Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CHOPS MOVE COMPLETED TO IPSWICH "

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:04 pm

good luck chops :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that Michael Chopra has today completed his move to Ipswich Town for an undisclosed fee.

Michael leaves Cardiff City with our best wishes and thanks for his memorable contribution to the club during two spells in South Wales. Last season he made thirty seven appearances for the club, scoring eleven goals. He joins the Portman Road club ahead of what would have been the last year of his contract at Cardiff City.

Of the move, Cardiff City chief executive Gethin Jenkins said, "I would like to put on record our thanks and best wishes for Michael and his future career. He has provided us with some fond memories and goals, but it's understandable that he seeks a fresh challenge.

"We now continue the process of securing a manager and a squad to challenge in the Championship next season and will look forward to seeing both Michael and Ipswich at Cardiff City Stadium and Portman Road during the 2011/12 campaign."

Re: Chops MOVE Completed

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 pm

ipswich closer to newcastle! ..... more drunken nights home and friends down! ..... sorry but he ruined everything last year for me!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Good luck Chops !!!!!! f**k him a good for nothing gambler/Alcky he showed no respect to Club or Fans. Good riddance to bad rubbish the same as JLS, Jay, Bywater, That now gets rid of all of them wasters that cost us our Dream.

Re: CHOPS MOVE COMPLETED TO IPSWICH

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:12 pm

How can you compare bothroyd to chopra? bothroyd showed the fans alot of respect chopra on the other hand only cares about his drinking and gambleing the football is just what fuels it all. He wouldent be playing football if he wasnt getting paid so much.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Good luck Chops !!!!!! f**k him a good for nothing gambler/Alcky he showed no respect to Club or Fans. Good riddance to bad rubbish the same as JLS, Jay, Bywater, That now gets rid of all of them wasters that cost us our Dream.

great post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Earnie i say we get in now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:24 pm

CALLING MR. EARNSHAW. YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:24 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:CALLING MR. EARNSHAW. YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

agreed :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:32 pm

For some reason... I can't see this kit fitting him.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:37 pm

I knew his days were numbered down here with all the going ons off the field,which i did'nt approve of.

Most of us who voted on Nukies poll were prepared to give him another chance if he sorted himself out ( 58% ).
But Chops has chosen to leave,and go further East than North...Not what i was told ( closer to Newcastle - family )
I thought he would go to teams such as Leeds - Hull - Boro etc,anything North..But No :o
Well at least he will be re-united with his mate Sparkey Kennady.

Good luck Chops and thanks for what you did on THE FOOTBALL PITCH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:39 pm

tom270790 wrote:How can you compare bothroyd to chopra? bothroyd showed the fans alot of respect chopra on the other hand only cares about his drinking and gambleing the football is just what fuels it all. He wouldent be playing football if he wasnt getting paid so much.

Was Bothroyd not out with the rest of them ? True he may not of been drinking but he still showed the Club and Supporters no respect when he wanted to move in January, and when Jones didn't let him he played as he didn't give a f**k. Harsh maybe but tell me that wasn't the truth !!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:41 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:I knew his days were numbered down here with all the going ons off the field,which i did'nt approve of.

Most of us who voted on Nukies poll were prepared to give him another chance if he sorted himself out ( 58% ).
But Chops has chosen to leave,and go further East than North...Not what i was told ( closer to Newcastle - family )
I thought he would go to teams such as Leeds - Hull - Boro etc,anything North..But No :o

Good luck Chops and thanks for what you did on THE FOOTBALL PITCH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

time to be shot of that profile picture now topcat or we`ll be thinking ewe is a tractor boy! ;) :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Good by good ridance :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Was thinking the same thing with the photo AHERNE ;)

i might put up the one of me and Imogen Thomas,shes Welsh and she has contacts at more than 1 club ;)

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:55 pm

If he keeps drinking and staying out to early hours in the morning. It's won't be long until his hamstring goes again.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Whats that coming over the hill its pissed up Chopra.

Glad he has gone he let us down

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:04 pm

£21,000 a week off our wage bill for a player who was getting out of control with his drinking gambling and seemed to be unable to even control his weight. Good move by the club I think as we can now get in hopefully Earnie although I'm not sure what he is earning at Forest.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:08 pm

AHERNE wrote:ipswich closer to newcastle! ..... more drunken nights home and friends down! ..... sorry but he ruined everything last year for me!

agreed :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:14 pm

I for one am gutted but understand why the club got rid. Unfortunately footballers are paid too much so end up wasting money on Gambling, boozing, hookers and probably in some cases drugs, and then they get hooked etc. Anyway good luck Chops, i always felt that regardless of off the field issues , you always gave 110% when you were on the pitch in a City shirt

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Good luck Chops and I hope for your sake you tackle you're demons that have been troubling you off the field.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Good luck Chops :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:56 pm

I wonder if we will get a message of thanks from Chops like we did from Burke.

I highly doubt it.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:59 pm

:o Im so worried now i feel sick

We only have the beast upfront left :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The managers that are applying for the job are basing there intrest on the squad they have to build from OMG will they still want to come now.

Carl please post something positive and take me away from this window.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:07 pm

What's that going over the hill, its Michael Chopra, its Michael Chopra!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Thanks for bein a bluebird..............BYE :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:35 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:I knew his days were numbered down here with all the going ons off the field,which i did'nt approve of.

Must have been tough for you Tony.

I am not as damning as Nukes, but still time for Chops to move on. It happens in football. Fresh start for all parties concerned.

All the best Michael.

By the way, Imogen's my bird, not Topcat's

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:49 pm

He may be better at Ipswich otherwise the Ipswich manager will not just charge him Jewal will give him a thumping too something Jones should have done.

Can be a great championship striker has had some great games for us and scored some very important goals the one against the Jacks last season at home will always be in my mind he was so gutted in the play off final and was in fits of tears after the game,

so what happend this season? what he did before the Boro game was terrible for a player on his wages and unforgivable and apparently many more ocassions of drinking gambling and he was never as fit as last season so what actually happened.

I am gutted he has gone maybe a new manager could have done something with him but I respect our club getting rid of him too but I am sure as most ex City players do he will bloody score against us :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:46 pm

sod good luck chops.........ipswich are the ones that need the good luck wishes.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Chopra leaving for Ipswitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntg4xY5C7_o

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Think of the positives guys I will never forget this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=O_yWNX-RuX4