Manchester United in April 2005, while the player was still on-loan to Celtic for the remainder of that season. At the time, Bellamy was with the Celtic squad in Ireland for Jackie McNamara's testimonial golf day. Bellamy's agent insisted his mobile had been lost at the time and that he was not responsible for the texts. Kenneth Shepherd, son of Newcastle chairman Freddy, also claimed he received gloating text messages.

I don't think Bellamy sent those text messages to Shearer but it doesn't look like they had the best relationship anyway after Sir Bobby Robson left Newcastle. I would be happy and would back Shearer if he was appointed as our Manager but I don't think that Bellamy will have a say in the decision as he's not our player as of yet. But if he was appointed, I think Bellamy would still want to come back to his home town club and they would put their differences aside if they haven't already, because there's only one thing on Craig's mind and that's getting us promoted.

Re: Alan Shearer and Craig Bellamy's Relationship

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Craig won't hesitate in coming back, even if Shearer is manager. :ayatollah: