Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Mackay...

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:30 am

Hello, Hornet fan in peace.

If you manage to get Malky mackay, you will be getting an excellent young manager that is improving with every game. He makes quite a few mistakes though, in regards to tactics and sub choices. He has proved though he can work on a tight budget, and is good with the youngsters coming through.

I'd be gutted if he goes.

The question is this: Would you expect an immediate promotion, or would you be willing to give him a couple of years ? You give him 2/3 years on your player budget and your going up.

Re: Malky Mackay...

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:37 am

If he hasn't got them promoted by November then the knives will be out :o

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:46 am

NJ73 wrote:If he hasn't got them promoted by November then the knives will be out :o

thought so.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:55 am

hollywood wrote:Hello, Hornet fan in peace.

If you manage to get Malky mackay, you will be getting an excellent young manager that is improving with every game. He makes quite a few mistakes though, in regards to tactics and sub choices. He has proved though he can work on a tight budget, and is good with the youngsters coming through.

The question is this: Would you expect an immediate promotion, or would you be willing to give him a couple of years ? You give him 2/3 years on your player budget and your going up.

Mrs Malky I take it? :old:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:45 am

I think you will find that we 'expected' promotion this season.

There is nothing to lose next season.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:38 am

hollywood wrote:
NJ73 wrote:If he hasn't got them promoted by November then the knives will be out :o

thought so.

Mate ignore this post its just another Swansea fan obsessed with Cardiff trawling this board..

Good of you to come on and share your view of Malkay. I recon that the answer to your question depends on what funds he is given in the next few weeks. If the funds are low, and it is communicated to us by the board that we are in a period of consolidation then I reckon people will be patient. Providing he conects with the fans in a way that Dave Jones failed to do in recent seasons.
However if the Malyasians splash the cash then it will be make or break for Malkay.

I hope he comes to us and I hope you are able to replace him with some quality. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:04 am

If he put together a young side on an average budget that improved as the season went on, I think the fans and board would stick by him.

Cardiff are also crying out for a manager our fans can take to. Dave Jones distances himself from supporters so much, that he is the only Cardiff manager I can ever remember where the fans never sang his name.

Also DJ never had any tactics and never gave youngsters a chance.

To me Cardiff should be looking for a Mackay type manager.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:11 am

Magners wrote:

If he put together a young side on an average budget that improved as the season went on, I think the fans and board would stick by him.

Cardiff are also crying out for a manager our fans can take to. Dave Jones distances himself from supporters so much, that he is the only Cardiff manager I can ever remember where the fans never sang his name.

Also DJ never had any tactics and never gave youngsters a chance.

To me Cardiff should be looking for a Mackay type manager.

I heartily concur. Would be a great appointment.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:12 am

He will be given time but fans will expect promotion.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:52 am

Unsure of tactics, uncertain of substitutions. Has he ever worked with Dave Jones?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:14 pm

surroundedbysaxons wrote:Unsure of tactics, uncertain of substitutions. Has he ever worked with Dave Jones?

If malky was your manager last season, with your squad, he would of taken you up.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Be fair, first week of December at least.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:28 pm

TBH with ccfc i expect nothing and anything else is a bonus. What i want is a manager that can motivate, bring in youngsters, install some discipline and appreciate the loyal fans. If he joins and we finish mid table -i'll be disappointed but we need to rebuild.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:34 pm

if you're in the bottom 3 in january brenda will be gone anyway. :lol: