Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Malky & Neil "

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:18 pm

So Malky and Neil Ardley are close friends, and if MM gets the job (providing compensation is agreed) Neil will be pulled from academy manager to 1st team assistant. Annis knows who I got this from, if it turns out false id be extremely surprised. Neil is also very popular with the malaysians and I believe he would be the eyes and ears in the changing room. Im putting it out there for all to see and discuss, whatever happens...that's the beauty of the Cardiff City Forum and Its pointless keeping it to myself in fear of being incorrect.

I just pray it works!!

Carl's mini update may hint at a rabbit in the hat however....WE SHALL SEE.

Re: " Malky & Neil "

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:24 pm

baseboy007 wrote:So Malky and Neil Ardley are close friends, and if MM gets the job (providing compensation is agreed) Neil will be pulled from academy manager to 1st team assistant. Annis knows who I got this from, if it turns out false id be extremely surprised. Neil is also very popular with the malaysians and I believe he would be the eyes and ears in the changing room. Im putting it out there for all to see and discuss, whatever happens...that's the beauty of the Cardiff City Forum and Its pointless keeping it to myself in fear of being incorrect.

I just pray it works!!

Carl's mini update may hint at a rabbit in the hat however....WE SHALL SEE.

Won't Malky be bringning Sean Dyche his current number 2 with him then?

Re: Malky & Neil

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Annis, is Ardley thought about that much by the malaysians?[/quote]

Yes Big time.[/quote]

Must admit, always thought he was a tidy player at Wimbledon.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:28 pm

I heard that the new people were unsure which way to go?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Wouldn't be the first team to promote from youth coath.
I like the idea of the youth coach being more involved, wasn't this one of DJ'S faults?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Wouldn't be the first team to promote from youth coath.
I like the idea of the youth coach being more involved, wasn't this one of DJ'S faults?

I think even burton must have been pulling his hair out, shame Jones didn't listen to him.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:33 pm

From what i've been told it aint that simple.

The new people talking to the excisiting set up about the change. But the latest interview blew all that out of the water based on the original agreement.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Not having a go at Ardley but what is it that he has done that makes him so highly thought of by the Malaysians. So many messages posted on the boards have said that the Academy has been neglected in recent years so if that is true just wondering what it is that Ardley has managed to do to impress the Makaysians so much.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:Not having a go at Ardley but what is it that he has done that makes him so highly thought of by the Malaysians. So many messages posted on the boards have said that the Academy has been neglected in recent years so if that is true just wondering what it is that Ardley has managed to do to impress the Makaysians so much.

Don't think the neglection has anything to do with Ardley, the academy ain't had serious funding since Sam left.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Like i said the situation has developed since the incident at the academy.

New owners are SERIOUSLY looking at viable options.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:39 pm

stuckster wrote:Like i said the situation has developed since the incident at the academy.

New owners are SERIOUSLY looking at viable options.

.?.?.?.?.?.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Mmmmm exactly!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:44 pm

I heard Sean Dyche is the man that Malky listens to, if Malky comes then im hoping Dyche comes with him

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:48 pm

GarethGardner wrote:I heard Sean Dyche is the man that Malky listens to, if Malky comes then im hoping Dyche comes with him

Must admit, they both gave a very good account of themselves at Watford.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:17 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
GarethGardner wrote:I heard Sean Dyche is the man that Malky listens to, if Malky comes then im hoping Dyche comes with him

Must admit, they both gave a very good account of themselves at Watford.

I agree with you chaps, but football politics COULD be at play here. As I have said Neil is a good friend of MM from their playing days and he is also very close with the Malaysians...it may be something that the Malaysians wanted as part of the deal. Who knows....

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:06 am

The academy has never been well funded even under Sam My boys who were in the academy in pre and post Sam . Believe it or not the kids had to pay for their own training kit costing up to £200 a d then at the end of the season you had to return it to the club One thing asking for the money another on asking for it back
The main thing I have seen is a drop in coaching quality seems as if to many friends are now involved The only constant coach is Geriant Twose We have some ex players who to be honest are very poor quality coaches and are living on a reputation with the club.
Also when we have people who were centre backs at the club why oh why don't they help coach the back line at each level because that would make sense but just does not happen We have many talented kids who are having all the skill ripped out of them as far as I can see I for one wish my sons went into the academy later and enjoyed the football at club level and not at academy level until age 14
So don't be in a rush to get your kids in the academy most of the kids that are there at 8/9 are not there at 16 only one of this years first year scholars 2011/12 season was at the club when 8 most were with club when around 14

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:11 am

Mackay back out to Evens glad i didnt back him

SHEARER IS COMING

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 am

Why would shearer want to give up his well paid, relaxed lifestyle appearing on motd once or twice a week to go to the stresses of full time management?

Doesn't make sense to me.

He'd be a better option up front than Parkin though :D

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 am

Malky as manager, his man Dyche as Assistant and Ardley as 1st team coach, sounds like a plan

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:54 am

stevee1966 wrote:Why would shearer want to give up his well paid, relaxed lifestyle appearing on motd once or twice a week to go to the stresses of full time management?

Doesn't make sense to me.

He'd be a better option up front than Parkin though :D

shearer would love to get back into management
not that i would want him tho :shock: