Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Forest/Birmingham No Messing Around?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:52 am

Forest presumably had McClaren lined up for their job but appointed within 18 hours. McLeish left Birmingham yesterday afternoon and they have already identified their target, Steve Cotterill. It makes our appointment look like a soap opera. There was no doubt that DJ was likely to leave the club after the Reading defeat on 17th May, it is now nearly 4 weeks later.

When will we see a manager to re build 10/11 players and gel a team ready for the first match? People say don't panic, etc, and I agree that we need to appoint the right person but each day that passes will put more pressure on the new manager to bring in the faces and getting them playing as a team. :ayatollah:

Re: Forest/Birmingham No Messing Around?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:55 am

Would you want either of those as our manager?
No? Be patient then... just like the rest of us.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:57 am

It's all down to preference, some City fans probably would have wanted McClaren looking at recent polls on the forum.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:06 am

Do you honestly think Forest only approached McLaren and got it all worked out in such a short space of time, or they had discussions before and he said, "I'm holding out for a Premier League job but if they fall through then I'd love to go to Forest."

As soon ashe gets back to them to say he's available they punt Forest out the door and get McLaren in.