Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ROBERT EARNSHAW "

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 pm

this would make me so happy , get him back city :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Once we have chosen a New Manager, He has told people at Our Club, I would love a return to my home town Club. You Never Know Hmm :ayatollah:

I would love earnshaw back at the City bring him back hope it works out. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:44 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:
Good man gabbs :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

I do know that Earnie is desperate for a move back to Cardiff, he has a one year old boy and regularly comes back to Cardiff on the weekends. All his family are living in Cardiff.

But what made me think even more that he is returning to Cardiff is that his brother Dave, is working on redocorating and building up a home for Robert back in Cardiff :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Whoever the new manager is - if they had an sense would get Earnie back,to score brownie points with the fans.

The last 3 games i have seen Earnie,he has played well and taken his goals as the old Earnie :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:06 am

gabbs wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:

I do know that Earnie is desperate for a move back to Cardiff, he has a one year old boy and regularly comes back to Cardiff on the weekends. All his family are living in Cardiff.

But what made me think even more that he is returning to Cardiff is that his brother Dave, is working on redocorating and building up a home for Robert back in Cardiff :ayatollah:

Gabbs, Earnie's family are from Caerphilly and mostly living there last I heared but I expect a few do live in Cardiff. I worked with his sister Diane for a short while a few years ago, pretty sure she was living or planning on moving to Cardiff. Regardless anyway the fact is there in the area and surely he'd prefer to finish his career back home local to his family rather than a few hundred miles away in Nottingham? If I close my eyes I can see him in a City shirt again scoring goals for fun and celebrating with his trademark somersaults. :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:12 am

RichBluebird wrote:
gabbs wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:

Gabbs, Earnie's family are from Caerphilly and mostly living there last I heared but I expect a few do live in Cardiff. I worked with his sister Diane for a short while a few years ago, pretty sure she was living or planning on moving to Cardiff. Regardless anyway the fact is there in the area and surely he'd prefer to finish his career back home local to his family rather than a few hundred miles away in Nottingham? If I close my eyes I can see him in a City shirt again scoring goals for fun and celebrating with his trademark somersaults. :D :ayatollah:

Yeah most of his family are now living in cardiff, his brother told me that robert enjoys living up north but he has said about his high interest in returning to cardiff and being close to his family and friends and back playing for the club as he loves the club and us, the fans :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:50 am

What a lift this would be to the club!

Earnie is a Bluebird!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:Once we have chosen a New Manager, He has told people at Our Club, I would love a return to my home town Club. You Never Know Hmm :ayatollah:

This has to happen now - the new manager can't ignore:

- His undoubted qualities at this level
- His close links and passion for the club
- Good relationship with who hopefully will still be our best player next season i.e. Craig Bellamy
- His new found maturity and stature in the game as shown by the faith Gary Speed put in him in the Nations Cup, by giving him the armband
- He plays a position we have a shortage of at the moment
- Theres no fee involved
- Hes gone out of his way to inform the club he WANTS to play for us

You don't need anymore reasons than that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:14 am

Fantastic news !!!!! :ayatollah: His finish against Northern Ireland the other day was world class :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:33 am

RichBluebird wrote:Annis he would be welcome with open arms and still knows where the goal is as shown against the Jacks in the play-off semis and for Wales in the Nations Cup this summer, although I admit that Northern Ireland team were no way at full strength.

Would be a ready made replacement for Chopra and would link up well with Jon Parkin in a big man-little man strike pairing much like the type of partnership he forged so succesfully with Peter Thorne and at times Gavin Gordon, Leo Fortune-West and Alan Lee whenever they were called upon.
:) :ayatollah:

Bellamy will be our little man !!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:00 am

He's not on the PFA Free Transfer list! You sure he's available for FREE?

If he's free I'd say yes - but I wouldn't pay any more then £350,000-£500,000 for him.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 am

HURRY UP CITY, Earnie cant wait for ever :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:56 am

since the end of the season i said i'd love to see earnie back, but now that he has actually said he wants a return.....i am buzzing. maybe things are on the up?
another player who loves the club, wants to play for the club and will try so hard to get us promoted. just what we need! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:00 am

Earnie is getting a lot of messages from Bluebirds on Twitter asking him to come back.

WE WANT EARNIE HOME!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:07 am

RichBluebird wrote:Annis he would be welcome with open arms and still knows where the goal is as shown against the Jacks in the play-off semis and for Wales in the Nations Cup this summer, although I admit that Northern Ireland team were no way at full strength.

Would be a ready made replacement for Chopra and would link up well with Jon Parkin in a big man-little man strike pairing much like the type of partnership he forged so succesfully with Peter Thorne and at times Gavin Gordon, Leo Fortune-West and Alan Lee whenever they were called upon.

Thorne couldn't score goals for us because of Earnies selfishness, he is not a team player have a look at some of Forest's goals last season he rarely celebrated when others scored. Still lacks a first touch and his pace is on the wain

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 am

Taffs Well Blue wrote:

Thorne couldn't score goals for us because of Earnies selfishness, he is not a team player have a look at some of Forest's goals last season he rarely celebrated when others scored. Still lacks a first touch and his pace is on the wain

Have to disagree with you there, when he scored 35 in a season for us I believe Thorne ended the season on 12 which if you ask me 40+ goals from your two strikers is a good pairing.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:14 am

Earnie didnt score too many goals when Thorney WASNT playing I seem to remember ?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:31 am

If Earnie comes back, you can add another 500-1,000 more ST holders :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Earnie didnt score too many goals when Thorney WASNT playing I seem to remember ?

Yeah, he does seem to get on well with some strike partners and not others.

I've got this little alarm bell in my head about Earnie coming back (a bit of a Koumas feeling maybe) but I'd love to see that somersault performed again in a City shirt.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:53 am

Merlin wrote:He's not on the PFA Free Transfer list! You sure he's available for FREE?

If he's free I'd say yes - but I wouldn't pay any more then £350,000-£500,000 for him.

Have you got a link for this list Merlin?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:56 am

He would add something that Chopra and Bothroyd rarely gave--a Big smile

bring it on --Our best ever striker returns

Trouble is Steve Maclaren will fancy keeping him and Birmingham and others are after him

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:00 am

fetch earnie home :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 am

Annis,
Earnie might now want to return to City but there was a time he, allegedly, couldn't wait to get away from us. His last 6 months at the Club resulted in a meagre return of only a handful of goals.

StT.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:24 am

RichBluebird wrote:
Taffs Well Blue wrote:

Have to disagree with you there, when he scored 35 in a season for us I believe Thorne ended the season on 12 which if you ask me 40+ goals from your two strikers is a good pairing.

Earnie was on 5grand a goal and it showed Thorne was on 10 grand a goal, look back at the Wales international in Dublin, the commentator first words were rather selfish of Earnshaw when another player was in a better position. Plays for himself and not the team and work rate was never his forte