Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

malky mackay is not the right choice

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:50 pm

he's not the right man for the job! we need an experienced man, who knows life in the premier league! We need someone who knows what needs to be done to get promoted. He's managed 1 team in his life! We're not just any other championship team, we deserve premier league football. We've got everything in place and appointing mackay is just taking steps backwards. Notts Forest sack there manager and bring in someone decent almost straight away. Not only has this process dragged on and on but we're missing out in the transfer market. I can't see mackay being a real magician in the transfer market and building a promotion winning side. Who will want to come and play for him? In a manager like Hughton or Di Matteo at least it will make the club more attractive. Yes mackay is a change from Dave Jones but he hasn't really proven himself. He is after all a player and he's yet to really show his managing credentials.

Re: malky mackay is not the right choice

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Save Jones?

I wouldn't say they acted fast, it took them for weeks to sack him.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:59 pm

they had some good players started really well... should of finished better, dunno what went wrong you could argue he hasn't got the correct style with the players , approach man, handling.

if we had him here last year could of been a good outcome

we now have the weakest side in the league. and we havent got any strikers

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:09 pm

you cant make a statement like that before the fellas even here. i hate to mention the jaks but brendan rogers cv last stated he was sacked by reading.... di matteo and hughton obviously didnt impress, jenkins insnt stupid and would have been well aware of their cv,s. It goes deeper than a "big name". hes very passionate, works very hard and does exceptionally well with a watford side with some very medioka players. Jones didnt have the dressing room, Mckay is a tough no nonsense glaswegian. Take a glance at the prem league and see how many teams have this approach at the helm, Man U, Blackburn, Liverpool, Everton, Villa(next season),Norwich, we must be patient. Before we condemn his fate before his first day, lets give jenkins the benefit of the doubt.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Brendan Rodgers had no experience and neither did Lambert but they got there Clubs up. Our new man may be the right choice or he could flop who knows. We have to back him and see what pans out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Bellamy wants him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:19 pm

bobbankbandit wrote:you cant make a statement like that before the fellas even here. i hate to mention the jaks but brendan rogers cv last stated he was sacked by reading.... di matteo and hughton obviously didnt impress, jenkins insnt stupid and would have been well aware of their cv,s. It goes deeper than a "big name". hes very passionate, works very hard and does exceptionally well with a watford side with some very medioka players. Jones didnt have the dressing room, Mckay is a tough no nonsense glaswegian. Take a glance at the prem league and see how many teams have this approach at the helm, Man U, Blackburn, Liverpool, Everton, Villa(next season),Norwich, we must be patient. Before we condemn his fate before his first day, lets give jenkins the benefit of the doubt.

yes mate i agree with what your saying, im just voicing my concerns before the appointment actually happens. it's important that everybody supports him from his first day but he's not here yet.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:22 pm

He is :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:26 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:he's not the right man for the job! we need an experienced man, who knows life in the premier league! We need someone who knows what needs to be done to get promoted. He's managed 1 team in his life! We're not just any other championship team, we deserve premier league football. We've got everything in place and appointing mackay is just taking steps backwards. Notts Forest sack there manager and bring in someone decent almost straight away. Not only has this process dragged on and on but we're missing out in the transfer market. I can't see mackay being a real magician in the transfer market and building a promotion winning side. Who will want to come and play for him? In a manager like Hughton or Di Matteo at least it will make the club more attractive. Yes mackay is a change from Dave Jones but he hasn't really proven himself. He is after all a player and he's yet to really show his managing credentials.

M O, N :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:50 pm

We don't 'deserve' anything. We'll have to win promotion like everyone else. Dave Jones and Billy Davies are both experienced, but both failed to deliver. If it is Malky, or anyone else, then it's our job to get behind the new manager and the taem. We had enough negativity last season to last a lifetime. :ayatollah: