Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Good Partenership Upfront?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 am

I was thinking of a big forward and fast goal scorer partnership and i thought Robert Earnshaw and Emile Heskey would be perfect! Emile is strong and would be good at Championship level and Earnie is proven to be good playing for Nottingham Forest. Ideas?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Good Partenership Upfront?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:10 am

I heard Heskey was going to Leicester?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:12 am

Would rather see Parkin given a chance than us blow wages on Emile Heskey.

When Bellamy played as a forward towards the end of the season we all saw the Craig we used to know who terrorized premiership and international defenders. He has to be part of the front line next season - if we get him back that is!!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:20 am

Ricardo Fuller and Earnshaw would be a great partnership too. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:39 am

I Never really Liked Parkin (From around the 60 Mins hes played) His goal was awesome but he hasn't really done anything when he came on. I reckon we should give him more playtime but try him out in pre season matches first for full 90 mins. :mrgreen:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 am

NashCCFC wrote:I Never really Liked Parkin (From around the 60 Mins hes played) His goal was awesome but he hasn't really done anything when he came on. I reckon we should give him more playtime but try him out in pre season matches first for full 90 mins. :mrgreen:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree with you, maybe tie a clarks pie to the ball so he wont stop chasing it? :lol:

I would like to see him play 90mins in the pre season, well we will be seeing it if the club dont sort the manager situation out. :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:10 am

Gonzo wrote:Would rather see Parkin given a chance than us blow wages on Emile Heskey.

When Bellamy played as a forward towards the end of the season we all saw the Craig we used to know who terrorized premiership and international defenders. He has to be part of the front line next season - if we get him back that is!!

Bellamy was a class above Chopra

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:31 am

Id be interested to see if Michael Owen is going to remain at Utd. If not, I wonder........

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:39 am

See my comments on Earnie:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49085

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:51 am

Le fondre & Carew :old:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:52 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Le fondre & Carew :old:

How much would Fondre be? He's a massive player for Rotherham. :ayatollah:

Would be interesting to see how he does in this league though. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:Ricardo Fuller and Earnshaw would be a great partnership too. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Along those lines I agree, but Bellamy and ????

I would have like Marlon King, I know he's a pr!ck but a useful one, maybe fuller could still do the job ???? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Le fondre & Carew :old:

How much would Fondre be? He's a massive player for Rotherham. :ayatollah:

Would be interesting to see how he does in this league though. :ayatollah:

Anywhere between £1.5-3m.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Le Fondre will not come cheap but if there are funds to invest you need a decent striker who can get you 15-20 goals a season. Basically he would be an expensive Chopra. He has score 50 goals in the last two years albeit at a lower level.

He would be a good signing.