Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

read this city fans

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:01 pm

people are talking about how much the new manager will get f**k me how much did the norwich manager get the truth is jones wasnt up for it he wasnt good enough i new that all along so what i am saying is if the manager can get the tops from the players which jones didnt we will be flying next season

Re: read this city fans

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:14 pm

kalamazoomakone wrote:people are talking about how much the new manager will get f**k me how much did the norwich manager get the truth is jones wasnt up for it he wasnt good enough i new that all along so what i am saying is if the manager can get the tops from the players which jones didnt we will be flying next season

Agree fully mate, the club appear to mirroring the model of previously promoted clubs learning from the various examples thrown up re the evolution of the Championship and its undoubted specific recipe for success - something Jones' arrogance prevented him from doing ultimately.

The word 'Team' has to be pivotal and a focal point in every aspect of the clubs strategy, which is why the Mackay appointment (assuming it materialises) excites me. However he needs experienced and key personnel at the back if we're to mount a serious challenge this coming season CANT WAIT!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:17 pm

Considering the fact that we have 11 first team players, the amount of money that the new manager is gonna get is actually quite important. The only reason the likes of Swansea and Norwich were able to succeed last season was because they actually had a squad, whereas we do not.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:20 pm

I agree. Once the new manager gets the best out of Gavin Rae then there will be no chance of Iniesta or Xavi being regarded as the best midfielders of the year ever again.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Bit cynical lads :D the Malaysians are neither dull nor ignorant, what they will be aware of is that a good playing squad is vital for success and will undoubtedly produce the funds in order to fulfil that.

I think theyre acknowledging the fact the current/ previous squad of players did not possess the attitude, awareness or experience in order to achieve promotion, neither did they collectively create a culture that was good to build a team to get us out the division - a complete overhaul was/needed and the Malaysians have been decisive in addressing this...real reason to be excited :ayatollah: