Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ONE THINGS FOR SURE ....

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Whichever manager has applied for the CCFC job and is/has been prepared to wait the full 3 or 4 weeks really wants to work for Cardiff and has already shown commitment and patience to the club in appreciating that they have to do the right thing...

Holding out for the CCFC job when a number of other quite attractive manageial vacancies are passed up and still available! The names we have being banded about right now haven't taken any other jobs, which must mean that the CCFC vacancy must be quite appealing?

However with 12 players leaving Inc loans returning to parent clubs and burke, chops & jay gone - how will these waiting applicants react?

I guess time will tell .....

Re: ONE THINGS FOR SURE ....

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:56 pm

I agree, if they really are being this patient to find out then they must really want the job, this can only mean a good thing.

Whilst they'll come in with hardly anyone in the squad, that actually invites a massive opportunity to create their own team and put in place their own style.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:59 pm

sammorgz wrote:I agree, if they really are being this patient to find out then they must really want the job, this can only mean a good thing.

Whilst they'll come in with hardly anyone in the squad, that actually invites a massive opportunity to create their own team and put in place their own style.

And in doing that, the crowd can be won over by a guy that has come in, changed the system and can become an instant hero - the opportunity is there, just hope it's the right man for the job!

sammorgz wrote:I agree, if they really are being this patient to find out then they must really want the job, this can only mean a good thing.

spot on

Merlin wrote:Whichever manager has applied for the CCFC job and is/has been prepared to wait the full 3 or 4 weeks really wants to work for Cardiff and has already shown commitment and patience to the club in appreciating that they have to do the right thing...

Holding out for the CCFC job when a number of other quite attractive manageial vacancies are passed up and still available! The names we have being banded about right now haven't taken any other jobs, which must mean that the CCFC vacancy must be quite appealing?

However with 12 players leaving Inc loans returning to parent clubs and burke, chops & jay gone - how will these waiting applicants react?

I guess time will tell .....

spot on merlin :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:03 pm

When the manager is finally announced it would be interesting to know why it has taken so long.

Is that the club is being diligent and taking their time or is it that one of the candidates is making the club wait?

As there have been a few jobs up for grabs it is possible that Cardiff have approached someone like Hughton, Di Matteo, Hughes, MON etc and he has told the club he is waiting to see what happens in the other jobs being he makes his decision? Maybe we are hanging on hoping that one of the better names chooses us? Or it could be more simple, like the candidate is away on hoilday and he has already agreed to take the position and the club have given him permission to finish his holiday before it is announced?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:04 pm

Just shows how attracting the City job is :ayatollah: Another thing for sure is, will all the players gone the manager can put his stamp on the team from the start. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:05 pm

THE DON wrote:When the manager is finally announced it would be interesting to know why it has taken so long.

Is that the club is being diligent and taking their time or is it that one of the candidates is making the club wait?

As there have been a few jobs up for grabs it is possible that Cardiff have approached someone like Hughton, Di Matteo, Hughes, MON etc and he has told the club he is waiting to see what happens in the other jobs being he makes his decision? Maybe we are hanging on hoping that one of the better names chooses us? Or it could be more simple, like the candidate is away on hoilday and he has already agreed to take the position and the club have given him permission to finish his holiday before it is announced?

i no for one thing its driving me nuts :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:52 pm

THE DON wrote:When the manager is finally announced it would be interesting to know why it has taken so long.

If that is the case then the manager will be agreeing to player sales and arranging players to come in?

Let's hope this is closer to the truth... ?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:01 pm

I think if I was going into a club, I'd rather have the opportunity to bring in half the squad myself instead of having 25 players already tied a 2 or more year contracts.