Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bongani Khumalo - Cardiff City trial

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Taken from Bongani Khumalo's twitter account 2 hours ago: "Got trails for Cardiff City FC though... But I'm sure I'mma make them yo cc"

Bongani Sandile Khumalo (born 6 January 1987) is a South African footballer who plays as a defender for Tottenham Hotspur and South Africa.

Khumalo was named in the South African squad for the 2009 Confederations Cup and 2010 FIFA World Cup, both in South Africa. On 22 June 2010, Khumalo scored the first goal after 21 minutes against France as South Africa finished their World Cup campaign with a 2–1 win.

Khumalo maybe our first signing??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by jaybothroyd on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Bongani Khumalo - Cardiff City trial

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 pm

Good spot mate :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:03 pm

wouldnt all signings be the choice of our new manager ??

so does this mean our new manager is already tapping players up ?

or have GJ and AW got this guy his trial ??

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:05 pm

usually the Manager picks Trial-lists isn't it?

Interesting stuff...

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:05 pm

jaybothroyd wrote:Taken from Bongani Khumalo's twitter account 2 hours ago: "Got trails for Cardiff City FC though... But I'm sure I'mma make them yo cc"

Bongani Sandile Khumalo (born 6 January 1987) is a South African footballer who plays as a defender for Tottenham Hotspur and South Africa.

Khumalo was named in the South African squad for the 2009 Confederations Cup and 2010 FIFA World Cup, both in South Africa. On 22 June 2010, Khumalo scored the first goal after 21 minutes against France as South Africa finished their World Cup campaign with a 2–1 win.

Khumalo maybe our first signing??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Looks tidy too.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Very interesting. Is he out of contract at Spurs then? Also did anyone see how he did for Preston in the second half of last season?

Edit: Just read in his description on his twitter account the words "paper motivated", presumably referring to money as paper. Lovely.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Thats 1 hell of a spot fair play

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:13 pm

BradSK wrote:Very interesting. Is he out of contract at Spurs then? Also did anyone see how he did for Preston in the second half of last season?

Edit: Just read in his description on his twitter account the words "paper motivated", presumably referring to money as paper. Lovely.

He didnt play against us in Preston, he pulled out injured b4 the game

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

GarethGardner wrote:
BradSK wrote:Very interesting. Is he out of contract at Spurs then? Also did anyone see how he did for Preston in the second half of last season?

He didnt play against us in Preston, he pulled out injured b4 the game

Scored on his debut when they beat the jacks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:26 pm

If he does sign Jay ,will you change your username to his?? I beg you. :D

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Wonder how long b4 the Echo get their hands on this story

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:33 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Wonder how long b4 the Echo get their hands on this story

im typing it up now as a matter of fact. lol.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:36 pm

isit actually him though ? the twitter picture doesn't look like this one of him Image

twitter one -

and most of his tweets are for people to follow him and retweets an article about arsenal ,maybe its just a coincidence that he has the same name and is about to study in cardiff

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:45 pm

baseboy007 wrote:If he does sign Jay ,will you change your username to his?? I beg you. :D

:lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:57 pm

It most certainly is his real one, mentions of South Africa, football, etc.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:00 pm

I don't think it's him.

His middle name according to his Facebook account linked from his Twitter account is different to the one on Wikipedia. I realise that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, but still doesn't add up.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:00 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:It most certainly is his real one, mentions of South Africa, football, etc.

I'm almost 100% sure it's his real one. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:02 pm

its not him ...... hes going to university in september in cardiff its not the same one as the one at spurs as they have different middle names and its the academy he has trials for :

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:09 pm

forgot to add this is the guys facebook page he came out of highschool last year http://www.facebook.com/bvkhumalo#!/bvkhumalo?sk=info