Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JENKINS PUTTING MCKAYS NAME FORWARD IS....

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:10 pm

................Like Alex Fergerson recommending someone for the welsh rugby job...

this is ridiculous..how can gethin and whitley put a name forward? they havent got a clue...no statement of intent from city..lets not forget watford had the top scorer in the league and STILL FINISHED 14TH....????

Something wrong somewhere...

Re: JENKINS PUTTING MCKAYS NAME FORWARD IS....

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:11 pm

ccfcdor wrote:................Like Alex Fergerson recommending someone for the welsh rugby job...

this is ridiculous..how can gethin and whitley put a name forward? they havent got a clue...no statement of intent from city..lets not forget watford had the top scorer in the league and STILL FINISHED 14TH....????

I'm with you on this, but some people believe I cant comment on them two, But I am a Fan,pay my money and as a Fan, I dont believe they are the right people to chose OUR NEW MANAGER.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcdor wrote:................Like Alex Fergerson recommending someone for the welsh rugby job...

I'm with you on this, but some people believe I cant comment on them two, But I am a Fan,pay my money and as a Fan, I dont believe they are the right people to chose OUR NEW MANAGER.

Who else is there tho????

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:19 pm

piroteczz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Who else is there tho????

bellamy...

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Just as crazy as everyone on here thinking they know best.
Whitley has been a big fans for a long Long time. As for GJ I have no idea but he should be a good professional and looking or the type of Person TG and VT want.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Just as crazy as everyone on here thinking they know best.
Whitley has been a big fans for a long Long time. As for GJ I have no idea but he should be a good professional and looking or the type of Person TG and VT want.

Luke, One Season in Football, Sorry but not good enough in my opinion to choose our new manager.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Just as crazy as everyone on here thinking they know best.

Luke, One Season in Football, Sorry but not good enough in my opinion to choose our new manager.

plus he was involved with the egg :shock:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Len Shackleton “ex England international 1940s/50s” was the first footballer to publish his autobiography. It included a chapter famously titled 'The Average Director's Knowledge of Football' that consisted of a Single Blank page. :old:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Yeah but how many rich owners choose managers with no football interest?
I agree it's farcical but Whiley is a fan and footie person.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Was told the GJ was involved in football before working with the rugby? Is this not the case?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:49 pm

I don't really understand - Why is it bad that our Chairman and one of the board members are putting his name forward? Surely they should be looking after the interests of the club, and are doing so by looking for managers? :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:50 pm

shaky wrote:Was told the GJ was involved in football before working with the rugby? Is this not the case?

He's been interested in Cardiff City for a long time as a fan. He was involved professionally with a rugby club. Unfortunately because of the later he is continuously shot down.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:52 pm

shaky wrote:Was told the GJ was involved in football before working with the rugby? Is this not the case?

DEF not the case.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Dafydd wrote:I don't really understand - Why is it bad that our Chairman and one of the board members are putting his name forward? Surely they should be looking after the interests of the club, and are doing so by looking for managers? :ayatollah:

TG and VT have not been involved.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dafydd wrote:I don't really understand - Why is it bad that our Chairman and one of the board members are putting his name forward? Surely they should be looking after the interests of the club, and are doing so by looking for managers? :ayatollah:

And you really believe that do you Annis? VT & TG would be over-seeing this every step of the way.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:32 pm

I just don't know how the board are going to get this appointment right as they have no expierence in football. Gethin knows only about rugby and this is his first season in football. The Malaysians also don't know a great deal about football.

It's a bit of a joke really that people with no football knowledge and not much experience are choosing our new mananger.

But whoever they choose, I'm backing them 110% :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:22 pm

VT knew nothing about food when he took on Malaysia's first McDonalds franchise and now has them all over the country.
VT knew nothing about airlines but he set up Berjaya Air.
VT knew nothing about property and Hotels and yet he has a portfolio of £billions now.
VT knows nothing about online gambling but will soon be a major player in the far east.

From a man who didn't know a thing he has become a self made billionaire.
He did this by choosing the right team for each business and by delegation, but he has set the budgets and targets every time.

I am willing to trust his judgement, it hasn't done him badly in the past.
If he thinks GJ is the man to run CCFC then I trust him, but if he doesn't come up to expectations then VT will show his ruthless side.

VT will have given GJ a wish list as far as the manager is concerned and anyone who thinks he has let GJ run amok with his cheque book is deluded.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:

But Annis, wouldn't you rather Jenkins and Whitely looking than TG and VT?

They may not be big time in the know but have at least been involved with sport for a considerable time.