Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Mackay - wrong choice ? June 12th 2011

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:21 pm

IMO this is a awfull choice, not long ago everyone was saying especially with our 20mill+ budget that we need an experianced manager who has been there done it.

We have done the exact opposite his only previous club is watford, and his win ratio/draw/loss ratio is nothing to jump around about.
G W D L %
99 33 25 41 33.33

If true this is the wrong decision, i just hope he proves me wrong for cardiff's sake.

Re: Malky Mackay - wrong choice ?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:23 pm

carpet20 wrote:IMO this is a awfull choice, not long ago everyone was saying especially with our 20mill+ budget that we need an experianced manager who has been there done it.

We have done the exact opposite his only previous club is watford, and his win ratio/draw/loss ratio is nothing to jump around about.
G W D L %
99 33 25 41 33.33

If true this is the wrong decision, i just hope he proves me wrong for cardiff's sake.

It's started! :roll:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
carpet20 wrote:IMO this is a awfull choice, not long ago everyone was saying especially with our 20mill+ budget that we need an experianced manager who has been there done it.

G W D L %
99 33 25 41 33.33

i no here we go lol haven't even been confirmed yet i back whoever gets in charge more worried that longer it goes on less players we prob get in :lol:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

G W D L %
99 33 25 41 33.33

He will get my full support as will any other manager, but i do feel it is the wrong choice (if he does come)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:26 pm

G W D L %
99 33 25 41 33.33

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:26 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

G W D L %
99 33 25 41 33.33

Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

He's brought forward a reasonable arguement, so instead of just putting down his comment add something constructive to the topic.

I know he's not official yet, but it seems that he'll be our choice. I'm not overly keen on this appointment, just as those statistics show. However, he could be a hit.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Haha not even announced yet and already the knives are out.

What has win % got to do with anything? He had little budget and was new into management

Rodgers win rate with Watford: 40.63
Reading: 26.09

Yet he got a team promoted and it looks like it'll be on less money that Mackay has

Remember this: Craig Bellamy backs this choice and I trust him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Great appointment if true. What Mackay has achieved at Watford is mirrored with David Moyes tenure at Preston. Now Moyes is regarded as the best manager of his generation. Mackay will bring a new much needed culture to the club. He won't suffer fools and I've got a good feeling on this one

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Frantic wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

G W D L %
99 33 25 41 33.33

Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

He's brought forward a reasonable arguement, so instead of just putting down his comment add something constructive to the topic.

I know he's not official yet, but it seems that he'll be our choice. I'm not overly keen on this appointment, just as those statistics show. However, he could be a hit.

It doesn't matter who we had brought in, as some people on here will put them down even before they've had a chance!

It hasn't even been announced officially yet and even if we were to have appointed Martin O'Neil, you wouldn't have pleased everyone and there still would have been no guarantee of success!
:ayatollah:
It doesn't matter who we appoint, we've got to get behind him and stop being so negative!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Manager not even confirmed and people have started slating them. There are times when a quadruple facepalm meme is just not enough, this is one of those times.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:34 pm

I will always be behind whatever manager we bring in. :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:Manager not even confirmed and people have started slating them. There are times when a quadruple facepalm meme is just not enough, this is one of those times.

Allow me:

http://www.otakucomplex.com/wp-content/ ... cepalm.jpg

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:37 pm

RFMH wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:Manager not even confirmed and people have started slating them. There are times when a quadruple facepalm meme is just not enough, this is one of those times.

Allow me:

did u mean this:

GREAT CHOICE :ayatollah:

RFMH wrote:

Allow me:

thank you for your contribution to this forum at times when its most needed.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:39 pm

i havent slated the him at all, infact i said i would give him my full support above, however imo it is the wrong choice. Still if he does come i will give him the time and support that i would give any other new manager be it Malky Mackay or Jose Mourinho

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:42 pm

carpet20 wrote:

i havent slated the him at all, infact i said i would give him my full support above, however imo it is the wrong choice. Still if he does come i will give him the time and support that i would give any other new manager be it Malky Mackay or Jose Mourinho

Image ^ (5,200,000,000²)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Busting chops today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgoG27zqt0g

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Lets hope he follows the trend of great managers from scotland :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:57 pm

RFMH wrote:Haha not even announced yet and already the knives are out.

What has win % got to do with anything? He had little budget and was new into management

Yet he got a team promoted and it looks like it'll be on less money that Mackay has

Remember this: Craig Bellamy backs this choice and I trust him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's the way to do it. Completely demolished the opening post in a succinct, simple swoop. Well done

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:10 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:

That's the way to do it. Completely demolished the opening post in a succinct, simple swoop. Well done

Well, not necessarily.

After all, those slating those who think there were better options than Mackay are those who slag off say Mark Robins, hmmm?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:18 pm

nerd wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

Well, not necessarily.

After all, those slating those who think there were better options than Mackay are those who slag off say Mark Robins, hmmm?

The thing is though, none of us know who the best choice is for certain, we're not going to be given a chance to have any input, so we just have to accept it!

All the prospective choices mentioned were good candidates IMO, so whoever is subsequently named as manager, should get our full and total support!

Any derogatory comments or scepticism towards the appointment, are probably better kept to ourselves!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Very poor record, not the right choice. How can you let 2 dimwits an EGGHEAD who knows fa about football and a FRAUDSTER help choose our next manager. Looks as if they have gone for the cheaper version, to most probably put more money in their own pockets.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:21 pm

canton blue wrote:Very poor record, not the right choice. How can you let 2 dimwits an EGGHEAD who knows fa about football and a FRAUDSTER help choose our next manager. Looks as if they have gone for the cheaper version, to most probably put more money in their own pockets.

'I trust Craig Bellamy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:24 pm

RFMH wrote:
canton blue wrote:Very poor record, not the right choice. How can you let 2 dimwits an EGGHEAD who knows fa about football and a FRAUDSTER help choose our next manager. Looks as if they have gone for the cheaper version, to most probably put more money in their own pockets.

'I trust Craig Bellamy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I doubt very much he will be here next season anyway Man City want a fee for him!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:26 pm

nerd wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

Well, not necessarily.

Eh?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:27 pm

:lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:35 pm

new manager new ideas cant wait for next season bring it on hes done well with no money hopefully he will have a bit lets see what he can do as i said bring it on SUPPORT THE BOYS AND MAKE SOME NOISE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Malky Mackay - wrong choice ? June 12th 2011

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:51 pm

20mill budget :roll:

Re: Malky Mackay - wrong choice ? June 12th 2011

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Yes i believe our budget is around 20mill, slightly less than last season not to be mistaken for transfer budget. I'm talking about wages. Also the failed deals of late prove malky did have money to spend and made no use of it