Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: A SWANS fans point of view...

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:59 am

JackArmyWalesNumber1 wrote:Fair play mate, you should be on stage!! Are you sure you're not a scouser :?:

No, but then again, you lot are close you thieving inbred dole bums.

How come you're on here now this time of day?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:02 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:
billy ronson wrote:Am I the only one thinking he has replied to the wrong thread ? :?

No I haven't.

Why dont they just bugger off on their own message board?

They're on here all the time starting smarmy threads or comments, it a Cardiff message board, the idiots. What part of that is it that they cannot grasp?

As a general rule I don't post on here, just look in now and then. It wasn't my intention to be smarmy or cause any offence, the idea was to point out that there are similarities between our position last summer and your current situation. If anything, I was trying to make the point that a young manager and players with a point to prove might be the missing piece of the jigsaw at Cardiff.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:05 am

scotsjack wrote:
As a general rule I don't post on here, just look in now and then. It wasn't my intention to be smarmy or cause any offence, the idea was to point out that there are similarities between our position last summer and your current situation. If anything, I was trying to make the point that a young manager and players with a point to prove might be the missing piece of the jigsaw at Cardiff.

Thats fair enough mate but we get educated in Cardiff and the majority of us are to a level where we have enough of an intellectual capacity to work out the point blank bloody obvious ourselves.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:12 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:
scotsjack wrote:

Thats fair enough mate but we get educated in Cardiff and the majority of us are to a level where we have enough of an intellectual capacity to work out the point blank bloody obvious ourselves.

I lived and worked in Cardiff for a few years and in fairness, I'm still good friends with a few Cardiff City fans. Not doubting the intellectual capacity of the majority of your fans (let's be honest, all clubs have a minority of clowns supporting them). But reading some of the threads on here, it seems that some would still rather throw money at the team rather than address the root problems. All I was trying to get across was a viewpoint that some may have missed. I will now take your advice and bugger off...

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:40 am

scotsjack wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:
scotsjack wrote:

I lived and worked in Cardiff for a few years and in fairness, I'm still good friends with a few Cardiff City fans. Not doubting the intellectual capacity of the majority of your fans (let's be honest, all clubs have a minority of clowns supporting them). But reading some of the threads on here, it seems that some would still rather throw money at the team rather than address the root problems. All I was trying to get across was a viewpoint that some may have missed. I will now take your advice and bugger off...

that is probably the most sensible comment a swansea fan has ever said on this message board. I agree with that 100%.

The rest who just start ridiculous threads though can bugger off.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:56 am

were cardiff we hope and dream of everything
where as in reality we should be happy with what we got.

mid table for us 2011/12 anything more and i can go away each game a happy bunny

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 am

scotsjack wrote:I've only posted on here once or twice, usually to answer a subject on the Swans but I feel I can offer something here having read the board quite frequently.

Let's start by having a look at the position the Swans were in last summer, we had just had our highest league finish since the early eighties but the majority of the fans weren't happy. While it was true that Sousa had taken us to 7th place and fixed a leaky defence, we had bottled it at the end and we rightfully taken 6th spot from us. Added to that, the football on offer at the Liberty was dire and most of us accepted our fate, ( I for one, clapped the players and just left without a word after we drew 0-0 with Doncaster on the last day ).

Then we had the news that Sousa was leaving, much like yourselves with Dave Jones being sacked this year, nobody seemed too upset at the time, surely with the progress we had made over the past few years, we would be ambitious and try and keep that momentum going? Who did we get, Brendan Rodgers! Now, at the time, I will admit that I was completely underwhelmed.

Still, he was the manager of my team, no amount of whinging was going to change it, so I headed into the season just gone, fearing the worst and almost accepting that the Swans were going to settle for where we were and in fairness I would have accepted it considering the steps we had made in the past few years. In fact, getting to the championship was beyond my wildest dreams just a few years before we got there.

And then it all clicked, take a look at Brendan Rodgers, did a decent job at Watford, moved on(IMO he was too emotionally involved with Reading), got himself the sack, ended up at the Swans...Then, took everything he had learned, added the sense of injustice he had from his time at Reading and put all of his efforts into proving people wrong. And here is the point... From the names you have all mentioned on here as your next manager, every one of them has a point to prove, none more so than Malky McKay who must be thoroughly pissed off at the lack of support he has had at Watford (Brendan?).

On a seperate note, from my admittedly little knowledge of the way Malaysian businessmen work, seeing Swansea in the Premier league will have stung a little bit. The fact that they are backing new investment has to be seen as a positive thing as they are setting out to put things right, if I was a Cardiff fan I would be delighted at this news, Premier league football is massive out there and they seem determined to get there.

Get a young ambitious manager in, then get some young and ambitious players in, get behind them and with a bit of luck and a following wind you can get there. I for one would love to see a Swansea v Cardiff match in the top division.

Yeah a well balanced view there mate, i dont think Rodgers changed alot for you though, just correct the problems you had the previous season and that he brought players in that scored goals, otherwise the building blocks were already in place.

As for us, i hope the new manager brings in players that are hungry to achieve things, some of the players Jones brought in last season only came to us to get games under their belt because they weren't getting games at their respective clubs.

Good luck next season.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:37 am

scotsjack wrote:I've only posted on here once or twice, usually to answer a subject on the Swans but I feel I can offer something here having read the board quite frequently.

Let's start by having a look at the position the Swans were in last summer, we had just had our highest league finish since the early eighties but the majority of the fans weren't happy. While it was true that Sousa had taken us to 7th place and fixed a leaky defence, we had bottled it at the end and we rightfully taken 6th spot from us. Added to that, the football on offer at the Liberty was dire and most of us accepted our fate, ( I for one, clapped the players and just left without a word after we drew 0-0 with Doncaster on the last day ).

Then we had the news that Sousa was leaving, much like yourselves with Dave Jones being sacked this year, nobody seemed too upset at the time, surely with the progress we had made over the past few years, we would be ambitious and try and keep that momentum going? Who did we get, Brendan Rodgers! Now, at the time, I will admit that I was completely underwhelmed.

Still, he was the manager of my team, no amount of whinging was going to change it, so I headed into the season just gone, fearing the worst and almost accepting that the Swans were going to settle for where we were and in fairness I would have accepted it considering the steps we had made in the past few years. In fact, getting to the championship was beyond my wildest dreams just a few years before we got there.

And then it all clicked, take a look at Brendan Rodgers, did a decent job at Watford, moved on(IMO he was too emotionally involved with Reading), got himself the sack, ended up at the Swans...Then, took everything he had learned, added the sense of injustice he had from his time at Reading and put all of his efforts into proving people wrong. And here is the point... From the names you have all mentioned on here as your next manager, every one of them has a point to prove, none more so than Malky McKay who must be thoroughly pissed off at the lack of support he has had at Watford (Brendan?).

On a seperate note, from my admittedly little knowledge of the way Malaysian businessmen work, seeing Swansea in the Premier league will have stung a little bit. The fact that they are backing new investment has to be seen as a positive thing as they are setting out to put things right, if I was a Cardiff fan I would be delighted at this news, Premier league football is massive out there and they seem determined to get there.

Get a young ambitious manager in, then get some young and ambitious players in, get behind them and with a bit of luck and a following wind you can get there. I for one would love to see a Swansea v Cardiff match in the top division.

good post fair play!! anyone who comes on from whatever club is welcomed unless they act a ****.
the longer this drags on, the more im starting to worry about who we will appoint, in the very back of my mind i still feel it may be someone that we arnt all expecting!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:39 pm

milly44 wrote:

good post fair play!! anyone who comes on from whatever club is welcomed unless they act a ****.
the longer this drags on, the more im starting to worry about who we will appoint, in the very back of my mind i still feel it may be someone that we arnt all expecting!!

ive been thinking the same milly, all the speculation, rumours then the club come out and announce a big surprise. being cardiff city, wouldnt surprise me though :D

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:48 pm

scotsjack wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:
billy ronson wrote:Am I the only one thinking he has replied to the wrong thread ? :?

No I haven't.

Why dont they just bugger off on their own message board?

They're on here all the time starting smarmy threads or comments, it a Cardiff message board, the idiots. What part of that is it that they cannot grasp?

Very good original post Scotsjack and a very good statement above. You are welcome on here as is any other team fan if you all so wish, it is good to hear some points from other teams fans on here and your one is so true. I don't think for one minute that you came on here to be smarmy or have a dig at us and reading most of our posters on here I don't think they do either.
Brendan Rodgers was the missing piece of Swansea's jigsaw after the foundations were laid, IMO, by Martinez and I hope Cardiff can get a manager in the same mould that can do exactly what he has done except he has to rebuild virtually from scratch which is not a bad thing really. I for one consider you as our main rivals even though you are now in the Premier League, I just hope that we do it next season and if you stay up then I would look forward very much to a Cardiff V Swansea match in the top flight, it would be very interesting indeed.
Good luck to you in the Prem.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:11 pm

I lived and worked in Cardiff for a few years and in fairness, I'm still good friends with a few Cardiff City fans. Not doubting the intellectual capacity of the majority of your fans (let's be honest, all clubs have a minority of clowns supporting them). But reading some of the threads on here, it seems that some would still rather throw money at the team rather than address the root problems. All I was trying to get across was a viewpoint that some may have missed. I will now take your advice and bugger off...[/quote]

Hello again Scotty
I for one do not think that you should 'Bugger off'.
Your original post was very insightful and made me think that perhaps all is not lost.
You confirmed my belief that sometimes you have to go back to go forward and hopefully we will have the right manager in place (SOON!!!!) to get us up with you in the Promised Land so that we can whip the Arse off your team :lol: :lol: and show you finally how superior we think we are :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:28 pm

we may have the defence now.
young manager is on the way (we hope)
a new midfielder or resign oli. we need some pace on the flank and im assuming bellers will be back.
dont think we have any strikers at the moment which you could say is simillar to you lot a year ago.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:13 pm

What I would love to know is how Swansea managed to keep Scott Sinclair fit all season. Thought for some time that there is something wrong with CCFC's training methods. Injuries are not always bad luck. Perhaps a younger manager, with more up to date training methods, will sort it out.