Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TERRY BURTON, WILKINSON,MARGETSON and "

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:33 pm

" TERRY BURTON, WILKINSON,MARGETSON and ALL THE BACK ROOM STAFF " Have not got a clue of what is going on, they Dont even know if their Jobs are Safe. Neil Ardley is in America on Holiday. NO one has Bothered to inform them of anything. They are Desperate to find out if they still have a Job at City Next Season. Come on City, Show Some Professionalism and Sort it out, were not a Division 4 Club any longer.

BUT IT REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE it WILL BE

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49089 But do by the Correct Rules City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " TERRY BURTON, WILKINSON,MARGETSON and "

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:36 pm

The backroom staff will be down to the new manager, im sure he'll evalute them when he's appointed

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:47 pm

I don't think they need to be told anything until it's all sorted.
And agree the staff will be up to the new manager. As long as they are still being paid they can't moan.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:53 pm

how can they tell them anything until a new manager is appointed,
he will need to be consulted

i think theu should of gonewith DJ, Apart from Ardley who cannot be put in same bracket as he wasnt near first team

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" TERRY BURTON, WILKINSON,MARGETSON and ALL THE BACK ROOM STAFF " Have not got a clue of what is going on, they Dont even know if their Jobs are Safe. Neil Ardley is in America on Holiday. NO one has Bothered to inform them of anything. They are Desperate to find out if they still have a Job at City Next Season. Come on City, Show Some Professionalism and Sort it out, were not a Division 4 Club any longer.

BUT IT REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE it WILL BE

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49089 But do by the Correct Rules City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Absolutely no different to any other business when there are big upheavals.
Everyone worries about their jobs. But unless the Club can categorically say
nobody will be let go then they would be wrong to make a statement either
way. Better to be told nothing than to be told a lie

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Agreed clean sweep needed, we need fresh new training systems, i dont think they have done much modern training sessions for a few years, a mate of mine went to watch them train before christmas and he reckons his under fourteens did more set pieces and basic moves, sums up dave jones and terry burton really.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:16 pm

evans above wrote:Agreed clean sweep needed, we need fresh new training systems, i dont think they have done much modern training sessions for a few years, a mate of mine went to watch them train before christmas and he reckons his under fourteens did more set pieces and basic moves, sums up dave jones and terry burton really.

Spot on!!

British Football is falling further and further behind Europe with regards
the fitness/conditioning and skill levels of players.

A new man with modern ideas is whats required and to be fair to Mackay
his teams seem to play with a bit of flair

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:17 pm

They are all very wealthy individuals from thir careers in professional football. It isn't like any of us if we had our jobs threatened. We'd need to know in order to feel secure. They can lose their jobs and still be able to afford a good break while they decide what next. In fact I am sure they are all set for life financially.

I was always unsure of what Wilkinson actually did.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:17 pm

The way it should be, the new manager will decide who he wants to have along side him... We definitely need to lose Margetson though - our standard of goalkeeping the past 5 years has been shocking.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Merlin wrote:The way it should be, the new manager will decide who he wants to have along side him... We definitely need to lose Margetson though - our standard of goalkeeping the past 5 years has been shocking.

Your right there merlin a new goalkeeping coach is a must, but we also need a commanding keeper to go with him

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 pm

evans above wrote:Agreed clean sweep needed, we need fresh new training systems, i dont think they have done much modern training sessions for a few years, a mate of mine went to watch them train before christmas and he reckons his under fourteens did more set pieces and basic moves, sums up dave jones and terry burton really.

So your mate sees a training session and knows the entire city trainig regime????

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Merlin wrote:The way it should be, the new manager will decide who he wants to have along side him... We definitely need to lose Margetson though - our standard of goalkeeping the past 5 years has been shocking.
beyond shocking its been f*cking disgraceful :D

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Margetson has got to go. We have had 15 differant goalkeepers in the last 6 years, just not good enough!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 pm

canton blue wrote:Margetson has got to go. We have had 15 differant goalkeepers in the last 6 years, just not good enough!

I agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:23 pm

It is weird, we sign the keepers, they start off really well.......then margetson turns their hands to blancmange!!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:It is weird, we sign the keepers, they start off really well.......then margetson turns their hands to blancmange!!!

:lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:15 pm

With the exception of Bywater who was shit from the start !

Can't believe someone has questioned what Wilkinson does ? He warms the subs up at half time, in readiness to come on in injury time !

I agree with clean sweep, the lot have to go !

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Surely, it's only fair for the new manager to have a say in who stays and who goes?

Burton, Wilkinson et al know the score, they've all been in business a long time.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 pm

A certain member of the backroom staff will do very well out of a certain managers appointment if it comes around. Promotion perhaps. ;) Pen pals you see, lets wait and see.