Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Di Matteo and CH

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:43 pm

I just cant see how the club can overlook these two free agents ! yes they got promoted with strong teams but I think that because they have been out of the game for a while, these young managers have had time to regroup, and possibly think of new ideas for when they next come back into football, much like holloway did at Blackpool. I just cant understand how the club can overlook these two as our future managers. Personally I think Di Matteo would be a fantastic appointment, his WBA played fantastic football, hardly leaked any goals and signed players from abroad which gives that flair and technical ability that can light up this league, look at Taarabt this is an example of what im on about, and before you say, yes I know he came from Spurs but my main point is there are more talented players out there in other countries other than Scotland and England and Di Matteo likes to look further a field, its so important we get this appointment right, but also as soon as possible.

Thoughts ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Di Matteo and CH

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Agree totally.

Two free agents who would be affordable and should be able to attract good players. Why overlook ?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Dont know them so cant comment, cant just go by past glory's

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:50 pm

True, we cant go on past glorys but these are two men who have won the games we have previously drawn or lost at the likes of the Barnsleys, Coventrys, Watfords of this league when they were in charge they hardly lost those types of games. Unlike DJ when he loses against the likes of Ipswich and the Worzels. These are two men who have done the job. Got promoted. They've experienced how to get promoted, surely that makes them a stronger candidate than someone like MM who hasnt ? :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:54 pm

malky makays barmy army, overlooked our not lets get behind my first choice manager. he`ll get us up

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Hope your right nugent :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Bluebird ! wrote:I just cant see how the club can overlook these two free agents ! yes they got promoted with strong teams but I think that because they have been out of the game for a while, these young managers have had time to regroup, and possibly think of new ideas for when they next come back into football, much like holloway did at Blackpool. I just cant understand how the club can overlook these two as our future managers. Personally I think Di Matteo would be a fantastic appointment, his WBA played fantastic football, hardly leaked any goals and signed players from abroad which gives that flair and technical ability that can light up this league, look at Taarabt this is an example of what im on about, and before you say, yes I know he came from Spurs but my main point is there are more talented players out there in other countries other than Scotland and England and Di Matteo likes to look further a field, its so important we get this appointment right, but also as soon as possible.

How do we know they have been overlooked??

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Hughton please. :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Maybe we can't afford their wages, or are not prepared to pay them what they want. Maybe they are not happy with our budget? We don't really know what's gone on over the last week or two.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Bluebird ! wrote:I just cant see how the club can overlook these two free agents ! yes they got promoted with strong teams but I think that because they have been out of the game for a while, these young managers have had time to regroup, and possibly think of new ideas for when they next come back into football, much like holloway did at Blackpool. I just cant understand how the club can overlook these two as our future managers. Personally I think Di Matteo would be a fantastic appointment, his WBA played fantastic football, hardly leaked any goals and signed players from abroad which gives that flair and technical ability that can light up this league, look at Taarabt this is an example of what im on about, and before you say, yes I know he came from Spurs but my main point is there are more talented players out there in other countries other than Scotland and England and Di Matteo likes to look further a field, its so important we get this appointment right, but also as soon as possible.

I am Shocked and Stunned by the Club to not bother to put their names forward to VT/TG, Maybe there is an underlining agenda as some say on here, who knows.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:13 pm

honestly think Di Matteo would have taken us up with the said budget, but if it is Macky we MUST BACK HIM ALL THE WAY

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:08 pm

This is absolutely doing my head in its getting to a point where its laughable.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:51 pm

taffyapple wrote:

How do we know they have been overlooked??

My very same thoughts, the club are keeping very quiet over this appointment and a few names have been bandied about on this MB, but it's all rumours, no statement from the club regarding who the new guy may be, so who knows who's been overlooked and who hasn't??