Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" VERY VERY TOUGH NEXT SEASON "

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:15 am

I wont go over old ground, But last Season was Probably Our Easiest Ever chance in the last 10 years of getting promoted to the Premiership, Championship was very Weak, Yet We had a Top 2 Squad on paper.

THIS SEASON.

MY OPINION. TEAMS TO REALLY WATCH OUT FOR

WESTHAM and BIRMINGHAM TOP 4 .
Middlesborough Dark horses I really feel Top 6.
Leeds/Southampton/Notts Forest/Leicester/Blackpool/Hull C/Burnley/Pompey/Reading/Ipswich ALL Potential play off teams at least.

TOUGH SEASON AHEAD FOR US, SO WE WILL NEED A GOOD EXPERIENCED MANAGER, PLEASE MR VT/TG, Don't leave the Decision to Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitley, to Decide Our Future. I hope Lennie Lawrences opinions are taken on board.

WE NEED TO HAVE THIS SORTED EARLY PART OF THIS WEEK :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " VERY VERY TOUGH NEXT SEASON "

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:20 am

I think Brighton might surprise a lot of people as well. The parallels between them and Norwich are ridiculous. I will be able with mid-table slightly pushing for the playoffs this season to be honest. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:21 am

brighton will be the team to watch this season it i think

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:23 am

got to be honest annis ,i really dont see us doing anything ...theres gonna be big changes and whith the new manager unless he gets a good start i think we,ll be lucky if we,re 10th....hope im wrong but im just getting bad feelings as to who we,re gonna get.
Last edited by d20 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:23 am

Agreed Annis. We will see who the real supporters are next season. I will be behind the team 100% because what we have now way outdoes what we had in the past. I am sure we will continue to have many ups and downs (hopefully more ups). True supporters take the rough with the smooth and remain loyal. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:28 am

Agreed (apart from Middlesbrough who despite the 3-0 are shite).

Lot of clubs can do well, and someone always goes on a late run a la reading.

Let's just hope it's us! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:28 am

West Ham & Birmingham top 2 I would say mate.

I don't want to sound negative but I've always been honest & last year was fully convinced you'd go up but if I'm honest I don't think you will get anywhere near the top 2.

Bothroyd, Chopra, Bellamy is a devastating front line you now have not got. Will be interesting to see who you recruit because losing some of your best players who are not easy to replace either is a massive blow.

Big ask this season. :(

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:29 am

I think we will finish in the bottom half next season. Mid table at best. Here's hoping I am proved wrong next May. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:31 am

Stan-QPR wrote:West Ham & Birmingham top 2 I would say mate.

I don't want to sound negative but I've always been honest & last year was fully convinced you'd go up but if I'm honest I don't think you will get anywhere near the top 2.

Bothroyd, Chopra, Bellamy is a devastating front line you now have not got. Will be interesting to see who you recruit because losing some of your best players who are not easy to replace either is a massive blow.

Thankyou Stan. I am now convinced we will get up automatically.......because your predictions last season were way off the mark!!!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:38 am

d20 wrote:got to be honest annis ,i really dont see us doing anything ...theres gonna be big changes and whith the new manager unless he gets a good start i think we,ll be lucky if we,re 10th....hope im wrong but im just getting bad feelings as to who we,re gonna get.

Even tougher now without Hughton or Di Matteo not being chosen.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:44 am

skybluebird wrote:

Thankyou Stan. I am now convinced we will get up automatically.......because your predictions last season were way off the mark!!!

What that I thought you'd go up?

Shock horror 99% of your fan base thought the same.

Under achievers & a shit gaffer to blame mate. ;)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
d20 wrote:got to be honest annis ,i really dont see us doing anything ...theres gonna be big changes and whith the new manager unless he gets a good start i think we,ll be lucky if we,re 10th....hope im wrong but im just getting bad feelings as to who we,re gonna get.

Even tougher now without Hughton or Di Matteo not being chosen.

exactly ...i think we have another jones....just my opinion.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:12 pm

all depends on how bad the Malaysians want promotion ! if they want us to get promoted then they will have a big budget for the new man lets hope so :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Zabier wrote:I think Brighton might surprise a lot of people as well. The parallels between them and Norwich are ridiculous. I will be happy with mid-table slightly pushing for the playoffs this season to be honest. :ayatollah:

me to zab's :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:22 pm

going to be a tough season most def...... but still believe we will be in the top 6 come the end of next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:24 pm

I really wouldn't be bothered with midtable as long as we're playing better football, give our youngsters a shot and players and a manager who are comminted to the club.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
skybluebird wrote:

This ^^^^

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
skybluebird wrote:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:33 pm

All i want is a team on the pitch that won't crumble when the going gets tough. If the players selected give 100 per cent and lose to a better team then yo can't really grumble. I should have been a poet, crumble followed by grumble, class. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Don't worry about other teams keep the faith.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Fair assessment, we need to build from the back and a good spine, I would like a better Keeper, Centre half, Central midfielder and a big striker and left back plus more player'a, this is a very tough job this season..............

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:26 pm

"Tough times never last, tough people do." :lol:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:44 pm

And is that so tragic? As long as the season sees us bring in some young, talented players who are willing to play and give 100% for the club and we gel together as a club, not just the team on the pitch, then I'll happily take the drop in the table if it means it's a step on a platform towards the thing we all want.

I will add again that anybody trying to predict anything in the Championship ever is extremely stupid and very naive.

Anything - and I mean anything - can happen in this league and that's why I love it.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:51 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Fair assessment, we need to build from the back and a good spine, I would like a better Keeper, Centre half, Central midfielder and a big striker and left back plus more player'a, this is a very tough job this season..............

That sounds like a very expensive list there mate.

What kind of calibre of player do you expect the board to sanction?

Mackay is a good manager imo but a cheap option if we're honest. Is that a sign of things to come?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Annis you forgot Brighton on your list, I think they're a very strong team who can do well.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:18 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:"Tough times never last, tough people do." :lol:

:lol:

Very True Saying :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:31 am

I can only see Cardiff going down this season, mid table at the very best. The time has come for you to start building a team. 1 maybe 2 relegations before you can start progressing forward. If you're honest you'll agree that having been a few years ahead of Swansea in development 3-4 years ago, the Swans are now light years ahead of you, it could be anything from 5 -10 years before you'll catch up with Wales number 1 premier league side.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:13 am

I don't think the division is much tougher than last year for the fight for play off spots, no-one has got any better yet from what they were last year it's just we've got a lot worse.

It will be harder for us, but not because the league is any tougher though.

West Ham and Birmingham will be expected for automatic promotion of course.

But then there lies the rest.

People say ipswich, Burnley, Hull, Pompey and Boro but they won't be any stronger than last year unless they make big changes.

Leeds, Forest, Reading, Blackpool (big maybe), Leicester will be close but they were this year gone as well.

People's perspective on the difficulty on the division has been distorted because of us getting worst.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Perhaps we should have kept Dave Jones and the 'Rat Pack' drinking team then??
At least we will have all known where we were. We'd know for a fact that we were
capable of beating anyone in the division, and that we were also more than capable
of throwing away a lead or losing five or six games on the bounce. Come to think
of it, bring back Ridsdale... at least we knew where we were with him :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I wont go over old ground, But last Season was Probably Our Easiest Ever chance in the last 10 years of getting promoted to the Premiership, Championship was very Weak, Yet We had a Top 2 Squad on paper.

THIS SEASON.

MY OPINION. TEAMS TO REALLY WATCH OUT FOR

WESTHAM and BIRMINGHAM TOP 4 .
Middlesborough Dark horses I really feel Top 6.
Leeds/Southampton/Notts Forest/Leicester/Blackpool/Hull C/Burnley/Pompey/Reading/Ipswich ALL Potential play off teams at least.

TOUGH SEASON AHEAD FOR US, SO WE WILL NEED A GOOD EXPERIENCED MANAGER, PLEASE MR VT/TG, Don't leave the Decision to Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitley, to Decide Our Future. I hope Lennie Lawrences opinions are taken on board.

WE NEED TO HAVE THIS SORTED EARLY PART OF THIS WEEK :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nothing but consolidation I fear