Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STEVE MACLAREN AND EARNIE

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:13 pm

SSN are reporting that Steve Maclaren is set to be named Forest manager tomorrow ! If Forest can move so quickly, and can secure a top name then why can't we? As far as I'm aware maclaren has not even been interviewed down here yet it's clear he would accept a job in the championship and has a far superior record to most of the other candidates! It's crazy that we have not even spoken to him!

On a brighter note I just spoke to someone who knows Earnie very well and he has confirmed that Cardiff are his no 1 choice and he's hoping the new manager will want to sign him as he is deperate to come home!

Re: STEVE MACLAREN AND EARNIE

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:SSN are reporting that Steve Maclaren is set to be named Forest manager tomorrow ! If Forest can move so quickly, and can secure a top name then why can't we? As far as I'm aware maclaren has not even been interviewed down here yet it's clear he would accept a job in the championship and has a far superior record to most of the other candidates! It's crazy that we have not even spoken to him!

On a brighter note I just spoke to someone who knows Earnie very well and he has confirmed that Cardiff are his no 1 choice and he's hoping the new manager will want to sign him as he is deperate to come home!

im hoping the new gaffer would want earnie also :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:15 pm

They took 4 weeks to sack him, not exactly quick :?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:16 pm

They have probably been speaking to MacLaren for a long longer than just today.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:21 pm

I think if McCLaren does go to Forest as seems likely it is a clear statement of intent by Forest. Davies was reportedly always asking for money at Forest so you can only think with McClarens background he is going to be given a big budget to build a squad capable of getting into the premiership. I would have liked to think that we would have interviewed McClaren unless he said he was not interested in coming to City. He's an ex England manager.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:25 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:

To be honest I don't get it, Sam Hammam, Glenn Loovens and now Earnie.

Earnie - No Thanks from me sorry, why would we want a player who couldn't get a regular starting place in a team that was worse than ours last year.... Stop looking back, I don't see a queue of people lining up to sign him and there's a reason? I don't see why people rave about him, if he doesn't score in a game then he gives nothing else, on those tough trips away we don't need a passenger.

Sorry, lets forget the past it does nothing to help us and let's move forward with our new manager and new team.

Ask yourselves this question, if we'd have had Earnie last year would the end result have been any different? I'd suggest not, we don't need players who disappear in games.

Tony Pulis hit the nail on the head when Stoke were promoted,"you don't need the most talent team in the division to be promoted from the Championship, you just need one that turns up EVERY week". With that in mind think of Earnie and last year - Bothroyd, McPhail, Whitts, Burke, Oli....

Sorry this was my earlier post could get the link on my new iPad

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:26 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:They have probably been speaking to MacLaren for a long longer than just today.

Exactly my thought.... Just our board aren't so underhand.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Einstein wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:

Earnie - No Thanks from me sorry, why would we want a player who couldn't get a regular starting place in a team that was worse than ours last year.... Stop looking back, I don't see a queue of people lining up to sign him and there's a reason? I don't see why people rave about him, if he doesn't score in a game then he gives nothing else, on those tough trips away we don't need a passenger.

Sorry, lets forget the past it does nothing to help us and let's move forward with our new manager and new team.

Ask yourselves this question, if we'd have had Earnie last year would the end result have been any different? I'd suggest not, we don't need players who disappear in games.

Tony Pulis hit the nail on the head when Stoke were promoted,"you don't need the most talent team in the division to be promoted from the Championship, you just need one that turns up EVERY week". With that in mind think of Earnie and last year - Bothroyd, McPhail, Whitts, Burke, Oli....

earnie looks in much better shape than chops, will always nick you a goal, is a great sub, plays for the badge, a class finisher
i dont care if its looking into the past, we re-signed (successfully) chops and ramsey
you could be right though, we could sign him and it may be a complete disaster, on the other-hand, it could be a cheap stroke of genius
each to their own :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Wouldn't mind Earnie bak but McClaren? Boro fans I know,whilst acknowledging the achievements he had there, could not stand his dull, defensive style of play. England reject, brolly boy, ffs?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Connacht Bluebird wrote:Wouldn't mind Earnie bak but McClaren? Boro fans I know,whilst acknowledging the achievements he had there, could not stand his dull, defensive style of play. England reject, brolly boy, ffs?

i think he meant mclaren is talking to forest, not wanting him coming to us :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:59 pm

If anyone expects the old earnie then forget it.

To me earnie on a free is a no brainer.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:26 pm

I would not want Maclaren end off. I would rather M.M :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Hope Earnie can come home :D

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:24 pm

I would love Earnie to come back. He's exactly the sort of player we need as well with Chops gone now. I really want to see those aweseome Earnie celebrations in a Cardiff shirt. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:48 pm

We could do a lot worse than sign Earnie :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:06 pm

Einstein wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:

Agreed Bellamy is our fast nippy little clever striker, we need a big hard b@stard to help him out and batter the defenders, but not like Parkin, a mobile striker who can play, like Jason Roberts at his best ??????????????

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:14 am

he didnt look like a yesterdays man at the liberty he scored and hit the post with another shot

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 am

2blue2handle wrote:
SA17 Bluebird wrote:They have probably been speaking to MacLaren for a long longer than just today.

Exactly my thought.... Just our board aren't so underhand.

The same board that has'nt asked Watford for permission to talk to their manager?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:59 am

they have prob been speaking to maclearen for afew weeks and obv it would be quicker he is a free agent

our board didnt have time to keep DJ an look else where while he was still in charge because they knew that the fans wanted him out straight away : /

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:13 am

earnie be a good squad player wouldnt want him to be our main striker though