Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALAN SHEARER

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:50 am

Alan Shearer into even money with Paddy Power now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know a few will disagree with me but i really think he would be a great person to take the job.(Although its still only rumour)
I believe the extra revenue we will get due to the interest in Malaysia would be massive. Im pretty sure half of them wont have heard of Mackay but im sure all will know Shearer and show greater interest in our club.
As for him knowing the game, theres no doubt about that. And i think he would be able to attract some top players.
Yes i know he argued with Bellamy, but are we really going to pay Man City 4 mill ? I cant see it
Shearer best be carefull what he says about the Jacks on MOTD if he takes our job
If Shearer gets the job, i for 1 will give him my full backing.

SHEARER ! SHEARER ! SHEARER !

Re: ALAN SHEARER

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 am

Not for me mate. I appreciate the qualities he'd bring as per your post but he's one of them that imo beleives he could manage because he was a good player - he'll get found out when he takes his next position...he won't have a career in management the way I see it

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:12 am

I think he ll do a good job,all the players will respect him,he ll attract players to the club,he always talks alot of sense when talking,he ll just need an experienced assistant,whether that would be Burton or not,I don't no.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:13 am

He's a pundit at best him. Excellent player but not sure he's cut out for management, hardly set the world alight when he was Newcastle boss.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:15 am

i`d love shearer at cardiff ..... the greatest striker i`ve seen in my lifetime in british football bar none but the trouble is dont him and bellers not get on?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:27 am

He's on his way....FACT! http://twitter.com/#!/Alnwickist :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:31 am

I remember they didn't get on lee,bellamy was hot headed back then mind,he's chilled out a bit now,so it could work.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:38 am

To say Bellamy and Shearer don't get on is an understatement.......They f*cking hate each other :shock:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:47 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:To say Bellamy and Shearer don't get on is an understatement.......They f*cking hate each other :shock:

I know, and I'd much rather have Bellamy here than Shearer

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:58 am

"Well Alan, what do England need to do to get back into this match in the 2nd half?"

"Gary, I think they just need to get stuck in"

Half time v Croatia, Euro 08 qualifier

No thanks Alan!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:02 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:To say Bellamy and Shearer don't get on is an understatement.......They f*cking hate each other :shock:

just to give some info on why they dislike each other:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... n14599603/

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:09 am

Has Shearer been interviewed--
I think it would be a great signing

Lets be fair the other candidtes are pretty drab in comparison

Shearer would add razzamatazz

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:11 am

Reading that article, it looks like Bellamy was behaving like a school kid ! I think he may have grown up by now.
And lets not forget, can you see us paying Man City 4 mill for him ? Id love Bellers back, just cant see it happening

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:13 am

GarethGardner wrote:Reading that article, it looks like Bellamy was behaving like a school kid ! I think he may have grown up by now.
And lets not forget, can you see us paying Man City 4 mill for him ? Id love Bellers back, just cant see it happening

Man city will cave, ive said before they need him off their wage bill.......all bellamy has to say is im not moving clubs ill sit in the reserves and you pay me for the year around £5m.....or give me half and i walk away!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:03 am

Mafor wrote:Has Shearer been interviewed--
I think it would be a great signing

Lets be fair the other candidtes are pretty drab in comparison

Shearer would add razzamatazz

The razzamatazz would soon become boring if the results were poor, initially it would be a headline appointment and take some of the shine off the JB's promotion but as I said the results are what matters.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:05 am

Alan Shearer . . . . . . . one nothing as a manager except take Newcastle down, to much risk for me!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:40 am

Stern wrote:Alan Shearer . . . . . . . one nothing as a manager except take Newcastle down, to much risk for me!

he didn't have enough time to win anything did he?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 am

Turned down Man Utd for the love of Newcastle and Newcastle Utd.

Doesn't get on with Bellers.

Is going to move all the way to Cardiff?

No chance.

Great player and has worked with some great managers.

Only player I've seen carry a team on his own to win the Prem.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Wish i backed him earlier now, was so tempted.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Should listen to me. Gareth gardner = The new carl !
Sorry mate, only teasing

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:39 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Should listen to me. Gareth gardner = The new carl !
Sorry mate, only teasing

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Shearer management thus far 8 games in relegation battle got 5 points - no offence didn't get the troops up for a good battle back then considering the circumstances ..He is blander than DJ and that takes some doing :evil: probably keeps his hands in pockets more than DJ too :evil:.. No amount of legend status is gunna make him a good manager - imo it will be a bad appointment - Shearer should stick to being dull on TV

I hope this issue of who's next manager gets resolved soon after 2 weeks of interviews , i will back Shearer , but like Annis and how he felt about Dave Jones's appointment is how I will feel next season If Shearer gets appointed as the new manager ...

srry so negative but Shearer get right up my tit , legend or not :evil:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:25 pm

give the man a chance