Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF 'EARNSHAW' DID RETURN ?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:21 am

If Robert Earnshaw did return would the expectation be to much ??????

Would there be too much pressure from fans for him to start scoring from the off ??????

Didn't we all feel the same about Koumas returning last season, and saying he his just what we have been missing ?????

They say never return to a previous club........look at 'Chopra' not half the player he was first time round !!!!!!!!!!!!

But he his on a free and as long as the wages are not too high, so would the gamble be worth it ?????????

So the pressure would be on straight from the off for 'Earnie' , have we got time to gamble ??????

If the answer is YES then I can see us only making the Playoffs at best !!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: IF 'EARNSHAW' DID RETURN

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:49 am

Once we have chosen a New Manager, He has told people at Our Club, I would love a return to my home town Club. You Never Know Hmm .

With Local players like Bells and Earnie, I feel the Passion/Desire to Succeed would come storming back and the Fans WOULD REALLY RALLY BEHIND THEM. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A player with passion,Love for the City, can still put them away and also Still very Hungry for Success.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 am

Anyone got a link to show he's on a free?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:56 am

Id welcome him with open arms. He would be perfect to come off the bench even if he didnt make the starting 11, but at the moment who else have we got ?
Ernie will show passion and commitment, something that home grown players will allways give

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 am

Earnie coming back is a no brainer.. A free transfer, proven at this level and he loves our club.

He won't get us 34 goals in a season again but could get around the 15 mark and it would help to create a real feelgood factor.

I can't believe that some people are saying they don't want him back when out strike force is currently Parkin and Jarvis, we could certainly do with a poacher to get on the end of The Beasts' knock downs.

Let's start developing a real club mentality, no more passengers, we don't have a fortune to spend so jump at the opportunity to sign players like him every time.

Re: IF 'EARNSHAW' DID RETURN ?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:52 am

Earnie as scored goals where ever he's been and he still as two good seasons left in him , he loves the club as always showed that when he as come back with other clubs and scored he as never celibrated whoever the new manager is , his first job must be to bring Earnie HOME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:54 am

Should Cardiff put in a cheeky bid to Forest for Gunter also ??? ;)

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:15 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Should Cardiff put in a cheeky bid to Forest for Gunter also ??? ;)

Noooooo !!! Didnt like him when he was with us and dont like his attitude towards our fans now

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 am

The only reason why we potentially shouldn’t sign Earnie is because of fear of him ruining the memories of his first spell. At the end of the day that’s in the past and it’s not a good enough reason to avoid signing a proven goalscorer at this level for nothing.

Also look at how the fans treated Koumas when he came back, even at the end people were still singing his name and despite a terrible season (apart from the odd flash of genius) he’s still a fans favourite here. Earnie is a bigger hero to us than Koumas was, he’d have to massively mess up to ruin his reputation with us.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:53 am

Bunk wrote:The only reason why we potentially shouldn’t sign Earnie is because of fear of him ruining the memories of his first spell. At the end of the day that’s in the past and it’s not a good enough reason to avoid signing a proven goalscorer at this level for nothing.

Also look at how the fans treated Koumas when he came back, even at the end people were still singing his name and despite a terrible season (apart from the odd flash of genius) he’s still a fans favourite here. Earnie is a bigger hero to us than Koumas was, he’d have to massively mess up to ruin his reputation with us.

earnie woudnt mess up imagine bellers and earnie up front :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:58 am

signing player who loves the club is never a bad idea.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:59 am

Merlin wrote:Anyone got a link to show he's on a free?

Merlin he's out of contract but still on Forest's books so he's not on the PFA list of free transfers cos he's still actually with them and not released on a free like say someone like Gavin Rae who is a free agent and basically unemployed.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:59 am

By the way I loved 'Earnie' when he first broke into the first team and would welcome him back with a big fat sloppy kiss :D

Being a 'Caerphilly Boy' and all that

Earnie Earnie Earnie

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:Once we have chosen a New Manager, He has told people at Our Club, I would love a return to my home town Club. You Never Know Hmm .

With Local players like Bells and Earnie, I feel the Passion/Desire to Succeed would come storming back and the Fans WOULD REALLY RALLY BEHIND THEM. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A player with passion,Love for the City, can still put them away and also Still very Hungry for Success.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes this is what its all about PASSION AND DESIRE and yes all the fans would raise the roof to see local lads with passion for cardiff to go places and give its all......THIS IS WHATS NEEDED :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:24 am

its a no brainer
come back earnie :ayatollah: :ayatollah: