Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Germaine Greer is an absolute disgrace!!!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Yes, I saw it.

People attacking Greer's comments are generally those with an agenda or basically unable to understand it.

Interesting no such outcry against Peter Hitchens comment.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:15 am

"Yesterday Miss Greer – who claimed in 1995 that she had been raped at a barbecue as a 19-year-old."

She's obviously still traumatised but using her access to the media to brand all as men being the same as her attacker is self pitiful.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:29 am

No doubt she was asking for it. Someone probably got the wrong idea when she asked for a sausage :roll:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:46 am

Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:No doubt she was asking for it. Someone probably got the wrong idea when she asked for a sausage :roll:

Bloke joke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:50 am

I've studied feminism a fair bit as part of doing work in communications and the two things I've come to understand are...

- Those with the most outrageous and extreme views are always the ones who shout loudest (like pretty much anything really).

- There's always a catalyst for these extreme views. Whether it's assault or lack of exposure to the other sex etc.

I don't really have much time for the likes of Greer, but then again I don't really have much time for the Daily Mail and other people/establishments with ridiculous ideas.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:12 am

nerd wrote:Yes, I saw it.

People attacking Greer's comments are generally those with an agenda or basically unable to understand it.

What did Hitchens say?? I hate him. Out of touch, pompous wanker that he is

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:26 am

Midfield general wrote:Anyone see question time last night..?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pists.html

She's a very bitter woman.

It's probably borne out of frustration that she hasn't had a good shagging since she was 19.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:22 am

probably a sure case of penis envy :D :D

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:39 am

Nottage Blue wrote:

Good question... what did he say?

I will be watching this episode on iplayer now and doubtless will form my own opinion on this but if the quotes are verbatim, and they appear to have been put in some context by the Mail, frankly what she has said is indefensible and slanderous.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:50 am

just watched it
She is a nasty twisted cow

Saying that a dad kissing his his daughters is a sexual thing is offensive

Implying that our soldiers would rape Libyan women if we invaded was even worse

Hitchin is a star

Whats Libya got to do with us
vast amounts of foreign aid goes to corrupt evil dictators.
Theres problems at home to sort first

Even worse was the evil Young ginger girl who insisted on telling us about her time in Nepal and ranted
"let me Finish " like violet elizabeth Bott

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:50 am

Hitchens, predicatbly for a man with his outdated opinion on things, writes for the Mail so they're never going to slate him over anything

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:53 am

I understand her comments perfectly thank you. She is suggesting my son and his mates
are capable of rape.

SHE IS A DISGUSTING, BITTER, MAN HATING C*NT AND SHOULD BE SHIPPED THE f**k
OFF BACK TO AUSTRALIA OR WHEREVER SHE'S FROM.

Oh and i have no agenda in saying what ive just said

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm

this is my take on that slag

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Mafor wrote:just watched it
She is a nasty twisted cow

Saying that a dad kissing his his daughters is a sexual thing is offensive

Implying that our soldiers would rape Libyan women if we invaded was even worse

Hitchin is a star

Whats Libya got to do with us
vast amounts of foreign aid goes to corrupt evil dictators.
Theres problems at home to sort first

Even worse was the evil Young ginger girl who insisted on telling us about her time in Nepal and ranted
"let me Finish " like violet elizabeth Bott

We are in the UN and us and the yanks are pretty much the big boys who if asked BY the UN to "peace keep" or save people lives we will do it.
Yes alot of foreign aid goes to corrupt evil dictators, we're currently taking down one corrupt evil dictator in Libya who ordered his troops to rape women and use it as a weapon against the rebels. But what countries with in the UN are doing now are giving the rebels alot of money (aid if you like) for food supplies, fuel,ammunition and anything else they need. THATS the type of aid we need to be doing, DIRECT AID.
Problems at home? a mass reform of the banks, kick out the coalition and let the civilians run this country.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:13 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

I will be watching this episode on iplayer now and doubtless will form my own opinion on this but if the quotes are verbatim, and they appear to have been put in some context by the Mail, frankly what she has said is indefensible and slanderous.

Hitchens comment, (paraphrasing)

"Why should we care about a dictator allegedly ordering troops to rape as a weapon when there are unsolved rape cases in the UK".

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:14 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Nerd, any news on this?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:17 pm

nerd wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Hitchens comment, (paraphrasing)

"Why should we care about a dictator allegedly ordering troops to rape as a weapon when there are unsolved rape cases in the UK

Wow...coming from a christian...arent christians supposed to be "all loving" and not wanting this shite to happen? we are part of the UN, we will be going out to alot of countries, quite rightfully too, Syria next i hope.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:17 pm

taffyapple wrote:

I understand her comments perfectly thank you. She is suggesting my son and his mates
are capable of rape.

So basically, utter garbage gleaned from reading the article rather than watching the programme, then.

Her point was in war situations, at great times of stress, people can do things utterly out of character, rape included. Her point, which I don't agree fully with but she has the perfect right to air, is that all troops of all nations *can* rape and in some cases *do* rape.

Hence whilst there's a natural uproar about such an alleged action being made by a leader, it's naive to bury your head under the sand and pretend *individuals* don't commit rape elsewhere.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:03 pm

What a twisted bitch.
It's shameful she's been given the time of day and a platform to spit out such hateful and ignorant comments.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:10 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:What a twisted bitch.
It's shameful she's been given the time of day and a platform to spit out such hateful and ignorant comments.

Except it was neither hateful nor ignorant if you actually bothered to a) watch the show rather than relying upon Daily Heil headlines and b) understood the point being made.

Only an absolute idiot would think Greer was claiming all the British troops do is rape... as some would seem to think was claimed...

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:30 pm

nerd wrote:

Except it was neither hateful nor ignorant if you actually bothered to a) watch the show rather than relying upon Daily Heil headlines and b) understood the point being made.

Only an absolute idiot would think Greer was claiming all the British troops do is rape... as some would seem to think was claimed...

What is worse is the people on here making jokes about her attack when she was a teenager. :rolls:

With attitudes like that, you can understand why the feminists hold the views they do about men in general (not saying i condone it)

The sad fact of the matter is there is a noisy minority (some would say majority) of men who believe rape is something that is not important. Hence the jokes. As i woman, i find the jokes extremely offensive regardless of the situation.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:43 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
nerd wrote:

What is worse is the people on here making jokes about her attack when she was a teenager. :rolls:

With attitudes like that, you can understand why the feminists hold the views they do about men in general (not saying i condone it)

The sad fact of the matter is there is a noisy minority (some would say majority) of men who believe rape is something that is not important. Hence the jokes. As i woman, i find the jokes extremely offensive regardless of the situation.

Agree phatfrog. Rape is a heinous crime. To joke about it is pathetic frankly. I also agree with the comments made elsewhere , that in war like situations rape and attacks on women and children most certainly do happen.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:47 pm

No, what is more shameful is the twisted and ignorant comments of posters here who didn't watch the programme to understand what she said and the context for it, and then go on to make limp jokes about rape and people who stand up against the normalisation of rape.

Nerd and PhatFrog have got it right.

I don't personally like Germaine Greer or agree with a lot of her views - but some of the comments in this thread are (your word) shameful.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:33 am

nerd wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

are capable of rape.

So basically, utter garbage gleaned from reading the article rather than watching the programme, then.

Her point was in war situations, at great times of stress, people can do things utterly out of character, rape included. Her point, which I don't agree fully with but she has the perfect right to air, is that all troops of all nations *can* rape and in some cases *do* rape.

Hence whilst there's a natural uproar about such an alleged action being made by a leader, it's naive to bury your head under the sand and pretend *individuals* don't commit rape elsewhere.

Do you have kids? I do. He's over in Afghanistan risking getting his arms and legs off and some bitter
twisted lesbian 'suggests' that the extreme stress of a war environment 'could' lead him to
dragging an innocent girl into a hut, punch f**k out of her, tear her clothes off. force his cock
up inside her, then probably finish her off with a round to the head. She has mental issues
and men are her sworn enemy.

Whats your excuse?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:23 am

Taffy

Why do you fetch her sexualitt into it? Perhaps you shouldnt take things so personally. She has never accused your son of rape has she? What she said ia that in warzone, SOME people are capable of atrocious things, including rape.

My brother is also in the army. He's never been to Afghan (for medical reasons) but he served in Iraq twice. Now i know my brother wouldnt rape or murder, as im sure you know your son wouldnt. But both he and my father (who was in the army for 20yrs and served in the first gulf war) have said there are one or two in the army who like the violence too much. Now this is an absolute teeny tiny minority.

Hand on heart, would you say that no British soldier has raped a woman in a warzone since we have been in Iraq and Afghan?
Im a supporter of the governments actions in Afghan and im a supporter of the British Army. But there are soldiers who have raped and murdered in a warzone. Greer's point is valid. Although she doesnt say ALL soldiers would do it.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:42 am

PhatFrog wrote:Taffy

Why do you fetch her sexualitt into it? Perhaps you shouldnt take things so personally. She has never accused your son of rape has she? What she said ia that in warzone, SOME people are capable of atrocious things, including rape.

My brother is also in the army. He's never been to Afghan (for medical reasons) but he served in Iraq twice. Now i know my brother wouldnt rape or murder, as im sure you know your son wouldnt. But both he and my father (who was in the army for 20yrs and served in the first gulf war) have said there are one or two in the army who like the violence too much. Now this is an absolute teeny tiny minority.

Hand on heart, would you say that no British soldier has raped a woman in a warzone since we have been in Iraq and Afghan?
Im a supporter of the governments actions in Afghan and im a supporter of the British Army. But there are soldiers who have raped and murdered in a warzone. Greer's point is valid. Although she doesnt say ALL soldiers would do it.

Her sexuality? lol i love women. But she despises the male of the species.

There ARE soldiers that have raped and murdered in war zones, but its because of a
breakdown of law and the foul bastards who commit crimes like this are exactly the
same ones who would be doing it outside of a war zone. The word rape is offensive
to me, its disgusting. Its worse than murder. To suggest that 'war' and the stresses
involved are prone to bring out the 'beast' in men (which is what she has done) is both
ill-informed and smacks of bitterness.

What she has intimated is that British Soldiers, in a war zone, in that environment
are more likely somehow to commit rape than if they were in Britain. What a load
of absolute bollocks. Where is the evidence?

There is no more evidence to say that Asda workers are more likely to commit rape
because the check-out tills drive them batty.

Good old Britain eh? them soldiers will fight tooth and nail for her right to call them rapists

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:48 am

Furthermore. She said that 'in certain circumstances, ALL soldiers are capable of rape'

What she really meant was, all men are capable of rape.

Im flabbergasted anyone is defending the sow

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:54 am

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-XbhT3YXTk

Argues against figures and facts.

Makes up theories about sexualizing girls using their fathers.

Further disgusting comments about any soldiers that would land in Libya.

Make me angry that ignorant feminists like that can go on tv and sprout their drivel.