Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's accuracy we want, not speed.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 am

When I watch the news channels what annoys me is this: they think that if they are the first to get a "BREAKING NEWS" item to flash across the screen then they are the best news channel in the world...ever! BBC, SKY, ITV all guilty of it.

The fact that they spend hours speculating over the facts of what may, or may not, have happened seems irrelevant to them. Even if what they announced earlier was way off the mark then that can be forgotten because they can still claim they were first to break some sort of news.

In reality, what I want is accurate news, and I'm happy to wait until all the details are known before I hear about it.

Yeah, we all love to speculate, but let's just wait to see what news the club issues, when the deals are done and the names are known, eh?

Re: It's accuracy we want, not speed.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 am

Well said that man :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 am

PeterboroughBlue wrote:When I watch the news channels what annoys me is this: they think that if they are the first to get a "BREAKING NEWS" item to flash across the screen then they are the best news channel in the world...ever! BBC, SKY, ITV all guilty of it.

The fact that they spend hours speculating over the facts of what may, or may not, have happened seems irrelevant to them. Even if what they announced earlier was way off the mark then that can be forgotten because they can still claim they were first to break some sort of news.

In reality, what I want is accurate news, and I'm happy to wait until all the details are known before I hear about it.

Yeah, we all love to speculate, but let's just wait to see what news the club issues, when the deals are done and the names are known, eh?

This forum, is about having your say and having a good debate. Whats wrong in everyone saying who,what and where. Its great to talk about who we would like etc.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:22 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Well said that man :ayatollah:

So Craig, if we all shut up and dont say what we are hearing etc, surely it would be a very boring world ?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:24 am

Hmm
Daily Mail Article ?

Re: bellamy to stay or go ?
by PeterboroughBlue ยป Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:57 am

It looks like the two most important factors for him, judging by the latest Daily Mail article, are:
(1) family
(2) whether or not a team will play a style of football where he feels he can make his best contribution

Cardiff City could fit the bill on one, but the other is debatable.

There's one team that he keeps on mentioning that can satisfy both maybe....

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:
PeterboroughBlue wrote:When I watch the news channels what annoys me is this: they think that if they are the first to get a "BREAKING NEWS" item to flash across the screen then they are the best news channel in the world...ever! BBC, SKY, ITV all guilty of it.

This forum, is about having your say and having a good debate. Whats wrong in everyone saying who,what and where. Its great to talk about who we would like etc.

Nothing wrong at all...just like being in the pub and chatting about who you'd like to manage a team, who you'd like to get playing up front, what goalie is best. ;)

Just seem to be a lot more niggles these days over stuff that gets reported as facts.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Well said that man :ayatollah:

So Craig, if we all shut up and dont say what we are hearing etc, surely it would be a very boring world ?

my take on what he meant was.......speculation is fine as long as its known to be just that, speculation. Sometimes shit snowballs and the speculation is all of a sudden fact. Best example is your Malkay Mackay thread the other day......you said malkay is the man GJ wanted and its up to clubs to agree compo, a few pages later it got out of hand and he'd signed and was deffo ours......people get really excited (including me the other day, but we wont mention that ;) ) I love all the speculating and topics on here, but you know Annis, some people read things that aren't even written....hope you see what i mean....Apologies if that makes no sense as i have been awake since 7am Sunday morning (nights last night) and wont be going to sleep till 3pm, so thats 32hrs of no sleep for me :( :( :(

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:37 am

some ppl like to think they are TOP POSTER etc and who can deliver the latest gossip and who knows whats best and who knows who etc etc .... like you said its just opinions and debate which on the whole is very healthy :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: