Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Bellamy. Good for the club?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:47 pm

I HAVE A FEELING OF DEJA VU !!!
I watched Coventry City during the '87 season :old: when they won the F.A. cup.
I watched them in the qtr final, semi final and final and also travelled up from South Wales to watch their last 14 home league games.
They played like a TEAM that thought they could not be beaten a side made up of players who were not Big time Charlies.
The spirit within the club was amazing!! Even when they went 1-0 down in the final in less than 2 minutes i had a genuine belief that they would still prevail. History proved they did.
They also had a manager who was a real CHARACTER....(Snozzer).
NOW THE DEJA VU POINT.......After that fantastic season they bought in a so called Superstar for a large transfer fee and on huge wages, David Speedie, from Chelsea who had a reputation of being a real troublemaker...and so it proved to be the case.
The TEAM spirit disappeared, players who would have run through a brick wall the season before were never the same and the manager LOST the changing room. The club struggled all season and finished in a lowly league position (and also lost to non league Sutton United) and the manager was subsequently sacked.
Does anyone think that the same sort of thing might have happened when Craig Bellamy came to us?

Re: Craig Bellamy. Good for the club?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:51 pm

Midfield general wrote:This post isn't worth replying too. :roll:

Why?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:56 pm

Midfield general wrote:
skybluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:This post isn't worth replying too. :roll:

Why?

because if you are such a big fan as you'd stated you are then you would know the answer

Sorry don't understand. Thought this was a forum designed for debating...not for guesswork?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:59 pm

Come on lads have a debate, Adam lighten up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:01 am

Can someone please name me one club where Bellamy has been "good for the club"?

Cheers ;)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:01 am

NJ73 wrote:Can someone please name me one club where Bellamy has been "good for the club"?

Cheers ;)

CARDIFF CITY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Can someone please name me one club where Bellamy has been "good for the club"?

Cheers ;)

In what way?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:04 am

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers ;)

In what way?

Leadership/Desire to succeed/to Win and pure Class :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It was Dave Jones Who Fucked up.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Would you say he undermined the manager at all?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:08 am

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The Manager was a prat and hand no RESPECT From our players.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The Manager was a prat and hand no RESPECT From our players.

That doesn't really answer the question though!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:12 am

Shy, I think he will be of tremendous value next season, new manager, new players, incredible pressure before the season starts to succeed, whoever gets the job is going to need a lot of help to steer the course for next season. The good thing with Bellers is he "gets it"

NJ fair point but I think DJ had so lost the dressing room anyway whether Bellers impacted that or not probably made little difference as we saw at the end of the season with player attitude, going on the piss etc

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:13 am

It was Dave Jones Who Fucked up.[/quote]
Annis I am not having a dig at Craig Bellamy i was just wondering if some think his arrival had a negative effect on the dressing room and if it did was Dave Jones too weak to take control......or did he have no choice about Bellamy coming to the club and could'nt handle the situation?
I love Craig Bellamy's PASSION DESIRE and EFFORT. If only others in the team had these attributes then perhaps we would have been more successful. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:32 am

skybluebird wrote:I HAVE A FEELING OF DEJA VU !!!
I watched them in the qtr final, semi final and final and also travelled up from South Wales to watch their last 14 home league games.
They played like a TEAM that thought they could not be beaten a side made up of players who were not Big time Charlies.
The spirit within the club was amazing!! Even when they went 1-0 down in the final in less than 2 minutes i had a genuine belief that they would still prevail. History proved they did.
NOW THE DEJA VU POINT.......After that fantastic season they bought in a so called Superstar for a large transfer fee and on huge wages, David Speedie, from Chelsea who had a reputation of being a real troublemaker...and so it proved to be the case.
The TEAM spirit disappeared, players who would have run through a brick wall the season before were never the same and the manager LOST the changing room. The club struggled all season and finished in a lowly league position (and also lost to non league Sutton United) and the manager was subsequently sacked.
Does anyone think that the same sort of thing might have happened when Craig Bellamy came to us?

So in 87 you were a Coventry fan not Cardiff??

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:40 am

Good points to be fair!

However, Bellamy is anything but a 'big time charlie'... he can be a nightmare, he can be a
pain in the arse, but the reason most players who have played WITH him get on with him is
that they all know gives 100%. He was excellent for this club last season, Bothroyd needed the
kick up the arse and Bellers was instrumental in him scoring all those goals. Bellamy gave all
our players a huge lift, but sadly, we carried passengers all season, people who aren't prepared
to fight for the ball, their team mates, the club or the fans. Bellamy is different class

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:51 am

However, Bellamy is anything but a 'big time charlie'... he can be a nightmare, he can be a
pain in the arse, but the reason most players who have played WITH him get on with him is
that they all know gives 100%. He was excellent for this club last season, Bothroyd needed the
kick up the arse and Bellers was instrumental in him scoring all those goals. Bellamy gave all
our players a huge lift, but sadly, we carried passengers all season, people who aren't prepared
to fight for the ball, their team mates, the club or the fans. Bellamy is different class

well said mate i agree he's diffrent class to lot thats why he's cardiff born and cardiff bred the passion shows it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:23 am

BELLANY BROUGHT CLASS ,DRIVE AND PASSION TO THE CLUB. APART FROM SUPER KEV AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS NO PLAYERS GAVE THEIR ALL JUST SAT AND COLLECTED FAT WAGES. IT WAS JONES THAT SCREWED UP JUST AS HE DID THE PREVIOUS SEASON. BELLERS IS MAGIC. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:10 am

moonboots wrote:

So in 87 you were a Coventry fan not Cardiff??

Not really. I am from Coventry originally and had the chance to go to the F.A. cup quarter final at Hillsborough. The game was brilliant and unfortunately I got hooked on entertaining football!! I am sorry to admit that i was a Plastic but thank God i came back from the Dark side and am now a true Bluebird (Sad as it may be I have also followed Wales abroad)
I AM A VERY CONFUSED WENGLISH MAN!!!!!!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:11 pm

It makes me sick when i read some of the crap people post on this forum especially this shit " GOOD FOR THE CLUB" . Are you that stupid that you couldnt see or understand what this proud Welsh man brought to the club . Firstly he brought passion something you obviously lack , desire to win which im afraid 90% of the rest of the team wouldnt know what it meant or how to achieve it . Im a City supporter who travels regularly from Ireland to watch my team who up until Craig came lacked passion desire and honesty . Craig gave 100% everytime he pulled any shirt on , and he wore the City shirt with unbelievable pride . Enough said i think you can work out for yourself what i think of your ludicrous post and in my reply you can try and work out what you think my answer to your daft post is .If you cant maybe you can get a child to work it out for you Dafto . ;)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:24 pm

clintysablue wrote:It makes me sick when i read some of the crap people post on this forum especially this shit " GOOD FOR THE CLUB" . Are you that stupid that you couldnt see or understand what this proud Welsh man brought to the club . Firstly he brought passion something you obviously lack , desire to win which im afraid 90% of the rest of the team wouldnt know what it meant or how to achieve it . Im a City supporter who travels regularly from Ireland to watch my team who up until Craig came lacked passion desire and honesty . Craig gave 100% everytime he pulled any shirt on , and he wore the City shirt with unbelievable pride . Enough said i think you can work out for yourself what i think of your ludicrous post and in my reply you can try and work out what you think my answer to your daft post is .If you cant maybe you can get a child to work it out for you Dafto . ;)

Not much more i can add to that - Well said clintysablue :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Glad you liked my post TOPCAT CCFC , i stand by everthing Bellers is a man of true integrity pride and passion unfortunately too many people lack these . I have had the pleasure of meeting and been in the company of Craig on a few occassions and i can honestly say the man's a gem of which Cymru should be proud . Cant wait to return to Cardiff and see my friends at the Tavi .. ;)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:51 pm

Before i go one last thing one last thing to SKYBLUEBIRD you are more than confused WENGLISH i'd say your more dillusional , im IRISH and proud , Craigs WELSH and extremely proud your english but would love to be WELSH,your one of the many sad english who arent sure who or what they are . Up the Celts

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:33 am

clintysablue wrote:It makes me sick when i read some of the crap people post on this forum especially this shit " GOOD FOR THE CLUB" . Are you that stupid that you couldnt see or understand what this proud Welsh man brought to the club . Firstly he brought passion something you obviously lack , desire to win which im afraid 90% of the rest of the team wouldnt know what it meant or how to achieve it . Im a City supporter who travels regularly from Ireland to watch my team who up until Craig came lacked passion desire and honesty . Craig gave 100% everytime he pulled any shirt on , and he wore the City shirt with unbelievable pride . Enough said i think you can work out for yourself what i think of your ludicrous post and in my reply you can try and work out what you think my answer to your daft post is .If you cant maybe you can get a child to work it out for you Dafto . ;)

i agree with the content of this post but if this isnt an example of the "sniping" i hear so often about on this forum, which will go unnoticed because the point he's making is right.... then i dont know what is
"this shit", "are you that stupid?", "get a child to work it out for you" etc etc...

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Its not sniping its stating the obvious facts Scott what other club forum would slate their best player.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:52 pm

clintysablue wrote:Its not sniping its stating the obvious facts Scott what other club forum would slate their best player.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sorry I think that you may have the wrong end of the stick. The point I was trying to debate was not that Craig Bellamy was good for the team as I have already agreed i love his Passion Fire and enthusiasm what i was meaning to say was did the other players think he was a big time Charlie who was overpaid (in comparison to them) and COULD this have had a disrupting influence?
With regards to what i feel are unwarrented digs at me....with respect i am a total stranger to you...you do not know me..and am i under the wrong impression as i thought this was a debating forum where a person could make a civilised point that should be discussed maturely :?:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Clintysablue I am a new participant on this messageboard. I have read the contributions to this board for about 9 months and decided to join following Annis's kind invitation to new members. I attempted to start a reasoned debate with my topic about whether Craig Bellamy joining the club MAY have had a damaging effect (whilst highlighting what was in my opinion a similar experience at the club which i supported prior to moving to South Wales). I was to say the least SUPRISED at your response. Just to let you know i LOVE the City passionately and would love for every member of the team to have Craig Bellamy's desire to succeed. Undoubtedly no matter who joins a playing staff the manager should be able to manage the personel. My question was could the original members of the team 'handle' Craig's arrival. Please try to refrain from making personal observations against someone you don't know. Whether I am English Welsh Irish or a Martian surely i have a right to support the City? A FELLOW BLUEBIRD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 pm

why is this debate crap he mad some good points an there is no need to slag him off if it made you that sick
dont reply to it

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Im sorry if you found my previous post offensive , but in few of your previous post your insinuating that Bellers some how unsettled the team , then when another post challenges you on Craig you you love his passion determination blah blah ,then in a later post you say the manager should be left to run the team . I dont think anyone apart from Dave Jones or Craig himself can say that he at any time underminded the manager or tried to be a big time Charlie its just not in his nature . Craig is person who gives all and expects his team mates to do the same unfortuately the majority lacked his conviction and drive ,he cant be faulted for their failties . Once again im sorry to have to explain this again but passion and desire is something we Celts share , i cant help it if your English Coventry/? Cardiff fan . Slan mo chara :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Listen Sleepers who woke you up ,read the posts hes as good as underminding or best player then that titter tatter he loves Craigs passion and determination hogswash he should try politics he'd be good at riding 2 horses at 1 time . Oops hes fell :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: blue army

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:07 am

skybluebird wrote:

Clintysablue I am a new participant on this messageboard. I have read the contributions to this board for about 9 months and decided to join following Annis's kind invitation to new members. I attempted to start a reasoned debate with my topic about whether Craig Bellamy joining the club MAY have had a damaging effect (whilst highlighting what was in my opinion a similar experience at the club which i supported prior to moving to South Wales). I was to say the least SUPRISED at your response. Just to let you know i LOVE the City passionately and would love for every member of the team to have Craig Bellamy's desire to succeed. Undoubtedly no matter who joins a playing staff the manager should be able to manage the personel. My question was could the original members of the team 'handle' Craig's arrival. Please try to refrain from making personal observations against someone you don't know. Whether I am English Welsh Irish or a Martian surely i have a right to support the City? A FELLOW BLUEBIRD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well said skybluebird and welcome to the forum, I can see the point you are making in your original post and after reading it I think you could be right. I'd like to take my hat off to you also, born in Coventry and I assume brought up there and now you are a die hard Cardiff City fan, I can't fault you mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: