Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No Approach and Inadequate Compensation

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:30 pm

So there was supposed to be an approach for malky this morning right? Well as of now there has still been no official approach for our manager.

The words from the club however suggest that they believe some sort of tapping up might have been going on. Have you been some naughty bluebirds?

I expect there to be an approach in the next 24 hours or not at all. Question is will the compensation you offer be enough? Anything less than 800,000 and I expect you will be turned down quicker than a hooker in a monastry.

Any more ITK knowledge from here?

Re: No Approach and Inadequate Compensation

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:35 pm

I have to say your fans seem to have this idea that him coming to us is a sideways step or we are not good enough for him... not being funny but if i was malky id be walking to cardiff for talks :D

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:38 pm

I would be amazed if in this day and age no contact had been made. No club would take that risk with fines etc.

Except ours perhaps!!! :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:39 pm

marcpccfc wrote:I have to say your fans seem to have this idea that him coming to us is a sideways step or we are not good enough for him... not being funny but if i was malky id be walking to cardiff for talks :D

some of our fans are a little bit optimistic with regards to our hopes, but i do agree with them in some aspects. you are in the same division, your squad definitely is not as strong as it was last season, and we are actually in less debt than you and have reached a sustainable wage budget. if we carry on running the way we are now we may well be debt free in 3 years which would be nice.

our summer income has been:
- 3.5m graham
- 1m buckey
- 1.7m when young moves to man utd

not bad really, i expect us to be able to push on this season if (BIG IF) we can find a new hitman up front. i would also argue that we have a better academy than you, but there is no doubting that you are probably going to be challenging for promotion before we will.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Though thinking further.... how have we made - no approach AND inadequate compensation??? :oops: :roll: :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:41 pm

griff105 wrote:I would be amazed if in this day and age no contact had been made. No club would take that risk with fines etc.

i dunno. im not sure that our club would lie at the current point in time. they have reiterated their position this afternoon and in the past few weeks since the takeover have been very open with everything including transfers, clauses, exact financial figures. i would be surprised if they lied and said there had been no official contact when in fact there had.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:47 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
griff105 wrote:I would be amazed if in this day and age no contact had been made. No club would take that risk with fines etc.

i dunno. im not sure that our club would lie at the current point in time. they have reiterated their position this afternoon and in the past few weeks since the takeover have been very open with everything including transfers, clauses, exact financial figures. i would be surprised if they lied and said there had been no official contact when in fact there had.

Fair play then. The plot thickens!!! :)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:48 pm

griff105 wrote:Though thinking further.... how have we made - no approach AND inadequate compensation??? :oops: :roll: :lol:

i was just stating that the compo figures being mentioned are less than acceptable.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:52 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
griff105 wrote:Though thinking further.... how have we made - no approach AND inadequate compensation??? :oops: :roll: :lol:

i was just stating that the compo figures being mentioned are less than acceptable.

Sorry mate I was just messing, it looked funnier when i was typing it.
Keep the posts coming cos it is genuinaly interesting to get a Hornet fans view on the developments. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:57 pm

for all we know, ccfc may not even be interested in MM, last week it was hughton & matteo, next week it will be someone else

i dont think GJ & AW would have made the wrong approach i.e tapping up and as hornet fan has stated, watford will want hefty compo for their man.

there is only a few men really itk, and they are not us

the rollercoaster continues

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:58 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
marcpccfc wrote:I have to say your fans seem to have this idea that him coming to us is a sideways step or we are not good enough for him... not being funny but if i was malky id be walking to cardiff for talks :D

some of our fans are a little bit optimistic with regards to our hopes, but i do agree with them in some aspects. you are in the same division, your squad definitely is not as strong as it was last season, and we are actually in less debt than you and have reached a sustainable wage budget. if we carry on running the way we are now we may well be debt free in 3 years which would be nice.

- 3.5m graham
- 1m buckey

not bad really, i expect us to be able to push on this season if (BIG IF) we can find a new hitman up front. i would also argue that we have a better academy than you, but there is no doubting that you are probably going to be challenging for promotion before we will.
. Well you defo need too make some improvements to that shithole of a ground of yours...worst ground I visited last season.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:59 pm

brick1964 wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:

- 3.5m graham
- 1m buckey

. Well you defo need too make some improvements to that shithole of a ground of yours...worst ground I visited last season.

they are re-developing it i think

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:00 pm

we prob end up with mark robins can see it coming everyone thinks it malkay but then it prob be some one totally out of the blue :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:00 pm

an interesting thought has just occurred to me.

in january when burnley were interested in taking malky and malky was supposedly interested he used this as a bargaining chip for a new contract. i do wonder whether maybe malky is using this to try and bargain with our club to increase wage and transfer budget for the new season.

probably just me being a little optimistic, but i wouldn't put it past him. malky is a canny wee man!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:02 pm

hornet_fan wrote:an interesting thought has just occurred to me.

in january when burnley were interested in taking malky and malky was supposedly interested he used this as a bargaining chip for a new contract. i do wonder whether maybe malky is using this to try and bargain with our club to increase wage and transfer budget for the new season.

probably just me being a little optimistic, but i wouldn't put it past him. malky is a canny wee man!

random question how much debt is your club in?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:03 pm

brick1964 wrote: Well you defo need too make some improvements to that shithole of a ground of yours...worst ground I visited last season.

without doubt. it is a shithole, but its our shithole :D

as eighty 8 stated we are actually if the process of getting it sorted. to be fair its only the one stand and the pitch that lets it down. once thats done we will have a nice stadium.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:04 pm

it seems your board are keen on him so using it as a bargaining tool wouldnt surprise me either, like us, youve taken a step backwards regarding the loss of players. did MM have much of a say in this?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:04 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

random question how much debt is your club in?

i think estimates were around 4m at the end of the last season running debt, with 10.8m owed to a former chairman requiring repayments over the next 5 years. not really a bad situation overall, but as we have limited backing it makes it seem a lot worse. im sure there are plenty of clubs with far more debt than us.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:07 pm

eighty_8 wrote:

it seems your board are keen on him so using it as a bargaining tool wouldnt surprise me either, like us, youve taken a step backwards regarding the loss of players. did MM have much of a say in this?

good question eighty_8 bet mm is a little bit angry losing to best players?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:12 pm

if your a young manager, built a good squad on peanuts then your 2 best players get sold (we know that is football)
you would be pissed off, if another side comes in promising you funds to build a new team, and a team that has great facilities, it could be an attraction for any manager in that scenario, surely?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:15 pm

eighty_8 wrote:

if your a young manager, built a good squad on peanuts then your 2 best players get sold (we know that is football)
you would be pissed off, if another side comes in promising you funds to build a new team, and a team that has great facilities, it could be an attraction for any manager in that scenario, surely?

i should imagine show but its also up to watford if they want to let him go? if they say no he have to resign ? its all up in air but i think there will be alot of goings on this week which could make it drag on even further? watford keep putting statements out saying no nothing? but if it does happen fans will go mad :shock:

imagine if we had manager and it happened to us like board saying one thing then doing something opposite following week :shock:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:16 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:

to be honest malky knew 100% that danny was going to go. it was hardly a secret and danny made no secret of the fact he wanted to play in the premier league. malky is most likely to be fine with this transfer so long as he has some money to spend.

with buckley (whom multiple people say was one of our best two players, he certainly was not) i think he was a luxury we could not afford to have. bar a 7 game spell at christmas when he was absolutely devestating, the rest of the season he was absolute dog shite. 1m for him is a good deal. to be honest as well ive heard in the past that malky and buckley did not actually get on that well, malky thought he was lazy and had a bad attitude (same as with sordell). i reckon malky would probably be a ok with this one too.

our chief executive leaving was always going to happen once the takeover was completed, so i dont think that that would have any bearing on the situation.

so long as he is given money to replace the players lost i reckon he would be fine with it.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:18 pm

with buckley (whom multiple people say was one of our best two players, he certainly was not) i think he was a luxury we could not afford to have. bar a 7 game spell at christmas when he was absolutely devestating, the rest of the season he was absolute dog shite. 1m for him is a good deal. to be honest as well ive heard in the past that malky and buckley did not actually get on that well, malky thought he was lazy and had a bad attitude (same as with sordell). i reckon malky would probably be a ok with this one too.

our chief executive leaving was always going to happen once the takeover was completed, so i dont think that that would have any bearing on the situation.

so long as he is given money to replace the players lost i reckon he would be fine with it.[/quote][/quote]

say if board say no sod all happend then say 2moz mm comes to us ? would your fans go mad at the board for lieing?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:20 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:

i should imagine show but its also up to watford if they want to let him go? if they say no he have to resign ? its all up in air but i think there will be alot of goings on this week which could make it drag on even further? watford keep putting statements out saying no nothing? but if it does happen fans will go mad :shock:

imagine if we had manager and it happened to us like board saying one thing then doing something opposite following week :shock:

fair enough, this may not have a bearing then. when its not your own team, its hard to see what is actually going on. interesting regarding buckley, im guessin city fans, myself included, seen him demolish naylor and him having a good game against us down here, made him highly rated.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:21 pm

probably just me being a little optimistic, but i wouldn't put it past him. malky is a canny wee man![/quote]

Seems a bit contradictary on your part. You suggest that he is trying to bargain for a greater transfer budget yet you have had millions in from sales of players and he would surely expect this and a lot more to get your team back to square one?
I suspect that he would be mightily pissed off that not only has he not been allowed to strengthen and improve the team he has lost your best. I suggest this is a reason why he MIGHT be looking to walk away.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:22 pm

bluebirds23 wrote: say if board say no sod all happend then say 2moz mm comes to us ? would your fans go mad at the board for lieing?

i would say so yes, if the board announced a compensation offer had been reached after an approach then the uproar would probably be less. put it this way i cant see you getting agreement to speak to him without the club letting the fans know, the club were very forthright earlier in the year saying that they had rejected burnleys approach for him and to be honest i expect the same kind of release here (whether it be negative or positive thats not for me to postulate).

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:23 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
brick1964 wrote: Well you defo need too make some improvements to that shithole of a ground of yours...worst ground I visited last season.

without doubt. it is a shithole, but its our shithole :D

as eighty 8 stated we are actually if the process of getting it sorted. to be fair its only the one stand and the pitch that lets it down. once thats done we will have a nice stadium.

Try the away stand mate when it's raining cold and foggy, then you'll realise that it would be better to knock it down and start again.....good luck for next season :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:23 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote: say if board say no sod all happend then say 2moz mm comes to us ? would your fans go mad at the board for lieing?

i would say so yes, if the board announced a compensation offer had been reached after an approach then the uproar would probably be less. put it this way i cant see you getting agreement to speak to him without the club letting the fans know, the club were very forthright earlier in the year saying that they had rejected burnleys approach for him and to be honest i expect the same kind of release here (whether it be negative or positive thats not for me to postulate).

i rather it all be over with. it could drag on further :shock: :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:25 pm

skybluebird wrote: Seems a bit contradictary on your part. You suggest that he is trying to bargain for a greater transfer budget yet you have had millions in from sales of players and he would surely expect this and a lot more to get your team back to square one?
I suspect that he would be mightily pissed off that not only has he not been allowed to strengthen and improve the team he has lost your best. I suggest this is a reason why he MIGHT be looking to walk away.

the millions in player sales definitely wont all be converted to transfer funds!!!! this ain't football manager you know. I expect of the 5.5m we will have taken this summer i reckon maybe malky will expect to have 750k towards replacements and the board have stated an increased wage budget of 30%. the key thing for the club at the moment is trying to make ourselves sustainable. apart from the debt we are probably closer than most clubs in the country. i would expect the rest of the money from the sales to be put towards clearing the debt, a new pitch next summer and starting work on the stadium.

once again he has lost graham, but buckley was nothing more than a squad player.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:29 pm

bluebirds23 wrote: i rather it all be over with. it could drag on further :shock: :lol:

to be honest so would i, the whole saga is mindnumbingly annoying.

i reckon if a decent compo offer of 800,000 with some added bonuses depending on his success is made, malky could be on his way. however i would not be too upset, that would be some more good funds and at the end of the day why is selling a manager any different than selling a player. malky was never my first choice and certainly is not every watford fans cup of tea. im sure we would find an equally capable manager to keep us in the championship.

im not sure malky is yet ready or able to guide a team up the division though. you never know we may get a chance to see this lol.