Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE BOARDROOM

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:04 am

It seems that over the last year or two the guys in the boardroom have recieved a considerable amount of flack. Personally I think they are all doing a decent job and without them we may not have a football club. I definitely agree that we need a Director of Football type figure as the majority of the board have little football experience but at the same time I
dont feel that any of our directors are dead wood. For instance:

Steve Borley - Self made millionaire who has saved the club on countless occassions and is a die heard fan.

Paul Guy/Mike Hall - Self made millionaires who have also pumped in millions of pounds to keep the club afloat.

Mike Issaac - Very successful property investor who has helped to pay the wages out of his own pocket at times.

The Malaysians - Self made billionaires without whom we probably would have gone into administration and may not have a football club.

Alan Whitely - Regarded as one of the best lawyers in Cardiff who also set up his own firm.

Gethin Jenkins - Proved his worth at the Dragons and whilst it is still early days he has yet to put a foot wrong.

All in all we have some highly capable businessmen on our board who are certainly not mugs. Yes we all want success yesterday and are impatient but we are in good hands and these people are working around the clock to give us the success we crave. Lets give them our support!

Re: THE BOARDROOM

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 am

Well Said James :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 am

I suppose we as fans will never know financially just how much damage Ridsdale did to the Club ??

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:33 am

Spot on, jimbo. People forget just how tricky the situation was last summer. I was the first to complain about an egg-chaser being made CE, but Gethin has played a blinder so far. Steady work, nothing flash. :ayatollah: