Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chris Eagles

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:12 pm

Top quality midfielder and available at the moment, he is out of contract at Burnley.

He looked unbelievably sharp at the CCS last season, Everton were after him but it seems have lost interest, this is exactly the type of player I'd love to see playing for us next season!

Re: Chris Eagles

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:14 pm

i agree, would love him down here. But by the time our new manager arrives most good players will be gone :|

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i agree, would love him down here. But by the time our new manager arrives most good players will be gone :|

Exactly why we need to appoint a manager and get on with it! :evil:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 pm

id snap him right up, quality championship player...top of the top at his best IMO.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:20 pm

agree he is quality,but doesnt he play on the left.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:21 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:agree he is quality,but doesnt he play on the left.

i believe hes plays on the right and makes routledge look shite

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Out of contract ?! I didn't have a clue, and it seems nobody did either - I haven't seen or heard aything on Sky etc. about a club interested in him.

For god's sake he was at Man United a couple of years back ! Get him signed now :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:27 pm

dont think he is out of contract,just signed an extention till 2012.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:40 pm

I got the info here :

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... witterfeed

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:45 pm

i looked it up on the burnley fc website.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
hirwaunbluebird wrote:agree he is quality,but doesnt he play on the left.

i believe hes plays on the right and makes routledge look shite

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Didn't know he was on a free but if he is then I'd love him here. :ayatollah:

On his day he's one of the best players in this division.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:58 pm

We have more chance of getting eddie the eagle,by the time we finally have a manager the only players left will be the 1's that no one wants :evil:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:Didn't know he was on a free but if he is then I'd love him here. :ayatollah:

On his day he's one of the best players in this division.

Agree with you Bluebird1993 :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:33 pm

He would be class down here. You could imagine the "Eagles! Eagles!" chants. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Chris Eagles would be a very very good signing. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 pm

If I were our new manager he'd be near the top of my wish list for definate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:04 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:If I were our new manager he'd be near the top of my wish list for definate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If I were an astronaut I'd fly straight to the moon...oh wait we were naming our dream jobs right? ;)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:19 pm

On his day one of the best players in the Championship. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he come through the Man Utd Academy? :)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 pm

KP1964 wrote:On his day one of the best players in the Championship. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he come through the Man Utd Academy? :)

i think he did KP1964 :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i agree, would love him down here. But by the time our new manager arrives most good players will be gone :|

You're having a laugh....

Most 'out of contract' players are free from July 1st and those 'top' players that command a fee are out of our reach anyway at the moment, so there is no need to panic. We were in amuch worse mess this time last year and we ended the season very disappointed not to have been promoted....

Keep the faith!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: