Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Some of the transfer targets suggested on here...

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:20 pm

No offence guys but are they really good enough to get us promoted??

I'm not gonna list all the names now but honestly, just take a look back over posts and although some of the names may be decent players, compare them to the players who played in their position last year or have a think about the clubs they were with previously and what they did there... are they REALLY the quality of player were looking for?

there's only 1 or 2 mentioned on here before now that i would even consider...
we just seem to be throwing names about of any old decent ish player thats a free agent half of the time

all i can say that it's a good job some of us aren't going to be the next Cardiff manager, because i think we'd definitely be watching league 1 football in a year's time if we were...

Re: Some of the transfer targets suggested on here...

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:23 pm

you can have all the quality and skill in the world.

we thought we had that last season... we didnt have the bottle or desire to make it count.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Dazzatim wrote:you can have all the quality and skill in the world.

we thought we had that last season... we didnt have the bottle or desire to make it count.

nah i know but im just saying, if we made a team up of some of the players suggested on here lately, the random free transfers that got released by worse clubs than us
we would have an awful team

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Just because a player is released it doesnt mean they werent good enough or not wanted by the club releasing them.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Just because a player is released it doesnt mean they werent good enough or not wanted by the club releasing them.

i agree, one or two of the names weve mentioned are good enough

the majority clearly arent, in my opinion, if you really think about it instead of just thinking "they're a decent player, lets sign them"