Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Bellamy and the £4million price tag.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:06 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml
:? :?

Re: Craig Bellamy and the £4million price tag.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Craig Bellamy stunned after Manchester City demand £4m for striker
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:42 PM on 11th June 2011

Manchester City have placed a £4million price-tag on Craig Bellamy and put him on a collision course with boss Roberto Mancini.
Bellamy was stunned that they are demanding any fee for him.

City's tough stance has scared off Everton and Bolton but, having paid the bulk of Bellamy's wages during his loan to Cardiff, they do not see why they should let a player who cost them £15m and has two years left on his contract go for nothing.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:11 pm

I thought he had 1 year left :?:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:12 pm

And they obviously don't mention that City is the most likely place he'll be at next season (bearing in mind what Carl said) and that CB has stated he wants to stay at CCFC ! Another shoddy piece of 'journalism' :roll:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Bolton and Everton ? He's already said that he won't play for any PL club !

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Midfield general wrote:He'll go on another strike

Correct Mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Just a small note i'm not saying I believe this, just thought it was worth putting out there. Bellamy's contract with City ends in 2013, if he won't go anywhere but Cardiff and City won't come up with release some how thats nearly £10million in two years for him to sit and do nothing.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:49 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:And they obviously don't mention that City is the most likely place he'll be at next season (bearing in mind what Carl said) and that CB has stated he wants to stay at CCFC ! Another shoddy piece of 'journalism' :roll:

Soddy journalism or was Carl's update wrong (again). I hope Carl turns out to be right but we will have to wait and see won't we!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Why should they let him go for nothing?? If someone wants him enough then they will pay the asking price, or at least close to it

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:24 pm

ffs bellamy holds all the aces he dont have to go anywhere he dont want to . man city got to pay him for next 2 seasons at £4.5 million per season, as he will only play for them or us ,they will have to pay him to come to us if they want him off there pay roll ,probable compromise would be something like paying him 1 years salary to rip up his contract, allowing him to come to us on a freebie ,them saving 1 years salary ,this in my oppinion is the most likely outcome , :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: