Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CITY OFFICIALS MEETING PROSPECTIVE MANAGER "

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:56 pm

CITY OFFICIALS MEETING PROSPECTIVE MANAGER TOMORROW.

Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely have invited Malky Mackay to have another meeting with them tomorrow has he is now Gethin Jenkins preferred choice of manager.

Mackay returned home today from his holiday and will go straight to a meeting with Jenkins and Whitely and if everything can be agreed with Watford over compensation, likely to be up to £300k, then Mackay will be expected to be announced as new City boss.

Jenkins and the club need to be very careful regarding meeting Mackay as I have it on very good authority that as yet City have not been given permission nor have they requested it, well they had not done so in the last hour, to speak with the Watford manager.

I hope that City make the correct moves before they are in serious breach of FA rules.

I am told, incidentally, that Steve Maclaren will take the Nottingham Forest job.

Re: CITY OFFICIALS MEETING PROSPECTIVE MANAGER

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah:

What do you think they'll be talking about tomorrow ?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:01 pm

well if they didnt know about this breach...NOW THEY DO-LOL Nice one carl lol :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:02 pm

theres only one manager that will guarentee us in the play offs, billy davies, done it with three clubs and hes available now for nothing, we should forget about mackay and move quickly for davies before birmingham snap him up

Re: " CITY OFFICIALS MEETING PROSPECTIVE MANAGER "

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:04 pm

so as this is "another meeting" we are already in trouble??

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Trust us to f**k it up in such a large way, in that we don't even have permission to be talking with the man yet. Let's hope this is sorted out sharpish.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:06 pm

streamfeeder wrote:theres only one manager that will guarentee us in the play offs, billy davies, done it with three clubs and hes available now for nothing, we should forget about mackay and move quickly for davies before birmingham snap him up

Yes it's alright saying Davies guarantees the play-offs, but for the past two seasons he's failed with Forest and he hasn't even got to the final !

streamfeeder wrote:theres only one manager that will guarentee us in the play offs, billy davies, done it with three clubs and hes available now for nothing, we should forget about mackay and move quickly for davies before birmingham snap him up

Billy Davies is a has been its time for the new fella on the block :ayatollah:

Please god. Not Billy Davies. Malky Mackay so much better. Lets hope the club do the right things.

Within the league rules of course. Thanks for the info Carl.

Could have some great news tomorrow.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

carlccfc wrote:CITY OFFICIALS MEETING PROSPECTIVE MANAGER TOMORROW.

Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely have invited Malky Mackay to have another meeting with them tomorrow has he is now Gethin Jenkins preferred choice of manager.

Mackay returned home today from his holiday and will go straight to a meeting with Jenkins and Whitely and if everything can be agreed with Watford over compensation, likely to be up to £300k, then Mackay will be expected to be announced as new City boss.

Jenkins and the club need to be very careful regarding meeting Mackay as I have it on very good authority that as yet City have not been given permission nor have they requested it, well they had not done so in the last hour, to speak with the Watford manager.

I hope that City make the correct moves before they are in serious breach of FA rules.

Jenkins and Whitley could get our Club in trouble, it should be all done in official capacity. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

I am told, incidentally, that Steve Maclaren will take the Nottingham Forest job.

Welcome home Carl, to wet/windy Wales. Hope you had a Great Holiday.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49089 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Danish wrote:so as this is "another meeting" we are already in trouble??

How can malky Mackay ''go straight into a meeting'' tomorrow if watford have yet to give permission to talk to him. (compensation HAS to be agreed first)

just saying.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:07 pm

ccfcdor wrote:well if they didnt know about this breach...NOW THEY DO-LOL Nice one carl lol :ayatollah:

Watford know its going on and are fuming.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:09 pm

hollywood wrote:
Danish wrote:so as this is "another meeting" we are already in trouble??

How can malky Mackay ''go straight into a meeting'' tomorrow if watford have yet to give permission to talk to him. (compensation HAS to be agreed first)

just saying.

Can only say what has happened thus far.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:10 pm

It doesn't make sense to me :?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:12 pm

quite a lot of name dropping going on.....I'm sure my club would be very interested to hear what's been going on over the weekend.

Could be a turbulent week for the pair of us.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm

streamfeeder

Dave Jones would probably get us into the play-offs, he did the last two seasons. Don't quite see why Billy Davies would be any better. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Yes it's alright saying Davies guarantees the play-offs, but for the past two seasons he's failed with Forest and he hasn't even got to the final !

billy davies took preston to a final, that they lost to southampton i think it was, he took derby up by winning a play off final a few years later, he was unlucky to come up against blackpool in last years semis, as you know, they were on an unstoppable run.
he knows the championship inside out, and he knows what players we would need to get us up, he knows how to build a squad, hes passionate, he cares about his clubs, whats not to like?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:16 pm

streamfeeder wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

billy davies took preston to a final, that they lost to southampton i think it was, he took derby up by winning a play off final a few years later, he was unlucky to come up against blackpool in last years semis, as you know, they were on an unstoppable run.
he knows the championship inside out, and he knows what players we would need to get us up, he knows how to build a squad, hes passionate, he cares about his clubs, whats not to like?

You forget he throws his toys out the pram if he doesnt get the player he wants....he doesnt care how much money the club spends...

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:18 pm

I thought the whole reason this saga has taken as interminably long as it has is because City were after a manager who is still in employment elsewhere. The delay was thus down to them a) asking permission and b) sorting out compensation should the candidate be successful and they offer.

What has been going on these last few weeks then?

Save yourselves the bother. Billy Davies is available and, without any doubt, much the stronger of the two.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:20 pm

welcome back to wales carl. canarian potatoes love them. anyway, carl. do you think that the club are going about there duties in the right manner. in selecting a new manager?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Dave jones would get us play/offs, like for like is pointless.

I think we missed a trick with mclaren but McKay is the man IMO

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:25 pm

he was frustrated at forest because they have something called a transfer committee, which basically means if he wanted to sign a player he had to sell the player to this transfer committee then they would decide for him if he could sign him or not, so its hardly surprising he threw toys out of his pram.
think about the championship next season, birmingham and west ham should be top 2 no one can compete with them, that leaves us with the playoffs at best, hes been there and done it, if anyone can take us up thru the playoffs billys our man :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Carl, any idea when an announcement would be made?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Dave jones would get us play/offs, like for like is pointless.

I think we missed a trick with mclaren but McKay is the man IMO

agree with this, mclaren would of been my first choice, was reported on the radio he could of earned 3 times what forest are paying him by going back to the team he managed in holland but he was more than happy to step down to the championship, did we even approach him???,i think davies is our best bet at promotion now

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Y Dont the club come out like forest and say who they are in talks with if it is mackay and we aint had permission we r fcuked big time its like a bloke coming onto another blokes misses big trouble :oops: :oops:

How do you know theres not a get out clause in Mckay's contrac i.e £300k :old:

carl, if this is 'another' meeting, then surely watford have given us permission already or we have broken the rules?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:32 pm

looks like we F00KED it again then

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:32 pm

This whole thing is becoming a farce now.

I cannot believe Malky Mackay has sat down, had an interview with
Cardiff City and nobody has mentioned it to Watford. Its ludicrous.

About as serious a breach of regulations as you can get really, isnt it??

I suppose it will all come out in the wash but i'm totally and utterly
confused with it all.

Somebody is telling porkies

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:34 pm

taffyapple wrote:This whole thing is becoming a farce now.

I cannot believe Malky Mackay has sat down, had an interview with
Cardiff City and nobody has mentioned it to Watford. Its ludicrous.

About as serious a breach of regulations as you can get really, isnt it??

I suppose it will all come out in the wash but i'm totally and utterly
confused with it all.

Somebody is telling porkies

agree there taffy