Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not even Sky Sports have got a clue whats going on

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Last few days Sky have been running stories on every significant manager hunt being conducted at the moment, and revealing reports such as: Sky Sources suggest Cotteril to Brum, Mcleish to Villa, McClaren to Forest etc etc.

However I've not seen any report in the last 48 hrs from Sky offering any sort of indication of who is a front runner, or who is being spoken to. The bookies clearly have no clue because the top 5 changes every couple of hours or so. The club of the supposed front runner as per this forum and various other sources i.e. Mackay, state we haven't even requested confirmation that we can speak with him, and the local media continue to thrive off Info provided by Carl and Annis.

Seems just a little strange that theres nothing transparent being derived from the club, other than the usual 'Please be patient' etc etc. I'm hoping that the club are conducting their affairs and their adopted approach/processes to such a professional degree that the watertight nature of all things concerned has meant that very little true info or facts are escaping for the media and everyone else to feed off.

However I suspect, the logistical problems and lack of involvement from the Malaysians in the manager hunt has caused so many obstacles and delays on the way Jenkins and co have got totally tied up in their search, thus impacting on their decisiveness & provoking complete confusion.

I fear the club and the Malaysians are now left attempting to coordinate a positive conclusion out of a bit of a mess, rather like pieceing together a very large jigsaw puzzle - then having to make a decision at the end of it all, subsequent to alot of wasted time and effort in all probability.

I hope I'm wrong but something is certainly true - theres never a dull day at CCS

Re: Not even Sky Sports have got a clue whats going on

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:35 pm

GREAT POST :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:36 pm

good post :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:42 pm

JonScam wrote:Last few days Sky have been running stories on every significant manager hunt being conducted at the moment, and revealing reports such as: Sky Sources suggest Cotteril to Brum, Mcleish to Villa, McClaren to Forest etc etc.

However I've not seen any report in the last 48 hrs from Sky offering any sort of indication of who is a front runner, or who is being spoken to. The bookies clearly have no clue because the top 5 changes every couple of hours or so. The club of the supposed front runner as per this forum and various other sources i.e. Mackay, state we haven't even requested confirmation that we can speak with him, and the local media continue to thrive off Info provided by Carl and Annis.

Seems just a little strange that theres nothing transparent being derived from the club, other than the usual 'Please be patient' etc etc. I'm hoping that the club are conducting their affairs and their adopted approach/processes to such a professional degree that the watertight nature of all things concerned has meant that very little true info or facts are escaping for the media and everyone else to feed off.

However I suspect, the logistical problems and lack of involvement from the Malaysians in the manager hunt has caused so many obstacles and delays on the way Jenkins and co have got totally tied up in their search, thus impacting on their decisiveness & provoking complete confusion.

I fear the club and the Malaysians are now left attempting to coordinate a positive conclusion out of a bit of a mess, rather like pieceing together a very large jigsaw puzzle - then having to make a decision at the end of it all, subsequent to alot of wasted time and effort in all probability.

I hope I'm wrong but something is certainly true - theres never a dull day at CCS

there is another scenario....

that the Club know EXACTLY what they are doing, they know EXACTLY who the new manager
is going to be but are rubber stamping it all before making an announcement. That sooner than
get involved in all the hyperbole and speculation.... they are keeping a dignified silence.

Over the last few weeks.. no news has certainly turned out to be good news!!

Lets hope its the case this time too.

I think by this time tomorrow we'll all be jumping for joy (where's the crossed fingers smiley???) :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:44 pm

taffyapple wrote:
JonScam wrote:Last few days Sky have been running stories on every significant manager hunt being conducted at the moment, and revealing reports such as: Sky Sources suggest Cotteril to Brum, Mcleish to Villa, McClaren to Forest etc etc.

there is another scenario....

that the Club know EXACTLY what they are doing, they know EXACTLY who the new manager
is going to be but are rubber stamping it all before making an announcement. That sooner than
get involved in all the hyperbole and speculation.... they are keeping a dignified silence.

Over the last few weeks.. no news has certainly turned out to be good news!!

Lets hope its the case this time too.

I think by this time tomorrow we'll all be jumping for joy (where's the crossed fingers smiley???) :ayatollah:

taff go get your bat go sort them out :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:47 pm

That's how it goes with the news moving on.

When DJ was sacked Sky probably talked about it for a bit then when no one was appointed within a few days they moved one. Forest and Brum are fresh stories so are of interest especially as Forest have moved quickly. The Villa story is just funny on a day by day basis so stays in the news.

They aren't talking about Chelsea, are they.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:02 pm

good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:04 pm

Nobody bar the club knows whats going on. And I dont think they do either :roll: :roll: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Nobody bar the club knows whats going on. And I dont think they do either :roll: :roll: :ayatollah:

SPOT ON, THEY DONT :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Nobody bar the club knows whats going on. And I dont think they do either :roll: :roll: :ayatollah:

when was the last time this club was actually run properly? before i was born? :roll:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:13 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

when was the last time this club was actually run properly? before i was born? :roll:

And Before Me, 1925-1927 :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

And Before Me, 1925-1927 :lol: :ayatollah:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: christ its stressful supporting city :lol: :ayatollah: