Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING NEWS: DAYA JUST BROUGHT BARRY TOWN

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:21 pm

Midfield general wrote:He even installed himself as manager and took many of the Cowbridge players over with him!!!

Nice one Daya I know you can bring European football back to the club and an away leg in Amsterdam for us all to attend :lol: :lol: :lol:

the only european football he could bring to barry town is getting sky sports put in the club house and watching la liga! :lol:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:27 am

Sky TV, uner 13 football team, and new furniture throughout the club.... :D

Seriously, Steve Day would be made very welcome at Jenner Park even if he only came to watch.

The stands (2,500), european standard floodlights, the club house, and the pitch are superb - it would be a tragedy if the club ceases to exist after June 28th.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:38 am

he must be off his head to by that club the standard of football his crap

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:46 am

cardiff 74 wrote:he must be off his head to by that club the standard of football his crap

its great honest football cardiff74 ... football played by men/boys that love the sport not the overpaid wankers we watch at ccs .... i love watching tredegar town some weeks who play 2 leagues down! its a reality check that football can still be played honestly and tough at the same time! .... if its true he as bought barry town then good bloody luck with it! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:48 am

Most of the players think they are big time though!! :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:50 am

Claire wrote:Most of the players think they are big time though!! :lol: :lol:

what at barry :shock: must be the flash ford ka`s they drive around in!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:10 am

To be fair, some of the most arrogant people I know are the semi professional wannabes who think they're the next Jay Bothroyd or Michael Chopra... when they're not. I always laugh when I mark them out of a game because I'm reasonably shit so that says it all!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:23 am

Midfield General calm down !!!!

Eveyone else ignore him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:27 am

AHERNE wrote:
Midfield general wrote:He even installed himself as manager and took many of the Cowbridge players over with him!!!

Nice one Daya I know you can bring European football back to the club and an away leg in Amsterdam for us all to attend :lol: :lol: :lol:

the only european football he could bring to barry town is getting sky sports put in the club house and watching la liga! :lol:

cheeky git !!! more chance o me doing that than you beating Steve Ovett today !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:39 am

Daya wrote:
AHERNE wrote:

cheeky git !!! more chance o me doing that than you beating Steve Ovett today !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats true! :oops:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:54 am

Nice one Daya I know you can bring European football back to the club and an away leg in Amsterdam for us all to attend :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
the only european football he could bring to barry town is getting sky sports put in the club house and watching la liga! :lol:[/quote]

cheeky git !!! more chance o me doing that than you beating Steve Ovett today !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
thats true! :oops:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:57 am

AHERNE wrote:
Claire wrote:Most of the players think they are big time though!! :lol: :lol:

what at barry :shock: must be the flash ford ka`s they drive around in!

Not now I`m sure , but almost certainly true not that long ago when they had some very expensive players on the books for that level of football.

At one time they had the likes of Akinfenwe , Jarman and Moralees all on full time professional wages (and an ex West Ham player - as manager) and ("Prince")John Fashanu going round pretending he owned them when gates were only about 300.

It was shambolic.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:42 pm

AHERNE wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:he must be off his head to by that club the standard of football his crap

its great honest football cardiff74 ... football played by men/boys that love the sport not the overpaid wankers we watch at ccs .... i love watching tredegar town some weeks who play 2 leagues down! its a reality check that football can still be played honestly and tough at the same time! .... if its true he as bought barry town then good bloody luck with it! :ayatollah:

well if afan lido my former club ever play you i hope you will come to port talbot and ill have a drink with you lido are back in the league of wales know but i stil dont think the football is brilliant

Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:16 pm

id buy barry town if i had the money :oops:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:08 pm

You are so wrong - the footballers at Barry Town are honest, pay for nothing (last season) and very talented. The same could be said for many other Welsh League players. It's a shame more people don't go and see for themselves.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:34 pm

barry boy wrote:

You are so wrong - the footballers at Barry Town are honest, pay for nothing (last season) and very talented. The same could be said for many other Welsh League players. It's a shame more people don't go and see for themselves.

you dont realize i used to play for afan lido in those leagues and i was one of the honest who played for nothing