Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MALKY MACKAY is better than both Hughton and RDM!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:51 pm

Just ask yourself this.....

If Hughton and RDM are so good then why are they still out of work?

Why were they both sacked in the first place?

Hughton is not good enough for CP, but he is good enough for us?

Why didn't both Newcastle Utd and WBA implode after both were SACKED?

Re: MALKY MACKAY is better than both Hughton and RDM!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 am

I agree, Gethin Jenkins might get it wrong, but look at what he's looking at....

Cardiff Squad - Tiny, about 4 players with any quality to get us into the play offs again.
The Malaysians - Want to challange for Promotion again, but want to cut the Wage Bill.

The contenders for the Job

Chris Hughton - Managed players on massive wages at Newcastle and had a squad with about 16 top quality championship players, even a few quality Premier League Players.

Roberto De Matteo - Managed players on big wages at WBA, had a very good squad with a lot of quality, and a few players that are very very good Premier League Players.

Malky MacKay - Managing a small Watford squad with limited quality, brought in top players on low wages and low transfer fees, got Watford challenging for the Play offs for much of the season.

So in my opinion its a incredibly good decision to appoint Malky MacKay.

Malky MacKay doing exactly what he did at Watford but with a bigger budget would definatly get us into the Play Offs at least!

But with CH and RDM the owners must look at it like they'd have to have and even bigger wage budget than last year and pay a lot of Transfer fees!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:03 am

^^^Great post!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:08 am

Big Boss Man wrote:Just ask yourself this.....

If Hughton and RDM are so good then why are they still out of work?

Why were they both sacked in the first place?

Hughton is not good enough for CP, but he is good enough for us?

Why didn't both Newcastle Utd and WBA implode after both were SACKED?

GOOD POINT Big Boss Man - MM is not my 1st pick,but from the above 2 - i would give him the job :ayatollah:

There are lots of CH and RDM fans on here,who have their views and surpport :ayatollah:

What we need is a manager in place by the weekend to start to build our squad up :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:16 am

I think Hughton and RDM are wanted by a lot of fans because they think that the club would be making a statement and it would also imply that there was a big transfer budget.

Hughton is shite in the transfer market by the way.

And Everton took a risk on a manager from a small club and that is working out pretty good.........

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:19 am

I am now fully expecting Malky Mackay to be our new manager in the next day or two but I would definetely take Hughton or Di Matteo if they were giving the job also :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:26 am

Mac-Kay's Barmy Army! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:28 am

Yer I wouldnt like to see CH here to be honest I just hope the things I was told is not true.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:38 am

Cardiff City: "Mr Hughton, what will you need to help get Cardiff City up next season?"

Hughton: "Not much. I'll need 10 million for a centre back. Another 6 million for a left back. Around £300,000 a week on wages for my midfield.............................................

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:55 am

I really don't feel for hughton or RDM, McKay or mcinnes would be my choice.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:59 am

2blue2handle wrote:I really don't feel for hughton or RDM, McKay or mcinnes would be my choice.

Agree - I don't think that Hughton or RDM would be suitable for he club as we embark on a rebuilding job of our squad.