Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Rubbish in Roath/Cathays

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 pm

What the hell is happening down there?

Walked through there on the way back from buying some vinyl, and the paths were covered in rubbish.

I've seen cleaner slums in Italy. Disgrace

Re: O/T Rubbish in Roath/Cathays

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:29 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:What the hell is happening down there?

Walked through there on the way back from buying some vinyl, and the paths were covered in rubbish.

they aint those streets on the way to the stadium from the central train station are they?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:04 pm

students , these are our future :roll:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:08 pm

ninianblue wrote:students , these are our future :roll:

oh shut it mun :lol: :D :ayatollah: IM A BRIDGENDER NOT A f*cking CARDIFFIAN :evil: :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:What the hell is happening down there?

its that Claude Blue , dirty old tramp.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Yeah, students have to empty their houses of rubbish before they leave but there's no local skips in Cathays or Roath provided for students to put the rubbish so they just have to leave it on the street where it gets ripped open by birds and animals.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:19 am

Midfield general wrote:
Zabier wrote:Yeah, students have to empty their houses of rubbish before they leave but there's no local skips in Cathays or Roath provided for students to put the rubbish so they just have to leave it on the street where it gets ripped open by birds and animals.

Yeah and they couldn't be arsed taking it to Lamby Way!!! Everyone of them should be fined big time!!!

I was a student in Cardiff for 7 years. This came up every single year, until I got a car in my final year. How do you propose students take a years worth of rubbish to lamby way? Bus? Once we tried calling a taxi but he was having none of it.

Fact is hardly anyone in Cathays pays council tax so Cardiff council are quite happy to let the streets turn into a tramps living room June every year

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:10 am

Its not a years worth of biodegradable/food rubbish is it. Just what comes out of most peoples houses when they move/do an annual spring clean.

It's also worth considering rent prices are exorbitant and kept artificially high, and 4 adults are usually crammed into a 2 up 2 down - that wouldn't happen in the normal rental market.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:28 am

I'm not sure I understand. Do you not do a spring clean once a year and end up with double the bin bags compared to normal? That's all that's happening, combined with the population density it's hardly suprising there is rubbish on the streets. And it's not like the council don't know it's going to happen every year is it?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:36 am

All the rubbish I had to avoid stepping in was normal household waste, not stuff you'd throw out when moving. To be honest, it looks sometimes as if people just throw their rubbish out the front window, or scrape their plates onto the footpaths.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:53 am

Seriously. take your rubbish bit by bit a month before, or get a mate to take you. Someone must have a car between the household or know somebody that has a car/van.

Some realy lame exscuses on this thread.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:33 am

I find it hilarious that because there is rubbish on the streets of Roath/Cathays, is HAS to be the 'filthy students' who are causing all of the mess.

Last time I checked, there were still non-students living in these areas and I'm sure they also contribute to the mess.

I do agree that the majority of the mess is coming from students moving out etc. which is not acceptable, but I don't understand why students are being sterotyped.

When I lived in Cathays, my next door neighbour kept all kinds of shite outside his garden...sofa...old cupboard...bin bags etc. I must admit, I didn't stay there long, but he wasn't a student.

For the sake of clarity, I'm not a student anymore, so in truth, I'm not really sure why I am sticking up for them :D .

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:20 am

pentwyndynamo wrote:I find it hilarious that because there is rubbish on the streets of Roath/Cathays, is HAS to be the 'filthy students' who are causing all of the mess.

Last time I checked, there were still non-students living in these areas and I'm sure they also contribute to the mess.

I do agree that the majority of the mess is coming from students moving out etc. which is not acceptable, but I don't understand why students are being sterotyped.

When I lived in Cathays, my next door neighbour kept all kinds of shite outside his garden...sofa...old cupboard...bin bags etc. I must admit, I didn't stay there long, but he wasn't a student.

For the sake of clarity, I'm not a student anymore, so in truth, I'm not really sure why I am sticking up for them :D .

You are right mate, there are scruffs in every walk of life, students, middle aged people, oap's, benefit cheats, even profesionals.

Iv never understood people who dump rubbish on the mountain, absolute disgrace, takes them just as long to drive up the mountain as it wood a tip.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:05 pm

This argument is all pointless now because Cathays is back to being clean and tidy (by us anyway!) now the students have all exited their properties over last fortnight. I seem to remember one year the Council organised for a special delivery pick up on the Monday morning for Cathays after the majority of students had left (they know which weekend it is every year). It's simple. For the month of June just make the bin collection day a Monday for Cathays and Roath. It would save a lot of trouble.