Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Help with the jack gloating!!!!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:32 pm

I work with jacks and live in same street as jacks (in Caerphilly). I am getting the gloating non stop. So I just simply say Cardiff have won an FA Cup and Charity Shield and been in the semis of European Cup. Anything else I can chuck at em?

Re: Help with the jack gloating!!!!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Cymruguy2011 wrote:I work with jacks and live in same street as jacks (in Caerphilly). I am getting the gloating non stop. So I just simply say Cardiff have won an FA Cup and Charity Shield and been in the semis of European Cup. Anything else I can chuck at em?

Tell him to have a f'cking diet. :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:37 pm

From 155 competitive derby games games, Cardiff City 75 Wins, Swansea City 44 Wins, 37 Draws.

That is 31 more wins at the SW derby :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Remind them they'll never be as big as Cardiff :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Ha ha yeah lawnmower man. I can show em a picture of the slimline lollipop man Leighton James.

Oh and ninianparkwas...I have used those stats and they cone back with "well thats history and we are in the now", but would man u fans agree that their achievements mean nout all cos they were in the past.!!!

Oh and I use this cracker... Cardiff have sold 17,000 season tickets compared to the jacks 15 or 16,000 and they are in the prem. And is it also true that the jacks didn't sell their allocation of playoff final tickets at wembley?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:45 pm

I've just been rubbing their noses in the fact that we'll have a higher attendance watching Peterborough next year, than they will watching Manchester United & Chelsea! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Too true Halifax and yes Afan your soooo right, but then your Cardiff. Got
My season ticket ordered and cannot wait or the forthcoming season. Listening to Annis and Carl on here gives menmore optimism. Even if we haven't pinned down a gaffer yet.

BLUUUUEEBIIIIIIIIIRDS!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:51 pm

I'm surrounded by them mate, ive learned u just gotta let them have their time in the sun nothin u say can get to them at the mo they r on cloud 9...let them have their glory it could well be short lived good things in footie never last!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Cymruguy2011 wrote:Ha ha yeah lawnmower man. I can show em a picture of the slimline lollipop man Leighton James.

Oh and ninianparkwas...I have used those stats and they cone back with "well thats history and we are in the now", but would man u fans agree that their achievements mean nout all cos they were in the past.!!!

Oh and I use this cracker... Cardiff have sold 17,000 season tickets compared to the jacks 15 or 16,000 and they are in the prem. And is it also true that the jacks didn't sell their allocation of playoff final tickets at wembley?

Seeing as we've sold every season ticket the rules permit us to sell and we have a waiting list, that isn't really much of a cracker is it? Especially when so many of your ST holders don't bother to turn up ;)

Oh, and no, we sold out our allocation, asked for more tickets and sold them out too.

Try again :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:52 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Cymruguy2011 wrote:Ha ha yeah lawnmower man. I can show em a picture of the slimline lollipop man Leighton James.

Seeing as we've sold every season ticket the rules permit us to sell and we have a waiting list, that isn't really much of a cracker is it? Especially when so many of your ST holders don't bother to turn up ;)

Oh, and no, we sold out our allocation, asked for more tickets and sold them out too.

PLASTIC FANS ;)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

PLASTIC FANS ;)

Yep, if those who bought season tickets for you were real fans they'd turn up :D

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:54 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:[

PLASTIC FANS ;)[/quote]

Yep, if those who bought season tickets for you were real fans they'd turn up :D[/quote]

perhaps they did but the non season ticket holders dont attend all the home games (like me!)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Ok NJ um how's this. You have yet to achieve the silverware and honours we have had. Oh and your capacity is smaller at the liberty of course hence why you have sold out. BOOM!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Cymruguy2011 wrote:Ok NJ um how's this. You have yet to achieve the silverware and honours we have had. Oh and your capacity is smaller at the liberty of course hence why you have sold out. BOOM!

I would suggest that hanging on a your one bit of glory that took place 84 years ago isn't the best way to achieve one-upmanship.

As for the capacity, again it's a fairly lame point as I don't really think anyone will care you're getting 2,000 more fans in the Championship while we're entertaining the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal etc :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Just rise above it. Don't bite. Shrug your shoulders. Be proud of Cardiff City, our club, fans, and traditions. What goes round comes round in football. Out of interest, though, where have they been until now? Do they go to the games, home and away? Usually the ones that do are more sensible, and you can talk football with them. Easy for me, I know, because there are none on the Gabalfa estate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:03 pm

Would man u and Chelsea and spurs et etc think it was lame to have their names on silverware? No of course not. And doesn't your statement worry you that we will be getting at least 2,000 more fans than you at championship level, whilst you enjoy your one off season of premiership? what year did you reach the semis of the European cup then?

Nah, didn't think so. Enjoy the top flight - after all we have been there before and stayed longer than you will.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:05 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Cymruguy2011 wrote:Ok NJ um how's this. You have yet to achieve the silverware and honours we have had. Oh and your capacity is smaller at the liberty of course hence why you have sold out. BOOM!

I would suggest that hanging on a your one bit of glory that took place 84 years ago isn't the best way to achieve one-upmanship.

As for the capacity, again it's a fairly lame point as I don't really think anyone will care you're getting 2,000 more fans in the Championship while we're entertaining the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal etc :lol:

So how many fans do you think you would ACTUALLY get watching another season of championship football Jack??? Be honest with yourself.....

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

So how many fans do you think you would ACTUALLY get watching another season of championship football Jack??? Be honest with yourself.....

More than last year due to to style of football compared to the Sousa season. But then that's not something I have to worry about as we don't have another season of Championship football ;)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:21 pm

NJ73

Enjoy the Prem, you deserved to go up. But chances are, you will be back in the Championship at some point. What goes round,comes round.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Yes llangain, bookies have predicted that Swansea will spend 4 seasons at the very least in the Prem.....
Summer, autumn, winter, spring.... Ho ho.