Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ROBERT EARNSHAW "

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:37 pm

Once we have chosen a New Manager, He has told people at Our Club, I would love a return to my home town Club. You Never Know Hmm :ayatollah:

Re: " ROBERT EARNSHAW "

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:40 pm

Exactly what I was told yesterday Annis by someone who plays with him! Earnie has let it be known he only wants to come here and has turned down other offers to see whether the new manager wants him here! Surely on a free transfer and the legend he is we will snap him up!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:42 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Exactly what I was told yesterday Annis by someone who plays with him! Earnie has let it be known he only wants to come here and has turned down other offers to see whether the new manager wants him here! Surely on a free transfer and the legend he is we will snap him up!

I would love him to Return. Apparently he has been waiting patiently and has let the Club know he wants to come home :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:42 pm

Annis he would be welcome with open arms and still knows where the goal is as shown against the Jacks in the play-off semis and for Wales in the Nations Cup this summer, although I admit that Northern Ireland team were no way at full strength.

Would be a ready made replacement for Chopra and would link up well with Jon Parkin in a big man-little man strike pairing much like the type of partnership he forged so succesfully with Peter Thorne and at times Gavin Gordon, Leo Fortune-West and Alan Lee whenever they were called upon.
:) :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Be happy with that. Showed against the Jacks and for Wales out in Ireland that he still has an eye for a goal. Not sure about players returning to clubs though.

It's a no brainer, hopefully the new manager sees it that way. What a first signing that would be to endear yourself to the fans.

We can all live in hope that the new manager whoever it maybe will have the common sense to bring Ernie Home. We need his quality of finishing and experience now we have got rid of Chops.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:45 pm

RichBluebird wrote:Annis he would be welcome with open arms and still knows where the goal is as shown against the Jacks in the play-off semis and for Wales in the Nations Cup this summer, although I admit that Northern Ireland team were no way at full strength.

Would be a ready made replacement for Chopra and would link up well with Jon Parkin in a big man-little man strike pairing much like the type of partnership he forged so succesfully with Peter Thorne and at times Gavin Gordon, Leo Fortune-West and Alan Lee whenever they were called upon.
:) :ayatollah:

Richard, I totally agree and a player with passion,Love for the City, can still put them away and also Still very Hungry for Success. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:45 pm

I would love Earnie back, guarantees a consistant Threat, especially from the bench, would be a quality BACKUP striker !!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:47 pm

I want Earnie back!!! I love this guy! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He's one of us. :ayatollah:

CCFC 24 wrote:I would love Earnie back, guarantees a consistant Threat, especially from the bench, would be a quality BACKUP striker !!! :ayatollah:

from the bench????

Please please please let it be true I would love to have earnie back here. Quality skillfull dedicated!! We all love earnie :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 pm

i wud love if it happened

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:51 pm

I'd want him anyway, but now Chops has gone, it's a no brainer.

Come home, Earnie.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 pm

If he's on a free it's a no brainer...with his little pick and shovel he'll be there!!!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:53 pm

This has made my night

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:53 pm

Hopefully we get Bellers and Earnie back!!!!!! I would love that! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:54 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
CCFC 24 wrote:I would love Earnie back, guarantees a consistant Threat, especially from the bench, would be a quality BACKUP striker !!! :ayatollah:

from the bench????

Well yes? Earnie's been playing most games for Forest, and Forest's weaker points were their strikeforce, a well known fact,hy they weren't promoted! I wouldn't want Earnier starting, although being at home he might find his goalscoring boots once again, but he';d be used in a squad rotation if I was boss!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Back-up Striker? I'm not sure about that, I think if he comes back to us it'll be as a first choice striker and the only time he wont play is if he's rested or injured. 15-20 goals a reasonable target for him, especially if we can get a good right winger in to replace Burkey and put some crosses into the box for him. All we need now is a goalscoring midfield general player in the Graham Kavanagh mould and we'll be sorted. Just like the good old days of beating Leeds in the FA Cup and getting to the play-off final etc. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:00 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

from the bench????

Well yes? Earnie's been playing most games for Forest, and Forest's weaker points were their strikeforce, a well known fact,hy they weren't promoted! I wouldn't want Earnier starting, although being at home he might find his goalscoring boots once again, but he';d be used in a squad rotation if I was boss!

Thankfully u ain't boss earnie would start in our team everytime.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:00 pm

I heard he's been trying to get McGugan to come with him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Once we have chosen a New Manager, He has told people at Our Club, I would love a return to my home town Club. You Never Know Hmm :ayatollah:

bad move.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:I heard he's been trying to get McGugan to come with him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'd take both of them. Lewis McGugan has been a constant thorn in our side when we've played Forest the past few seasons and could be that quality centre midfield player we've been lacking the past few seasons, apart from when we had Rambo back on loan. Both be welcome for me and a step in the right direction if we were to get them both.
:D :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:16 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

from the bench????

He didn't play most games for Forest (as Billy Davies has never liked him), he only started 18 games last season for Forest and scored 8 goals.
Would love Earnie back, he still has a good season or two in him.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:17 pm

RichBluebird wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:I heard he's been trying to get McGugan to come with him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'd take both of them. Lewis McGugan has been a constant thorn in our side when we've played Forest the past few seasons and could be that quality centre midfield player we've been lacking the past few seasons, apart from when we had Rambo back on loan. Both be welcome for me and a step in the right direction if we were to get them both.

I agree but it'll obviously be down to the manager when he comes in. We'll probably end up with an FAW version of Heskey.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:24 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Exactly what I was told yesterday Annis by someone who plays with him! Earnie has let it be known he only wants to come here and has turned down other offers to see whether the new manager wants him here! Surely on a free transfer and the legend he is we will snap him up!

Dirty little bugger!!!lol :D

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
RichBluebird wrote:

I agree but it'll obviously be down to the manager when he comes in. We'll probably end up with an FAW version of Heskey.

Absolutely, just saying it would be nice to get both of them. HA yeah your prob right, knowing our luck we'll actually end up with Heskey himself partnering Parkin up front next season :roll:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Once we have chosen a New Manager, He has told people at Our Club, I would love a return to my home town Club. You Never Know Hmm :ayatollah:

Your correct Annis :ayatollah:

I actually work with Robert's brother Dave and Il see him tomorrow night and il speak to him more about his brother and find out the latest about his possible and very likely move back to Cardiff :ayatollah:

If I see Dave in work tomorrow il give the forum a little update on this situation :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:35 pm

gabbs wrote:

Your correct Annis :ayatollah:

I actually work with Robert's brother Dave and Il see him tomorrow night and il speak to him more about his brother and find out the latest about his possible and very likely move back to Cardiff :ayatollah:

If I see Dave in work tomorrow il give the forum a little update on this situation :ayatollah:

Good man gabbs :ayatollah: