Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CITY OFFICIALS MEETING PROSPECTIVE MANAGER "

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:49 pm

I think it's important that these kind of truths come out in the open as much as possible.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:55 pm

carlccfc wrote:
hollywood wrote:
Danish wrote:so as this is "another meeting" we are already in trouble??

How can malky Mackay ''go straight into a meeting'' tomorrow if watford have yet to give permission to talk to him. (compensation HAS to be agreed first)

just saying.

Can only say what has happened thus far.

How about David Marshall is he leaving ???

Back up North with Rae ???

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:56 pm

BlooDan wrote:I think it's important that these kind of truths come out in the open as much as possible.

Why?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 pm

[/quote]
Can only say what has happened thus far.[/quote]

Back up North with Rae ???[/quote]

In my opinion I doubt that will happen..is he still injured though?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:12 pm

sambluebird wrote:

Can only say what has happened thus far.[/quote]

Back up North with Rae ???[/quote]

In my opinion I doubt that will happen..is he still injured though?[/quote]

Not sure allegedly his house is on the market though ????

Maybe just a local move ???

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:40 pm

lol This is getting funnier by the minute lol

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Great to hear your back Carl :ayatollah: Hope you and your family had a good holiday mate.

Thanks for the update with the news of tomorrows meeting,and the other points ;)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:20 am

corky wrote:There are more interviews planned for Tomorrow and the beginning of the week according to Barrie M who works down the club...no mention of any names though

Corky, Barrie put out on Thursday that the Decision was being made Saturday just gone :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:42 am

How long does it take to find the right man for the job?? other clubs seem to be lining their managers up and sorting things out a lot quicker than us. In Corky's post he mentions that possibly more interviews this week, it's getting to be like a bloody soap opera, I don't want the "fools rush in" scenario but a little urgency would be welcome. :?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:46 am

carlccfc wrote:CITY OFFICIALS MEETING PROSPECTIVE MANAGER TOMORROW.

Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely have invited Malky Mackay to have another meeting with them tomorrow has he is now Gethin Jenkins preferred choice of manager.

Mackay returned home today from his holiday and will go straight to a meeting with Jenkins and Whitely and if everything can be agreed with Watford over compensation, likely to be up to £300k, then Mackay will be expected to be announced as new City boss.

Jenkins and the club need to be very careful regarding meeting Mackay as I have it on very good authority that as yet City have not been given permission nor have they requested it, well they had not done so in the last hour, to speak with the Watford manager.

I hope that City make the correct moves before they are in serious breach of FA rules.

I am told, incidentally, that Steve Maclaren will take the Nottingham Forest job.

So now you've put it out there that we've already had one meeting behind Watford's back, and now also we're lining up another one..... great...look forward to the charges! maybe your need to break news should come after the need of the club?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:02 am

What if it is that Mackay's agent has said to the club that he is interested in the job is on holiday and would like to speak to the club this week on his return.The club would then ask Watford for permission and progress without any issues?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:11 am

This search for a manager is getting a farce. Other clubs move within days to get the man they want ,the way its going i can see us starting the season with YTS boys in the team FFS SORT IT OUT ITS A JOKE.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:12 am

Doesn't look like anything will be done today! This was tweeter last night....

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:37 am

Why did it take a fortnight to sack Dave Jones and another fortnight to appoint a new manager?If the new manager is being told to deliver promotion next season[or else?!] is MM really the answer?Undoubtedly he has potential to succeed in the medium/long term but he is still cutting his teeth as Manager.
Forest have shown the right approach in appointing Mclaren.Why couldn't we get someone with a proven track record and high profile leadership skills such as Martin O'Neill [or Billy Davies] given the promotion brief and apparent player budget of £20 million

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:42 am

After reading this I can't believe my eyes... Why on earth would the board risk being in trouble just to get an interview with MM? when you have the likes of Hughton, Di Matteo, Billy Davies etc. who are all 'free agents' and none require compensation... Confused to be honest. As one said: 'Someone is telling porky's'

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:59 am

Been watching Sky, and the merry go round of Villas search for a new manager; the ammount of managers that have been linked with their vacant post is unbelivable, Hughes , Martanez, and now the Brum manager, a lot of this is speculation, as is what is happening down the City.
My worry is, unless we have got our man, could he now jump ship as other jobs become available? Just hope GJ and the other directors know what they are doing otherwise we could be left with somone who wasn't our original choice. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:15 pm

bluebirddavid wrote:Why did it take a fortnight to sack Dave Jones and another fortnight to appoint a new manager?If the new manager is being told to deliver promotion next season[or else?!] is MM really the answer?Undoubtedly he has potential to succeed in the medium/long term but he is still cutting his teeth as Manager.
Forest have shown the right approach in appointing Mclaren.Why couldn't we get someone with a proven track record and high profile leadership skills such as Martin O'Neill [or Billy Davies] given the promotion brief and apparent player budget of £20 million

David Jones was such a man when we took him on. He failed.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:22 pm

im getting the feeling that all your ITKs are not as ITK as they would suggest.

300,000 compo really? get real.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:CITY OFFICIALS MEETING PROSPECTIVE MANAGER TOMORROW.

Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely have invited Malky Mackay to have another meeting with them tomorrow has he is now Gethin Jenkins preferred choice of manager.

Mackay returned home today from his holiday and will go straight to a meeting with Jenkins and Whitely and if everything can be agreed with Watford over compensation, likely to be up to £300k, then Mackay will be expected to be announced as new City boss.

Jenkins and the club need to be very careful regarding meeting Mackay as I have it on very good authority that as yet City have not been given permission nor have they requested it, well they had not done so in the last hour, to speak with the Watford manager.

I hope that City make the correct moves before they are in serious breach of FA rules.

I am told, incidentally, that Steve Maclaren will take the Nottingham Forest job.

Its pathetic and so shoddy, we are still a amature club run by baffoons.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:52 pm

A decision has to be made this week, otherwise I am going to go nuts haha! :x

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:27 pm

ccfcwelshlad wrote:
BlooDan wrote:I think it's important that these kind of truths come out in the open as much as possible.

Why?

Because we are the Supporters of the Club, who pay our money and should always Know the Truth.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Doesn't look like anything will be done today! This was tweeter last night....

He knows nothing anyway.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Cardiff City set to make formal move for Watford boss
2:59pm Monday 13th June 2011

By Anthony Matthews »

Watford have not received an official approach for Malky Mackay but Cardiff City are expected to make a formal move to try and make the Hornets boss their new manager.

The Hornets have confirmed the statement they released last Tuesday, following claims that Mackay had an interview with the Bluebirds after receiving permission from Watford, still stands.

This read: “Watford Football Club wishes to confirm that it has not received an official approach for the services of manager Malky Mackay.

“The Hornets boss signed a new deal earlier this year, therefore continues to be under contract at Vicarage Road.”

Sources close to the south Wales club are convinced the Scot is Cardiff’s number one target after chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee flew in from Malaysia for talks with the club’s other directors to find a successor to Dave Jones and expect an official approach to be tabled imminently.

Mackay’s odds for the Bluebirds hot seat have not altered significantly since we reported that he was odds-on favourite for the post yesterday.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:56 pm

As soon as we make the approach and it gets accepted he will be appointed almost straight away.

I'd imagine that all the personal stuff has been agreed.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:57 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:As soon as we make the approach and it gets accepted he will be appointed almost straight away.

I'd imagine that all the personal stuff has been agreed.

Probably so.

Re: CITY OFFICIALS MEETING PROSPECTIVE MANAGER

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:31 pm

streamfeeder wrote:theres only one manager that will guarentee us in the play offs, billy davies, done it with three clubs and hes available now for nothing, we should forget about mackay and move quickly for davies before birmingham snap him up

Yeah and and like tosser Jones usually fails in the play offs

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:31 pm

This is getting a f*cking joke.

How long does it take?

Pre-season is nearly here.

If this is anything to go by, then what the f**k are we going to be like in the transfer market?

Re: CITY OFFICIALS MEETING PROSPECTIVE MANAGER

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:35 pm

samuelarthurbrains wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:theres only one manager that will guarentee us in the play offs, billy davies, done it with three clubs and hes available now for nothing, we should forget about mackay and move quickly for davies before birmingham snap him up

Yeah and and like tosser Jones usually fails in the play offs

Bloody hell you lot are never happy are you !

Us at watford would of been over the button moon if our budget (including wages) was around th3 £15m-£20m mark.

If watford had that budget, we would be in the premiership.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:34 pm

We're a bigger club with bigger expectations now pipe down!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:04 pm

hornet_fan wrote:im getting the feeling that all your ITKs are not as ITK as they would suggest.

took you longer than i expected to work that one out :D