Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: why not a single word from Dave Jones ?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:48 am

Eddie May wrote:It cant be a gagging order because "Thanks to everyone for the support over the years" or such like would be the norm. He has not said a single thing.

Personally i think he is so incandescent that a minor club such as Cardiff City could have the gall to sack him. Jones has always had a much higher opinion of himself than everyone else.

Quite a few jobs up in the air and not a mention of him being considered or interviewed. I think his sacking has put his current capability into perspective.
If we get Malcky Mackay and Watford DONT go for Jones as a replacement i think its fair to say his career is probably over at this level.
In his day he was a capable Championship manager, and his day has gone.....very interesting that not a word has passed his lips.

I know its a bit strange.

Thought he was going to verbaly attack The Football club, the fans and area. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:49 am

My guess is he's enjoying his half a million pay off (or however much it really is) on a beach somewhere! :o

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:
Eddie May wrote:It cant be a gagging order because "Thanks to everyone for the support over the years" or such like would be the norm. He has not said a single thing.

Personally i think he is so incandescent that a minor club such as Cardiff City could have the gall to sack him. Jones has always had a much higher opinion of himself than everyone else.

Quite a few jobs up in the air and not a mention of him being considered or interviewed. I think his sacking has put his current capability into perspective.
If we get Malcky Mackay and Watford DONT go for Jones as a replacement i think its fair to say his career is probably over at this level.
In his day he was a capable Championship manager, and his day has gone.....very interesting that not a word has passed his lips.

I know its a bit strange.

Thought he was going to verbaly attack The Football club, the fans and area. :ayatollah:

he will hes got plenty of time yet ...im sure he can wait a while.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:14 pm

He will have his say!
It will be in his second book
"How Cardiff shit on me"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:15 pm

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:He will have his say!
It will be in his second book
"How Cardiff shit on me"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

or ''how there IS smoke without fire'' ;) alledgedly

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Leave Jones alone - no need to hark on about him, let him get on with his life.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Big Question - If we would have had FULL SQUAD to pick against Reading would we have gone to mWembley - I believe so

The shit he has taken off people i think its admirable he has remianed silence - we can learn a lesson

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Daya wrote:

Leave Jones alone - no need to hark on about him, let him get on with his life.

:lol: :lol:

Daya sticking up for Jones! :o

Bet you was gutted when his name was mentioned with the West Ham job?

Got a good manager in now, will be a very tough league next year! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Hes alright Jonesy - no need to get on his case now. Glad about big Sam for sure.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Never know, it might be because he's got a bit more class than some of our "fans" who slagged him off at every turn and still do even though he's nothing to do with us anymore.

As likely as it is that Daya's taking the piss here, what he's said is spot on... he's gone now. Get over it. Leave it.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:18 pm

the only time we will here from sour face is if we struggle and he can say i told you so.
i would rather struggle than be a near miss team under jones.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:25 pm

To go slagging off your former employers, fans etc isn't going to get you a new job, he's being well paid for doing nothing, he cdan afford to sit back and bide his time.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Are the club still paying him monthly if they are then it wouldn't be wise to go dishing the dirt on your current employers