Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why is it a "farce, joke, they dont know what their doing?"

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Dave Jones was relieved from his duties two weeks ago tomorow.

If we get an appointment Monday or Tuesday then it will mean Cardiff City Football Club took
2 weeks to advertise, interview, ponder over and appoint a new man to hopefuly take the club on for the next 2-3 years at least.

2 weeks ffs, what is wrong about that?

Anceloti left Chelsea on May 22nd and they havnt appointed anyone yet
Houlier left Villa on June 1st and they havnt appointed anyone either.

It took the Jacks 12 days from Sousa leaving to appointing Rogers.

Why are people getting so hysterical over the time its taking and saying they dont know what their doing.

Your doing all this on rumour, in the past 2 weeks, about 8 different people have supposedly been favourite at some point through various rumours yet the club have remained consistent in their information all throughout.

I cant see the problem.

Re: Why is it a "farce, joke, they dont know what their doing?"

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:10 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Dave Jones was relieved from his duties two weeks ago tomorow.

If we get an appointment Monday or Tuesday then it will mean Cardiff City Football Club took
2 weeks to advertise, interview, ponder over and appoint a new man to hopefuly take the club on for the next 2-3 years at least.

Why are people getting so hysterical over the time its taking and saying they dont know what their doing.

Your doing all this on rumour, in the past 2 weeks, about 8 different people have supposedly been favourite at some point through various rumours yet the club have remained consistent in their information all throughout.

I cant see the problem.

you speak a lot of sense mate! The problem is that some people want a.former chairman involved with the club again so will.actively pursue any avenue possible to try and discredit the current management board of the.club.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:13 pm

There is no problem.

The problem is people constantly chipping at the Malaysians.

If I was in VT's position I would seriously be questioning the initial decision to invest in this club.

Some people have short memories as about a year ago they saved this club from going to the wall !

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:17 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Dave Jones was relieved from his duties two weeks ago tomorow.

I cant see the problem.

Ex-fecking-actly!

Speculation on speculation.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Midfield general wrote:Its 4 weeks in fact as they took 2 weeks to sack Jones when he should have been shown the door straight away. You mentioned Villa, well Villa had to wait on a health report before they could left GH go and in fact Jones was sacked BEFORE GH!!!!

They wasted 2 weeks to kick Jones out when at that time they could have used the further two weeks they took to interview the candidates. Absolute Farce!!!!

Not to sure what the comment of 'in fact Jones was sacked BEFORE GH!!!!' is all about to be honest as Im fully aware of that, its in my post.

Regardless of the situation of Houliers Health situation the fact is that Aston Villa have been seeking a new Manager for 1 day less than Cardiff City and they havnt appointed a new manager yet either, compredo?

As for wasting 2 weeks to kick Jones out, well that is your opinion isnt it. For what its worth I agree, but others would argue that they did the right thing in letting the dust settle before making a rash decision.

The facts are that they have been looking for a new manager for 2 weeks, and that is not a long time. Give them a break.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Its at the point now where the club isnt the farce, its some of our so called "fans" who think they know everything about running a football club, appointing management! Its getting f*cking pathetic this ridiculous agenda against GJ. Some of you need to take a long hard look in the mirror, in fact dont bother, ill tell you....f*cking sheep! Its starting to look like some you will do/say anything to get a pat on the head from Annis.....get ur own minds and grow up

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:27 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Its at the point now where the club isnt the farce, its some of our so called "fans" who think they know everything about running a football club, appointing management! Its getting f*cking pathetic this ridiculous agenda against GJ. Some of you need to take a long hard look in the mirror, in fact dont bother, ill tell you....f*cking sheep! Its starting to look like some you will do/say anything to get a pat on the head from Annis.....get ur own minds and grow up

Spot on!!!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:27 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Its at the point now where the club isnt the farce, its some of our so called "fans" who think they know everything about running a football club, appointing management! Its getting f*cking pathetic this ridiculous agenda against GJ. Some of you need to take a long hard look in the mirror, in fact dont bother, ill tell you....f*cking sheep! Its starting to look like some you will do/say anything to get a pat on the head from Annis.....get ur own minds and grow up

Spot on!!!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

Spot on!!!

Take a bow that man!!!

People will snipe at the club at every single opportunity... but if the club done it the wrong way, they'd complain even more! Sit back and relax!! It'll do you some good once in a while! Let the club officials do their jobs, while we support the club we love! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:18 am

Midfield general wrote:Its 4 weeks in fact as they took 2 weeks to sack Jones when he should have been shown the door straight away. You mentioned Villa, well Villa had to wait on a health report before they could left GH go and in fact Jones was sacked BEFORE GH!!!!

They wasted 2 weeks to kick Jones out when at that time they could have used the further two weeks they took to interview the candidates. Absolute Farce!!!!

The farce, and the joke here is your post really, sorry!!

Jones was a dead man walking after the Reading defeat.

Why should he have been shown the door right away? He knew he was gone, they
knew he was gone? Its part of their culture not to rush things when there is no
need, and we now know that during that time they were busy with more important
issues. i.e. sorting out the Club debt... it now seems Langstone and Sam are
no longer a threat to this Club financially, The Malaysians have got him tied in knots,
and PMG have suddenly given up a huge chunk of money in exchange for shares. It now
ALSO appears that the new manager may be given a budget of £20 million for the
playing staff. So they have dragged their feet a little, I dont blame them, £20m is a
massive budget for this division, lets get the appointment right eh?.. what players have
we missed out on? Hardly anyone are signing new faces yet, lots of footballers are
away on their summer hols. It needs t o be sorted sooner rather than later admittedly.
But by all accounts we'll know who the new man is in the next day or so???

Further.

you believe its 'a farce, a joke, they dont know what their doing'

I'm just wondering what your job is, or do you run your own business?

Because im pretty sure your not a multi-billionaire feller, Vincent Tan is, and TG is
worth millions in his own right. I'm pretty sure they'd be tittering slightly knowing
a bloke on a messageboard is intimating that they are idiots.

Dave Jones is sacked
Langstone are running for cover with forensic accountants up their arses
PMG are now 'in the fold'... strange one this, but i bet 100% it benefits Cardiff City
The club debt is no longer a problem
The new manager is to be given £20m as a budget
The new manager is to be chosen from top names such as Hughton, Di Matteo, Malky Mackay

Yeh, the Clubs in a right old mess :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:35 am

Finally!!!! People making sense!! Alot of our support are bloody miserable, always bitching about something or another.

Glad there are a few positive thinking people out there.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:41 am

I cant see the problem.

Agreed and how long did it take Forest to change managers, he was gone after the Swansea game, they were just waiting until McClaren was sown up and then announced it, so it's taken them just as long to appoint the Wally with the Brolly :o

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:32 am

It's my own opinion that I think the club are taking too long to appoint a new manager. I'm not influenced by anyone else telling me what to think. The reason I think they're taking too long is simple; clubs in our division are already signing players or in talks to sign players. Without a manager in place, we can't sign any players or make any plans to. No-one is going to come here, or plan to, without a manager. Jones should have been sacked within a week of the play off defeat at the very latest and we should have been looking for a new manager then. This reviewing the season rhetoric to me was just nonsense. What exactly were they going to review? The fact that we had probably the most talented squad in the league yet fell at the last hurdle yet again when we should have gone up automatically? You don't need to take 2 weeks, or however long it was, to review that. The fact that Villa, Chelsea or whoever, haven't appointed anyone yet doesn't make it right. Why compare us to them? We should be compared to clubs in our division, the ones making plans for next season that we are unable to make yet.

And just because I hold this opinion doesn't make me anti-Gethin Jenkins or anyone else at the club, it just makes me a little worried about the way the board seem to be dragging their feet. And I don't want a pat on the head from anyone for that

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:42 am

Nottage, if you want to compare us to another team in the division, have a look at Barnsley.

Robins resigned on the 12th May and they appointed Keith Hill from Rochdale on 1st June. Just under 3 weeks
Dave Jones left 2 weeks ago today. If we get an appointment this week its the same timescale which would suggest we are comparible with other clubs in the division in finding a new manager.

I understand your frustrations, I realy do, but I dont think it was as simple as sacking Dave Jones after the Reading Game, clearly it took time to have a look at things and agree the way in which he was going to leave the ridiculous contract he was under. The club couldnt have possibly made any early prepeations as nobody knew untill the day after the Reading whether or not we were going to be at Wembley and maye PL or Championship.

The concern over missing out on players etc is valid, but I wouldnt worry just yet mate, early days.. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:51 am

Millar, I do understand what you are saying, but I still don't agree. Like I said, appointing managers late doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do. Who's to say that Barnsley appointing their manager after all this time isn't going to come back and bite them on the arse? It may not do, but none of us have a crystal ball and I just hope we are doing the right thing.

However, I would like to add that I see nothing wrong in Gethin Jenkins and Whiteley being the people who choose the new manager. If people say that "real football people" should be part of that process, I would strongly disagree with that. Some of these people have agendas of their own and would probably recommend the mates they have within the game, and that's not right. This is also the reason why Peter Ridsdale keeps rearing his ugly head in the game all the time, because Peter Reid is his mate and recommended him to Plymouth, despite his appalling record at financial management

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 am

I cant see the problem.

the diffrence is anceloti left chelsea and there was 36 squad members houlier left villa for health reasons and theres 34 squad members now JONES left us and we have 9 squad members and i would only keep 3-4 of them for next year if i was the NEW manager PLUS we have 17 days left untill PRE-SEASON all the good frees will be gone and signed or pre-signed with other clubs :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:19 am

I agree! I'm glad they are taking their time, bringing the first manager they could would be desperate. We haven't lost out to anyone in the transfer market players are still on holiday or not making decisions yet only a couple of free's been snapped up and not ones we would have been interested in. Appointment this week would be ideal and well done by the club.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:26 am

Nottage Blue wrote:It's my own opinion that I think the club are taking too long to appoint a new manager. I'm not influenced by anyone else telling me what to think. The reason I think they're taking too long is simple; clubs in our division are already signing players or in talks to sign players. Without a manager in place, we can't sign any players or make any plans to. No-one is going to come here, or plan to, without a manager. Jones should have been sacked within a week of the play off defeat at the very latest and we should have been looking for a new manager then. This reviewing the season rhetoric to me was just nonsense. What exactly were they going to review? The fact that we had probably the most talented squad in the league yet fell at the last hurdle yet again when we should have gone up automatically? You don't need to take 2 weeks, or however long it was, to review that. The fact that Villa, Chelsea or whoever, haven't appointed anyone yet doesn't make it right. Why compare us to them? We should be compared to clubs in our division, the ones making plans for next season that we are unable to make yet.

And just because I hold this opinion doesn't make me anti-Gethin Jenkins or anyone else at the club, it just makes me a little worried about the way the board seem to be dragging their feet. And I don't want a pat on the head from anyone for that

A fair balanced view, not clouded by some paranoia that the club are clueless etc.

Mine is that we certainly do need this new manager within the next few days. He has a lot to
do. He has to meet all the current staff AND bring in quite a few more. If he isnt here in the
next few days then I think it can be considered a cock-up. But if he is.. he still has the best part
of two months to put his squad together. He may well have already been interviewed and have
a few players that have said "come and get me".. we just dont know. But Dave Jones didnt
start putting last seasons squad together til about three weeks before the season started. We
never even had a full squad for friendlies. So be concerned, but dont worry, I think we're in
safe hands!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:44 am

bluebird1977 wrote:

I cant see the problem.

the diffrence is anceloti left chelsea and there was 36 squad members houlier left villa for health reasons and theres 34 squad members now JONES left us and we have 9 squad members and i would only keep 3-4 of them for next year if i was the NEW manager PLUS we have 17 days left untill PRE-SEASON all the good frees will be gone and signed or pre-signed with other clubs :lol: :ayatollah:

In my opinion whether or not Houlier left Villa for Health reasons is irrelevant, the fact is Villa have been without a maneger for one day less than Cardiff yet their fans are not hysterical like SOME of ours.

We dont have 9 Squad players either, we have 17 including 2 decent goalkeepers for this level.

The defence is also fine in my opinion, Gypes and Gerrard will be like 2 new signings.

4 signings and 2 loans, 3 midfielders and 3 strikers of quality and we will be fine.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:46 am

taffyapple wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:It's my own opinion that I think the club are taking too long to appoint a new manager. I'm not influenced by anyone else telling me what to think. The reason I think they're taking too long is simple; clubs in our division are already signing players or in talks to sign players. Without a manager in place, we can't sign any players or make any plans to. No-one is going to come here, or plan to, without a manager. Jones should have been sacked within a week of the play off defeat at the very latest and we should have been looking for a new manager then. This reviewing the season rhetoric to me was just nonsense. What exactly were they going to review? The fact that we had probably the most talented squad in the league yet fell at the last hurdle yet again when we should have gone up automatically? You don't need to take 2 weeks, or however long it was, to review that. The fact that Villa, Chelsea or whoever, haven't appointed anyone yet doesn't make it right. Why compare us to them? We should be compared to clubs in our division, the ones making plans for next season that we are unable to make yet.

A fair balanced view, not clouded by some paranoia that the club are clueless etc.

Mine is that we certainly do need this new manager within the next few days. He has a lot to
do. He has to meet all the current staff AND bring in quite a few more. If he isnt here in the
next few days then I think it can be considered a cock-up. But if he is.. he still has the best part
of two months to put his squad together. He may well have already been interviewed and have
a few players that have said "come and get me".. we just dont know. But Dave Jones didnt
start putting last seasons squad together til about three weeks before the season started. We
never even had a full squad for friendlies. So be concerned, but dont worry, I think we're in
safe hands!!

We do need someone in this week, we are coming to the most important time of any season, but hopeflly by taking our time we will have the right man for the job :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:53 am

Some sense at last :thumbup:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:15 am

ridofrid wrote:There is no problem.

The problem is people constantly chipping at the Malaysians.

If I was in VT's position I would seriously be questioning the initial decision to invest in this club.

Some people have short memories as about a year ago they saved this club from going to the wall !

If I was VT i'd be pissing my pants laughing at some of the posts suggesting he
doesnt know what he's doing etc.

He's the billionaire, none of us are!

And all those slagging the board off... how many of YOU have run a football club?? :lol: :lol:

Do you really envisage a scenario up in that boardroom hours after the Reading debacle
where Jenkins is going to say to Tan..

"Listen Vinnie, we need to sack Dave Jones tonight, and get another manager in by next
week or the fans are going to think we're a right bunch of cowboys!"

"Are there any decent managers about?"

"Yep, one or two like!"

"Well grab hold of the first one that will accept less money than old misery guts!"

"Erm, but Boss... do you mean literally ANYONE?"

"f**k aye Gethin San, we need to move fast, i hear Mike Tyson has been released
by Forest!"

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:24 am

PhatFrog wrote:Finally!!!! People making sense!! Alot of our support are bloody miserable, always bitching about something or another.

It's ironic isn't it PhatFrog, that the posters who are constantly accusing others of sniping are the ones who spend most time posting negative, undermining shit about all and sundry at the club.

One week we have to pick on PMG, the next it's Gethin Jenkins, the next it's 'the Malaysians.'

The constant undermining of players, management, administrators has got to stop. Negativity spreads like wild fire and we seem to have more than our fair share of negs.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:26 am

we have moved on leaps and bounds, but to be classed in the same content as Chelsea is farcical

im sure cheslea will not have and i quote from other posts "a 20million war chest" to worry about or even think about looking in the free ad's for a player
they will have the quoted money available if needed just to bring one player in, and will be looking at the cream of europe for their first team not cast-offs.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 am

alfie sherwood wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:Finally!!!! People making sense!! Alot of our support are bloody miserable, always bitching about something or another.

It's ironic isn't it PhatFrog, that the posters who are constantly accusing others of sniping are the ones who spend most time posting negative, undermining shit about all and sundry at the club.

One week we have to pick on PMG, the next it's Gethin Jenkins, the next it's 'the Malaysians.'

The constant undermining of players, management, administrators has got to stop. Negativity spreads like wild fire and we seem to have more than our fair share of negs.

I agree, but not everyone can be expected to agree with everything the board or the players are doing all of the time. I think that, if you're going to disagree, it should be done in a balanced way rather than just saying "I think what they're doing is shit". If you can't explain your opinion rationally, don't post it at all

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:48 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:

I agree, but not everyone can be expected to agree with everything the board or the players are doing all of the time. I think that, if you're going to disagree, it should be done in a balanced way rather than just saying "I think what they're doing is shit". If you can't explain your opinion rationally, don't post it at all

Too many people seem to forget whats happened these last few weeks.

Carl wrote a post on how disappointed he was that Jones hadnt gone, and how he was a bit
fed up cos the Langstone business and the debt was still huge, and that the Malaysians
needed to make a positive statement regarding Cardiff City FC. 24 hours later... Jones was
gone, Langstone appeared to be cornered and PMG were back in the fold. Carl was perfectly
entitled to speak his mind, and may of his points were valid, many agreed with everything
he said. I agreed with some of it too, but we were all wrong, perhaps we should have all had
a bit more faith

My point is.

So many of us are getting wound up AGAIN over this manager saga, and AGAIN that the Club
appear to be 'dragging their feet' over it all.

If (when) a manager is announced in the next day or so, and in a few weeks when we are all
getting excited over the new exciting squad being built, lots of people are going to be left with
egg on their faces when there is no need, all thats required is a little bit of patience folks!!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:20 pm

If they'd have rushed someone in the next day then people would have moaned that they have no plan and they dont know what they are doing.. They took their time for a reason and whatever it is doesnt matter much as we will have a new manager..

The bigger picture is that they have saved us from ruin, they are fixing the finances and turning our club around. I have nothing to complain about personally. We are starting over new with new people, no point moaning all the time about this and that.
Looking forward to the new season