Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I fear Mediocrity beckons!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:19 pm

This is all about opinions then, im feeling deflated at the prospect of a manager coming from watford who has had little expectation apart from the team staying up to come to City where our expectation is much higher.
Is this the cheaper option? he has won nothing, and watford have been at best a mediocre championship side, albeit have had some days in the sun and produced some good youngsters.
I thought we would be aiming higher and shown some ambition to get a proven leader who knows how to get the job done. I would have preferred the board to use DJs wages on such a manager, but if we settle with Mackay we will just have to live with it.
I want whats best for Cardiff and support whoever is in charge but have we missed a golden opportunity to push the boat out in managerial terms? :ayatollah:

Re: I fear Mediocrity beckons!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Watford were a mediocre side on a very restricted budget!

Give the man a chance ffs!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Watford were a mediocre side on a very restricted budget!

Give the man a chance ffs!

spot on overthemoon

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Mediocrity being the key word my man. On this basis we could give a chance to any manager from what is described as a mediocre team. Opinions, opinions, great democratic voices speaking :D the proof will be in the pudding anyway

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:03 pm

norfolkin welsh wrote:Mediocrity being the key word my man. On this basis we could give a chance to any manager from what is described as a mediocre team. Opinions, opinions, great democratic voices speaking :D the proof will be in the pudding anyway

You should have waited until such time that he'd been successful or failed then, until you posted such a morose statement!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:29 pm

it does not matter who it was coming in jones has gone yipeeeeeeeeee :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:55 pm

We are Cardiff City - We could never be mediocre.