Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: No Approach and Inadequate Compensation

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:30 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote: i rather it all be over with. it could drag on further :shock: :lol:

to be honest so would i, the whole saga is mindnumbingly annoying.

i reckon if a decent compo offer of 800,000 with some added bonuses depending on his success is made, malky could be on his way. however i would not be too upset, that would be some more good funds and at the end of the day why is selling a manager any different than selling a player. malky was never my first choice and certainly is not every watford fans cup of tea. im sure we would find an equally capable manager to keep us in the championship.

im not sure malky is yet ready or able to guide a team up the division though. you never know we may get a chance to see this lol.

well seeming as watford keep coming out saying there been no contact think it would be bonkers for them to then say ' yes he his on way to cardiff' lol but football is funny old game :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Jay Bothroyd,now theres a hitman for you,or does he get hit man???????????? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:31 pm

i would say so yes, if the board announced a compensation offer had been reached after an approach then the uproar would probably be less. put it this way i cant see you getting agreement to speak to him without the club letting the fans know, the club were very forthright earlier in the year saying that they had rejected burnleys approach for him and to be honest i expect the same kind of release here (whether it be negative or positive thats not for me to postulate).[/quote]

POSTULATE ? Does this mean you think that we go to bed early in Wales and that's why you can't post us late? :lol: :roll:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:32 pm

skybluebird wrote:i would say so yes, if the board announced a compensation offer had been reached after an approach then the uproar would probably be less. put it this way i cant see you getting agreement to speak to him without the club letting the fans know, the club were very forthright earlier in the year saying that they had rejected burnleys approach for him and to be honest i expect the same kind of release here (whether it be negative or positive thats not for me to postulate).

POSTULATE ? Does this mean you think that we go to bed early in Wales and that's why you can't post us late? :lol: :roll:[/quote]

blimey thats terrible :D

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 pm

blimey thats terrible :D[/quote]
Your fault for using big words you TROGLADYTE !! :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Regarding your Stadium..a home does not have to be a Palace it is more important to extend a warm welcome and to be fair when i have visited your 'home' i have always felt that you extend that welcome. A reputation as a safe Family club that welcomes all. Be proud of that.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 pm

skybluebird wrote:Regarding your Stadium..a home does not have to be a Palace it is more important to extend a warm welcome and to be fair when i have visited your 'home' i have always felt that you extend that welcome. A reputation as a safe Family club that welcomes all. Be proud of that.

cheers. i think all in all we are proud of that, but we would all like the atmosphere to improve. towards the latter end of the season a supporters group formed called 'The Yellow Order' (i know cringeworthy name) started towards the back of the home stand. their membership has gone up very quickly and the atmosphere has improved drastically and hopefully it will continue to get better.

im afraid i cant reiterate the sentiments as i've only ever been to one stadium in cardiff, that one was quite nice too though! ;)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:03 pm

out of curiosity someone asked about watfords debt at the moment, estimated 4m with additional 10m to be repaid to previous chairman.

what is cardiffs debt? better or worse?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:08 pm

hornet_fan wrote:out of curiosity someone asked about watfords debt at the moment, estimated 4m with additional 10m to be repaid to previous chairman.

Don't go there. We may have come out equal in terms of our head to heads on the pitch last season....but when it comes to debt we can kick your arses :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:34 pm

skybluebird wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:out of curiosity someone asked about watfords debt at the moment, estimated 4m with additional 10m to be repaid to previous chairman.

Don't go there. We may have come out equal in terms of our head to heads on the pitch last season....but when it comes to debt we can kick your arses :lol:

haha that bad huh? :D

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:35 pm

They have Def spoken to him, interviewed him and Gethin Jenkins has told The Malaysians Mackay is the man for Cardiff City.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:36 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
marcpccfc wrote:I have to say your fans seem to have this idea that him coming to us is a sideways step or we are not good enough for him... not being funny but if i was malky id be walking to cardiff for talks :D

some of our fans are a little bit optimistic with regards to our hopes, but i do agree with them in some aspects. you are in the same division, your squad definitely is not as strong as it was last season, and we are actually in less debt than you and have reached a sustainable wage budget. if we carry on running the way we are now we may well be debt free in 3 years which would be nice.

our summer income has been:
- 3.5m graham
- 1m buckey
- 1.7m when young moves to man utd

not bad really, i expect us to be able to push on this season if (BIG IF) we can find a new hitman up front. i would also argue that we have a better academy than you, but there is no doubting that you are probably going to be challenging for promotion before we will.

Who really knows the truth about MM or any of our targets? CCFC are keeping their hand
pretty well hidden

Your academy we need to aspire too, but we will get there!! As for Cardiff City's huge debt...
Forget about it mate, honestly. Sam Hammam was allegedly 'owed' 24mil, that was bargained
down to 10m and now looks more like itl be a few million and 'f**k off'... The other major
creditor has exchanged debt for shares. With our Billionaire owners we really are looking pretty
good now. Rumours of a 20m budget for players this season (inc wages).. that'll be massive
if it comes to pass!! we're on the up and up mate. Hard to believe i know but we'll be one of the
biggest clubs in the division this season. mad i know!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They have Def spoken to him, interviewed him and Gethin Jenkins has told The Malaysians Mackay is the man for Cardiff City.

if that is the case then the club seem to have picked up on the tapping up. sounds to me like you have been a little bit underhand here.

are you sure you just havnt spoken to him via his agent? malky arrives back from his holiday this evening?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:38 pm

taffyapple wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:
marcpccfc wrote:I have to say your fans seem to have this idea that him coming to us is a sideways step or we are not good enough for him... not being funny but if i was malky id be walking to cardiff for talks :D

some of our fans are a little bit optimistic with regards to our hopes, but i do agree with them in some aspects. you are in the same division, your squad definitely is not as strong as it was last season, and we are actually in less debt than you and have reached a sustainable wage budget. if we carry on running the way we are now we may well be debt free in 3 years which would be nice.

- 3.5m graham
- 1m buckey

not bad really, i expect us to be able to push on this season if (BIG IF) we can find a new hitman up front. i would also argue that we have a better academy than you, but there is no doubting that you are probably going to be challenging for promotion before we will.

Who really knows the truth about MM or any of our targets? CCFC are keeping their hand
pretty well hidden

Your academy we need to aspire too, but we will get there!! As for Cardiff City's huge debt...
Forget about it mate, honestly. Sam Hammam was allegedly 'owed' 24mil, that was bargained
down to 10m and now looks more like itl be a few million and 'f**k off'... The other major
creditor has exchanged debt for shares. With our Billionaire owners we really are looking pretty
good now. Rumours of a 20m budget for players this season (inc wages).. that'll be massive
if it comes to pass!! we're on the up and up mate. Hard to believe i know but we'll be one of the

Yes Remember Dave, A Magic wand was Waved and it ALL WENT AWAY, I will keep All your Posts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:39 pm

taffyapple wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:

- 3.5m graham
- 1m buckey

pretty well hidden

a 20m budget for the championship!!! christ with that you could buy half the teams in the division.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Hornet Fan
a 20m budget for the championship!!! christ with that you could buy half the teams in the division.

We had £16 Mill last Season, Plus Bellamy, Plus £5 Mill put in to pay of Tax ect, Look where it got us.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hornet Fan

We had £16 Mill last Season, Plus Bellamy, Plus £5 Mill put in to pay of Tax ect, Look where it got us.

let try the 2 million hit and hope is it annis........... :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:44 pm

foreverblue out of interest if you are saying that they have definately spoken to him, then has malky been tapped up? watford have repeatedly stated as recently as this afternoon that no official approach has been made?

can we expect to see you in the courts anytime soon?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:45 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Hornet Fan

let try the 2 million hit and hope is it annis........... :lol: :lol:

:lol:

MONEY DOES NOT GUARANTEE SUCCESS, YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE RIGHT FOOTBALL PEOPLE IN CHARGE ect :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:45 pm

hornet_fan wrote:foreverblue out of interest if you are saying that they have definately spoken to him, then has malky been tapped up? watford have repeatedly stated as recently as this afternoon that no official approach has been made?

we been on court far to often lets hope not :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:22 pm

hornet_fan wrote:foreverblue out of interest if you are saying that they have definately spoken to him, then has malky been tapped up? watford have repeatedly stated as recently as this afternoon that no official approach has been made?

:lol: