Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Alan Shearer links getting stronger

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:19 pm

The Irish lad who wrote here the other day about Steve Macphail tipping people off on the Emerald Isle has got the bookies running for cover. This might not be as far fetched as most imagine. If you read up on Shearer, guess which far east country he has strong links with?. A Malaysian consortium were behind a bid once to take charge of NUFC and appoint Shearer as boss and Shearer also has a football academy in Malaysia. Vincent Tan and Dato Chan will have the final say on who gets the hot seat, and for them who better to promote their club out there than someone who is already a household name? Personally I think we can do better, but you have to wonder

Re: Alan Shearer links getting stronger

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:20 pm

I hope not, unles they plan to back him with stupid money as IMO thats what he would need.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Wouldn't be the best appointment, but think about the players he could attract, and he is Alan Shearer! And if he wants to be a manager, then we may as well give him a go!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:40 pm

I think Shearer = no Bellamy

And when has Shearer ever proven himself as a manager? We need someone young and hungry, but I think he'd be a terrible appointment.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Agree, NO to shearer.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Shearer and Logan dream team

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Shearer,my arse.

If he becomes your next manager then i will gladly resign from this board and never post again.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:04 pm

blackswan wrote:Shearer,my arse.

If he becomes your next manager then i will gladly resign from this board and never post again.

You probably thought the same about us getting Bellamy. Coming to a big club like us is a huge job. We've got the pull-don't worry about that jack

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:08 pm

CityGent wrote:

You probably thought the same about us getting Bellamy. Coming to a big club like us is a huge job. We've got the pull-don't worry about that jack

I think Sir Craig's transfer was a little different,hometown club n' all that.Anyway im not talking about what type of pulling power you have.Im referring to the fact that he's fecking useless :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:09 pm

blackswan wrote:
CityGent wrote:

I think Sir Craig's transfer was a little different,hometown club n' all that.Anyway im not talking about what type of pulling power you have.Im referring to the fact that he's fecking useless :lol:

For once I agree