Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A SWANS fans point of view...

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:09 pm

I've only posted on here once or twice, usually to answer a subject on the Swans but I feel I can offer something here having read the board quite frequently.

Let's start by having a look at the position the Swans were in last summer, we had just had our highest league finish since the early eighties but the majority of the fans weren't happy. While it was true that Sousa had taken us to 7th place and fixed a leaky defence, we had bottled it at the end and we rightfully taken 6th spot from us. Added to that, the football on offer at the Liberty was dire and most of us accepted our fate, ( I for one, clapped the players and just left without a word after we drew 0-0 with Doncaster on the last day ).

Then we had the news that Sousa was leaving, much like yourselves with Dave Jones being sacked this year, nobody seemed too upset at the time, surely with the progress we had made over the past few years, we would be ambitious and try and keep that momentum going? Who did we get, Brendan Rodgers! Now, at the time, I will admit that I was completely underwhelmed.

Still, he was the manager of my team, no amount of whinging was going to change it, so I headed into the season just gone, fearing the worst and almost accepting that the Swans were going to settle for where we were and in fairness I would have accepted it considering the steps we had made in the past few years. In fact, getting to the championship was beyond my wildest dreams just a few years before we got there.

And then it all clicked, take a look at Brendan Rodgers, did a decent job at Watford, moved on(IMO he was too emotionally involved with Reading), got himself the sack, ended up at the Swans...Then, took everything he had learned, added the sense of injustice he had from his time at Reading and put all of his efforts into proving people wrong. And here is the point... From the names you have all mentioned on here as your next manager, every one of them has a point to prove, none more so than Malky McKay who must be thoroughly pissed off at the lack of support he has had at Watford (Brendan?).

On a seperate note, from my admittedly little knowledge of the way Malaysian businessmen work, seeing Swansea in the Premier league will have stung a little bit. The fact that they are backing new investment has to be seen as a positive thing as they are setting out to put things right, if I was a Cardiff fan I would be delighted at this news, Premier league football is massive out there and they seem determined to get there.

Get a young ambitious manager in, then get some young and ambitious players in, get behind them and with a bit of luck and a following wind you can get there. I for one would love to see a Swansea v Cardiff match in the top division.

Re: A Swans fans point of view...

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:13 pm

fair enough, good post for a jack
certain managers just tick with certain clubs, rogers appointment was a stroke of genius but our expectations (well mine) have come down and i'll be happy to slowly rebuild a younger, hungry squad!!!

now f**k off you gypo :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:15 pm

eighty_8 wrote:fair enough, good post for a jack
certain managers just tick with certain clubs, rogers appointment was a stroke of genius but our expectations (well mine) have come down and i'll be happy to slowly rebuild a younger, hungry squad!!!

A lot of fans expectations were lower last summer. A few big signings and expectations will be sky high again.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

A lot of fans expectations were lower last summer. A few big signings and expectations will be sky high again.

i agree, but ive personally learnt from the last 3 seasons 2blue, lets hope for some good times :D

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:19 pm

That's the point, expectations at the Liberty weren't exactly high when Brendan was appointed, look what happened? And then, exactly, young hungry manager, with a young hungry squad...

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:20 pm

scotsjack wrote:I've only posted on here once or twice, usually to answer a subject on the Swans but I feel I can offer something here having read the board quite frequently.

Let's start by having a look at the position the Swans were in last summer, we had just had our highest league finish since the early eighties but the majority of the fans weren't happy. While it was true that Sousa had taken us to 7th place and fixed a leaky defence, we had bottled it at the end and we rightfully taken 6th spot from us. Added to that, the football on offer at the Liberty was dire and most of us accepted our fate, ( I for one, clapped the players and just left without a word after we drew 0-0 with Doncaster on the last day ).

Then we had the news that Sousa was leaving, much like yourselves with Dave Jones being sacked this year, nobody seemed too upset at the time, surely with the progress we had made over the past few years, we would be ambitious and try and keep that momentum going? Who did we get, Brendan Rodgers! Now, at the time, I will admit that I was completely underwhelmed.

Still, he was the manager of my team, no amount of whinging was going to change it, so I headed into the season just gone, fearing the worst and almost accepting that the Swans were going to settle for where we were and in fairness I would have accepted it considering the steps we had made in the past few years. In fact, getting to the championship was beyond my wildest dreams just a few years before we got there.

And then it all clicked, take a look at Brendan Rodgers, did a decent job at Watford, moved on(IMO he was too emotionally involved with Reading), got himself the sack, ended up at the Swans...Then, took everything he had learned, added the sense of injustice he had from his time at Reading and put all of his efforts into proving people wrong. And here is the point... From the names you have all mentioned on here as your next manager, every one of them has a point to prove, none more so than Malky McKay who must be thoroughly pissed off at the lack of support he has had at Watford (Brendan?).

On a seperate note, from my admittedly little knowledge of the way Malaysian businessmen work, seeing Swansea in the Premier league will have stung a little bit. The fact that they are backing new investment has to be seen as a positive thing as they are setting out to put things right, if I was a Cardiff fan I would be delighted at this news, Premier league football is massive out there and they seem determined to get there.

Get a young ambitious manager in, then get some young and ambitious players in, get behind them and with a bit of luck and a following wind you can get there. I for one would love to see a Swansea v Cardiff match in the top division.

Great post.

Most of the 'big names' have gone now. That strategy didn't work. We were a collection of individuals and not a team.

Time to get some young, hungry players in to play alongside honest pros like McNaughton and Quinn. It may very well turn out that next season is a season of consolidation but CCFC needs a root and branch restructure on the playing side.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:21 pm

scotsjack wrote:

That's the point, expectations at the Liberty weren't exactly high when Brendan was appointed, look what happened? And then, exactly, young hungry manager, with a young hungry squad...

you are correct

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Interesting post.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:28 pm

How dare you come on here with a positive post. Now you have made me feel amazingly optimistic. If that was your intention then it's worked you stirring Jack B*****d. We don't need you to build up our hopes (but thanks for trying)!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 pm

skybluebird wrote:How dare you come on here with a positive post. Now you have made me feel amazingly optimistic. If that was your intention then it's worked you stirring Jack B*****d. We don't need you to build up our hopes (but thanks for trying)!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sorry about that :lol:

Just pointing out the fact that last summer, it looked as though we were accepting where we were and then...

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Just pointing out the fact that last summer, it looked as though we were accepting where we were and then...[/quote]
Serious question........if we get promoted next season......do you think we will be playing you the following season? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:49 pm

scotsjack wrote:
skybluebird wrote:How dare you come on here with a positive post. Now you have made me feel amazingly optimistic. If that was your intention then it's worked you stirring Jack B*****d. We don't need you to build up our hopes (but thanks for trying)!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just pointing out the fact that last summer, it looked as though we were accepting where we were and then...

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame in the prem scotsjack... it won't last :lol:

I agree with you tbh, Cardiff v Swansea derbies in the top flight would be incredible :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:52 pm

skybluebird wrote:Sorry about that :lol:

Serious question........if we get promoted next season......do you think we will be playing you the following season? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Honestly? I have no idea... 17th place would be an incredible achievement for us next season, saying that, who knows? There are established teams that seem to be falling apart while we might just do enough.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:53 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
scotsjack wrote:

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame in the prem scotsjack... it won't last :lol:

I agree with you tbh, Cardiff v Swansea derbies in the top flight would be incredible :ayatollah:

Let's wait and see, not being cocky, just optimistic ;)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Honestly? I have no idea... 17th place would be an incredible achievement for us next season, saying that, who knows? There are established teams that seem to be falling apart while we might just do enough.[/quote]
You have to buy a ticket to be in the raffle!! At least you are there to give it a go. CHRIST WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. I am having a reasoned debate with a Jack......Rip my tongue out and feed it to the Pigs on your Gypo Camp site ScotsJack :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:21 pm

A very good post Jack :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: A SWANS fans point of view...

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Excellent post, scotsjack.

Remember being surprised when Sousa left, but was not really aware how the mood was at the Liberty. Again remember Brendan Rodgers being interviewed on TV after his appointment, and thinking that he came across well. The Western Mail said something along the lines of 'he talks a good game, now he needs to prove it on the pitch'. Well he certainly did that !

I hope that you stay up, and that we join you. A PL derby would be something else. Last time you were up there you stayed up for two seasons, while we got relegated. For one season you were in Div 1, and us in Div 3. Really don't want a repeat of that.

But lets be positive :ayatollah: Agree with everything that you say.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:50 pm

scotsjack wrote:I've only posted on here once or twice, usually to answer a subject on the Swans but I feel I can offer something here having read the board quite frequently.

Nice one best most sensible Jack poster ever :?: :?: :?:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:43 am

JackArmyWalesNumber1 wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:and I would value your opinion because?

I'll tell you what I tell the rest, get lost.

sorry annis and mods for offensive smilie but he drove me to it.

Listen you thick fekking sponge, if you want to convince anyone we're not your rivals then you'll do well to change your avatar you plonka :lol:

Listen inbred,

1) My avatar sums up your whole city, not just your club. Yes its aimed at your club but thats because I wouldn't spare your dive of a place, that even mother nature kept far enough away from the rest of civilised Britain, or your people enough to change it.

2) I don't regard you as rivals and that really gets up your arsehole doesn't it? even more so than your uncle back in the day in your little caravan escapades.

3) I don't regard you as shit because you're rivals, I regard you as shit because that is exactly what you are regardless of whether you're in the premiership or not. Wigan are a shit team with shit support in a rugby town and you're the same with your pathetic rugby songs that you sing because no one actually cares about your club other than Alan 'attention seeking' Tate and Brenda.

4) Please dont quote me as it hurts me having to read your bullshit.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:29 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:

Listen you thick fekking sponge, if you want to convince anyone we're not your rivals then you'll do well to change your avatar you plonka :lol:

Listen inbred,

1) My avatar sums up your whole city, not just your club. Yes its aimed at your club but thats because I wouldn't spare your dive of a place, that even mother nature kept far enough away from the rest of civilised Britain, or your people enough to change it.

2) I don't regard you as rivals and that really gets up your arsehole doesn't it? even more so than your uncle back in the day in your little caravan escapades.

3) I don't regard you as shit because you're rivals, I regard you as shit because that is exactly what you are regardless of whether you're in the premiership or not. Wigan are a shit team with shit support in a rugby town and you're the same with your pathetic rugby songs that you sing because no one actually cares about your club other than Alan 'attention seeking' Tate and Brenda.

4) Please dont quote me as it hurts me having to read your bullshit.

Not at all mate, thats about the only thing you got right. We are not now rivals, you play in the lower leagues ie the Championship, we play in the big boys league ie The Premiership, our rivals are Manchester United and Chelsea etc. whilst your rivals are Bristol City and Peterboro etc.

I know it must hurst but hey, you almost made it, Reading are a decent side even though we depatched them with ease whilst not playing our best. The piss heads in your side have now gone and so has your manager, give it say 5 maybe 10 years of rebuilding and you might just find yourselves up in the prem with the big boys and we can renew our rivalry, until then, you spotty little oik, you can have your rivalry with Bristol City. :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 am

An idiotic response to a very good post - what do you mean "he drove me to it"?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:28 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:

An idiotic response to a very good post - what do you mean "he drove me to it"?

Agree bob, a decent thread ruined by someone fresh off the playground.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:52 am

Am I the only one thinking he has replied to the wrong thread ? :?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:22 am

Not at all mate, thats about the only thing you got right. We are not now rivals, you play in the lower leagues ie the Championship, we play in the big boys league ie The Premiership, our rivals are Manchester United and Chelsea etc. whilst your rivals are Bristol City and Peterboro etc.

Your rivals are United and Chelsea, have you been on something mate? Do you honestly think they care for you at all? No. That has to be one of the funniest things i've heard.

I know it must hurst but hey, you almost made it, Reading are a decent side even though we depatched them with ease whilst not playing our best. The piss heads in your side have now gone and so has your manager, give it say 5 maybe 10 years of rebuilding and you might just find yourselves up in the prem with the big boys and we can renew our rivalry, until then, you spotty little oik, you can have your rivalry with Bristol City. :mrgreen:

Yeah, it hurts really bad dude. I cant contain my emotion. Give over.

Spotty little oik? :lol: oh well, I'll take spots over being an inbred anyday of the week. NQAT.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:24 am

billy ronson wrote:Am I the only one thinking he has replied to the wrong thread ? :?

No I haven't.

Why dont they just bugger off on their own message board?

They're on here all the time starting smarmy threads or comments, it a Cardiff message board, the idiots. What part of that is it that they cannot grasp?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:33 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:
billy ronson wrote:Am I the only one thinking he has replied to the wrong thread ? :?

No I haven't.

Why dont they just bugger off on their own message board?

They're on here all the time starting smarmy threads or comments, it a Cardiff message board, the idiots. What part of that is it that they cannot grasp?

Even your own are laughing at you, say no more :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 am

JackArmyWalesNumber1 wrote:Even your own are laughing at you, say no more :lol:

I dont care mate. Doesn't hide the fact that you are one of the most pathetic people to ever grace the planet Earth. You've got promoted and you have nothing better in your pathetic life to do than constantly be on a rival teams message board. Oh dear. Get out and enjoy yourself mate and celebrate FFS.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:38 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:
JackArmyWalesNumber1 wrote:Even your own are laughing at you, say no more :lol:

I dont care mate. Doesn't hide the fact that you are one of the most pathetic people to ever grace the planet Earth. You've got promoted and you have nothing better in your pathetic life to do than constantly be on a rival teams message board. Oh dear. Get out and enjoy yourself mate and celebrate FFS.

Honestly mate, it's more fun posting on here and reading your replies!! Keep em coming :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:41 am

JackArmyWalesNumber1 wrote:Honestly mate, it's more fun posting on here and reading your replies!! Keep em coming :mrgreen:

So sad, I feel bad for you mate. Seriously. You do realise that there is an abundance of clinics about to help people like you right?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:43 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:
JackArmyWalesNumber1 wrote:Honestly mate, it's more fun posting on here and reading your replies!! Keep em coming :mrgreen:

So sad, I feel bad for you mate. Seriously. You do realise that there is an abundance of clinics about to help people like you right?

Fair play mate, you should be on stage!! Are you sure you're not a scouser :?: