Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Super Kev Club Captian

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Just thinking about the new season, and what the team really needs. Bellaz hasnt signed or we havent got him on loan yet. But i think we need a shake up in the current team, and someone with fire in thier belly , love for the team, and someone who is loyal and a true leader. Now he might not be the biggest guy. But he gives 110% everytime, and always wants to play no mater the positon.

This year i would love to see Super Kevin Mcnaughton as our Club Captain.

Would like to hear your thoughts on this?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Super Kev Club Captian

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 pm

I think Anthony Gerrard would do a great job he also shows a lot of passion as well :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:36 pm

ccfcninian wrote:I think Anthony Gerrard would do a great job he also shows a lot of passion as well :ayatollah:

unfortunately, he's an awful defender from what i saw of him in a City shirt

hope he proves me wrong

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Let's see who we sign first.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:41 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:I think Anthony Gerrard would do a great job he also shows a lot of passion as well :ayatollah:

hope he proves me wrong

He got player of the year at Hull and was also their captain for a spell I think under a new manager we will see a different player to the one that was under DJ

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:44 pm

ccfcninian wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

hope he proves me wrong

He got player of the year at Hull and was also their captain for a spell I think under a new manager we will see a different player to the one that was under DJ

ive said it a million times on here but what worries me is his abilities on the ball, every time he had the ball he would just hoof it up field and hope for the best... it was so frustrating, id love to be able to see us building attacks and playing football this year and that starts at the back, im not asking for Puyol and Pique but just someone with reasonable technical ability

he may well have improved though, id prefer him to that numpty Keinan to be honest

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:05 pm

scott_w_ccfc,

Keinan's a good player, he just had a dodgy ending to the season. He only really played poorly against Reading at home, and possibly Boro as well, but even then he wasn't as bad as people make him out to be. Better footballer than Gerrard that's for sure. If you want someone who will start attacks from the back, he's your man, not AG.