Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Mackay must have some plan.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:27 pm

We all thought Cardiff were going to take the squeaky clean easy option of Chris Hughton. A manager with no strings attached on reasonable wages. Chris has an impeccable record as a number 2 and promoted a strong Newcastle team first attempt.

Supposedly second choice was Roberto Di Matteo. A manager who plays attractive football and promoted a strong WBA team first attempt.

So how did Malky Mackay jump above these 2 candidates. His track record is not as good. There will be compo to pay, this option will be a more costly option and messy.

MM must have a stratogy and he must have named players he intends to bring to the club. I for one are warming to ths potential appointment big time. Malky do the :ayatollah: .

Re: Malky Mackay must have some plan.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:54 pm

His name has stood out from the start for me. Don't know why, but I feel we might be on to a winner here. Not sure if it's because he's a young manager who's done well under zero budget at a club that's normally tipped to struggle in this league, who knows. But something tells me he'd be a good appointment !

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:57 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:His name has stood out from the start for me. Don't know why, but I feel we might be on to a winner here. Not sure if it's because he's a young manager who's done well under zero budget at a club that's normally tipped to struggle in this league, who knows. But something tells me he'd be a good appointment !

I have the same feel good factor about Malky.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Midfield general wrote:All of Watfords better players are being released so we are too late for them.

I don't really see a stand-out player there to be honest. Only some of the younger players perhaps - Sordell particularly.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:12 am

watford played very well last season :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:44 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:His name has stood out from the start for me. Don't know why, but I feel we might be on to a winner here. Not sure if it's because he's a young manager who's done well under zero budget at a club that's normally tipped to struggle in this league, who knows. But something tells me he'd be a good appointment !

I agree with you and Magners, my first choice was O'Neil then Hughton or Di Matteo. However, the last few days I have been really warming to the idea of Malk Mackay becoming our new manager. I just don't know why at the moment I think Mackay is the best option for us, but there is something about him which I feel that he will fit in perfectly at our club, and i feel that he will become a future legend at the club, and with fans. He is a passionate, no-nonsense, straight down the middle, kind of guy, and I really do feel that he can take us to the Premier League and become one of Cardiff's greatest & most popular managers we have ever had here.

Hopefully, either today or tomorrow he will be announced as the new manager, and if he is, I would like to welcome him here and wish him the very best of luck.

Bloooooooooooooooooobirds.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:27 am

I suppose the Club have to strike a balance between paying a new manager
a huge wage and having less for players. Or paying a new manager less and
having more for players but perhaps taking a bit more of a risk on the feller!!

They have seen where paying nearly £1m a year to Jones has got us!!!

There is definitely something about the way Watford played football last season
that was refreshing and exciting, and all done on a shoestring budget.

I'm sure that somewhere down the line the Club are now looking to totally revamp
the Youth set-up. Watfords is superb. Cardiffs can be just as good if run correctly!

"I believe the children are our future!!"..... Didnt Michael Jackson say that?? :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:33 am

taffyapple wrote:I suppose the Club have to strike a balance between paying a new manager

I'm sure that somewhere down the line the Club are now looking to totally revamp
the Youth set-up. Watfords is superb. Cardiffs can be just as good if run correctly!

"I believe the children are our future!!"..... Didnt Michael Jackson say that?? :ayatollah:

haha taff you make me laugh ai :ayatollah:

watford did play good football to be fair. i think IF WE DO GET HIM. he mite flourish with a bit of money...... is a risk but isn't any manager coming in to a new job....

lets see what this week brings :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:43 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:I suppose the Club have to strike a balance between paying a new manager

haha taff you make me laugh ai :ayatollah:

watford did play good football to be fair. i think IF WE DO GET HIM. he mite flourish with a bit of money...... is a risk but isn't any manager coming in to a new job....

lets see what this week brings :lol:

Exactly mate. Hughton always seemed the safest bet. But again, he had millions
of ££ worth of talent at his disposal in Newcastle so who knows