Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rumours going around Billy Davis is next manager

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:16 am

Very strong rumours from CCS that Billy davis could be named manager - I never write bull but this has come from someone within CCS in last twenty minutes - shoot me down but only reporting :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Rumours going around Billy Davis is next manager

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 am

id be happy with that,
a classic case of brendon rogers getting sacked by reading and then promoting swansea..

could davies do the same with us? :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:24 am

Passionate guy who knows !

He is like marmite though - think we wud end up loving him

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:25 am

Please no :shock:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:25 am

Nooooooooo. Davies would be a nightmare. I know Preston & Forest fans who hated the little moaning git.
He was like DJ in many ways. He built teams using expensive loans, never making a team spirit and then failing, complaining and blaming everyone else along the way.
He would not do well at City, he would be very unpopular, very quickly.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 am

I am starting to get very bored with this manager sh***e, can't they just put the names in the hat and pick one before they are all taken by other clubs.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:40 am

I would welcome Billy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 am

More time is needed, more interviews taking place after yesterdays manager merry go round. make of that what you like :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:51 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I would welcome Billy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wouldn't. Another Dave Jones. Look at his recent record and it will show exactly that. So he shouts a lot and Dave Jones doesn't. So what?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:59 am

milly44 wrote:More time is needed, more interviews taking place after yesterdays manager merry go round. make of that what you like :ayatollah:

If I was Mackay at this stage I would tell jenkins to get lost as he obviously was their man but jenkins has since stalled due to yesterdays drama..It just goes to show that Jenkins & co are not convinced by the applicants that we have already had. Jedward would have picked a manager by now and they are a pair of plums!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:01 pm

wdb2721 wrote:
milly44 wrote:More time is needed, more interviews taking place after yesterdays manager merry go round. make of that what you like :ayatollah:

If I was Mackay at this stage I would tell jenkins to get lost as he obviously was their man but jenkins has since stalled due to yesterdays drama..It just goes to show that Jenkins & co are not convinced by the applicants that we have already had. Jedward would have picked a manager by now and they are a pair of plums!

just been told there is absulutly NO TRUTH in the rumours about billy davies. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:05 pm

We just got rid of one manager who failed in play offs for the last 2 years, why get in in a poison dwarf to do the same

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:19 pm

SSN/Talk Sport, etc. there were a lot of Forest fans not happy that Davies was sacked. There appeared to be a lot of support for him.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:24 pm

milly44 wrote:
wdb2721 wrote:

just been told there is absulutly NO TRUTH in the rumours about billy davies. :ayatollah:

Thank the Lord :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:30 pm

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26053

See link for even more comparisons with Jones.
He is like Jones, not only in his record, ability to moan, nothing to ever be his fault and to never get his players playing "for" him, no team spirit, always focused on how great the manager is rather than how well the team is doing etc etc
Only difference us that BJ shouts more than DJ.

No thanks !

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:44 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage

Consider yourself well and truly shot down Sheriff :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Motherwell Davies went on to player-coach and then manage Motherwell, helping them first avoid relegation with few games remaining in his first season in charge, In the next season he took them to the brink of European Football. The subsequent season was less successful, due mainly to the clubs financial situation, the club sold nine first-team players in the off-season, and Davies was sacked after poor form saw Motherwell gain just 3 points from seven matches at the start of the

notice an simularities ??

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:06 pm

He is very much like DJ, how he failed to take Forest up with the players they had I will never know.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:49 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Very strong rumours from CCS that Billy davis could be named manager - I never write bull but this has come from someone within CCS in last twenty minutes - shoot me down but only reporting :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gethin Jenkins will never give Billy Davies a chance, just like Chris Hughton and Dio Matteo, they really wanted the job, Jenkins would not even put their names forward :roll:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Very strong rumours from CCS that Billy davis could be named manager - I never write bull but this has come from someone within CCS in last twenty minutes - shoot me down but only reporting :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gethin Jenkins will never give Billy Davies a chance, just like Chris Hughton and Dio Matteo, they really wanted the job, Jenkins would not even put their names forward :roll:

Why is that?

Is it all down to the money?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:51 pm

glammy74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Why is that?

Because he is to Big name for Jenkins to control and of course the MONEY.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

Why cant jenkins control a big name then?

If he's our chief exc.. he should be able to handle any manager :lol:

:ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:17 pm

glammy74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

Why cant jenkins control a big name then?

If he's our chief exc.. he should be able to handle any manager :lol:

:ayatollah:

Is he our Chief ? No no no i am no1 Chief !! Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Not sure if yesterdays merry go round changed opinion - no compensation - he has been sounded out - that i know

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

so did chris hughton and di matteo have a interview ?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:49 pm

everyday-im-shuffling wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

so did chris hughton and di matteo have a interview ?

YES 100% DEF, but with Jenkins and Whitley

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 pm

so did chris hughton and di matteo have a interview ?[/quote]

YES 100% DEF, but with Jenkins and Whitley[/quote]

I hope personality clashes don't come into the equasion and the man eventually chosen gets the job on merit not cos Gethin Jenkins does or doesn't like his personality/attitude. :x

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:10 pm

milly44 wrote:
wdb2721 wrote:

Hope so, cos he's a complete cock.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:14 pm

Midfield general wrote:Davies is the man for CCFC anything else now would be a disappointment.

Billy Davies would be a major disappointment.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:51 pm

A huge big no no for boring billy.God no :(