Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bothroyd

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:11 am

jaybothroyd Jay bothroyd9
I would never sign for swansea purely cause of my loyalty to Cardiff ..

Just posted on his twitter

Re: Bothroyd

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 am

What Loyalty?

He would sign for anyone who would give him more money than he was on at Cardiff!!! even the Jacks

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:18 am

What was he earning for us? I though he just wanted similar to Chops and Hudsun?

If that was the case, then I would have paid it and got rid of someone else.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:22 am

Preety much any footballer would sign for someone offering more money, bellamy being the exception ofcourse!

I know if i got offered more money for doing the same job at a different company id take it :lol:
Dont buy into all this footballers loyalty stuff, unless a footballer has supported us since a kid, came through our academy and so on their not going to be loyal if someone bigger comes in for them.

Atleast he's loyal enough to not go to swansea now thier in the prem and i can't fault him for that :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:23 am

I just replyed saying if he was that loyal he would have signed a new contract! Fuk him now anyway!!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:24 am

He just wanted wages similar to our top earners (minus Bellamy) - which is fair considering he was (at least for the first half of the season) one of our top earners on the pitch.

I truly believe his loyalty to Cardiff, but it's different because he's not from Cardiff.

All I know is if he ends up going to Celtic, he's taking a huge step backwards. Scottish football is shocking.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:31 am

Dafydd wrote:He just wanted wages similar to our top earners (minus Bellamy) - which is fair considering he was (at least for the first half of the season) one of our top earners on the pitch.

That's what I thought and on his performance for the first half of the season should have been rewarded.

Perhaps his head dropped once he realised he was not going to be given a new deal?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:36 am

Problem is - the top earner (chopra on £22k plus goal bonuses) was on far too much! (thank the riddler) they would have been more than doubling jays wages, and for what??

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:01 am

Most footballers these days are only loyal to the wonga ££££££££££££££ !!!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:02 am

We renegotiated Whittingham's contract at the start of last season but it should have been Bothroyd's.

He was our most important player as shown by the play-off final. When he went off our chances went with him.

He scored 20 goals in the first half of last season and we still didn't offer him a decent contract. We'll regret this lack of action soon and the fact that some of our fans turned on him just goes to show the lack of any football knowledge some of us have! He is a genuine premier league footballer.

We have a go at Dave Jones and the board for players walking for free but why would Bothroyd sign a contract when a large section of our fans turn on him when he's been comfortably our best player?

I wish him well for the future where ever it is because he deserves it.

Thank you Jay. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:03 am

Merlin wrote:Problem is - the top earner (chopra on £22k plus goal bonuses) was on far too much! (thank the riddler) they would have been more than doubling jays wages, and for what??

Thing is he was looking for around 14k - Which, granted is pretty high, but it's not exactly 22k (WHY was Chopra on 22k!?!). I'll still think of Bothroyd as a brilliant player for Cardiff, no matter where he chooses to go (Unless it's Swansea :D ) :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:32 am

If they offered him enough money and no other club wanted to sign him of course he would play for Swansea!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:45 am

Dafydd wrote:
Merlin wrote:Problem is - the top earner (chopra on £22k plus goal bonuses) was on far too much! (thank the riddler) they would have been more than doubling jays wages, and for what??

Thing is he was looking for around 14k - Which, granted is pretty high, but it's not exactly 22k (WHY was Chopra on 22k!?!). I'll still think of Bothroyd as a brilliant player for Cardiff, no matter where he chooses to go (Unless it's Swansea :D ) :ayatollah:

It is alot, but did he deserve to be on less than Hudson for example?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Bothroyd 100% deserved the money he was asking for. Hudson and Chopra do not deserve the wages they are on, it was a disgrace that they were on the money they were on.

I'd have loved to see Bothroyd stay, he's a great player and I although he had a poor second half of the season we would not have made the playoffs this season if he'd left last year.

Still think he's a great player and I'll always like him. I blame the management for pissing money away on Chopra and Hudson, especially considering Hudson is League One quality 90% of the time and Chopra who was overshadowed by Jay's quality for all of the seasons but he constatntly gambled his ridiculous wages away anyway.

Waste of space the pair of them. Would rather see us pay Jay £25,000 a week than Chopra and Hudson £40,000+ :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:41 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Bothroyd 100% deserved the money he was asking for. Hudson and Chopra do not deserve the wages they are on, it was a disgrace that they were on the money they were on.

I'd have loved to see Bothroyd stay, he's a great player and I although he had a poor second half of the season we would not have made the playoffs this season if he'd left last year.

Still think he's a great player and I'll always like him. I blame the management for pissing money away on Chopra and Hudson, especially considering Hudson is League One quality 90% of the time and Chopra who was overshadowed by Jay's quality for all of the seasons but he constatntly gambled his ridiculous wages away anyway.

Waste of space the pair of them. Would rather see us pay Jay £25,000 a week than Chopra and Hudson £40,000+ :ayatollah:

Doesn't Jay want 14k. I would try and sign him on a three year deal. He would have a point to prove and I think if he stays injury free he could get over 20 goals for us. Jay, bellers and earnie would be a great forward line. That wouldn't cost us much money.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:46 pm

I find it amusing that he seems to believe he's good enough to play for us. Been a complete flop most of his career and was like an utter minge for the last 6 months in the second division, and now in that shallow empty head of his believes he could walk into a Premiership side. He's so daft I actually cringe for the lad. :lol:

We don't want you either Jay, son. Because there isn't no 'I' in team.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:50 pm

ackers1927 wrote:
MyNameIsAled wrote:Bothroyd 100% deserved the money he was asking for. Hudson and Chopra do not deserve the wages they are on, it was a disgrace that they were on the money they were on.

Doesn't Jay want 14k. I would try and sign him on a three year deal. He would have a point to prove and I think if he stays injury free he could get over 20 goals for us. Jay, bellers and earnie would be a great forward line. That wouldn't cost us much money.

I think you are absolutely spot on :ayatollah:

We could end up signing 3 class players for not a penny other than wages, seems like a no-brainer to me :ayatollah:

In 3 years Jay might have divided opinion but nobody could argue he wasn't good value for the £350K he cost us, I know these weekly wages seem mad for us blokes on the street but in football terms they ain't bad for a club being serious about promotion :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Yeah you could be right about the three years, but the reason I said 3 is Jay will have a long contract so he can just think about playing football and getting his form back. Also if he does regain his form from the start of last season and teams can in for him. We would get more for him.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:05 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Yeah you could be right about the three years, but the reason I said 3 is Jay will have a long contract so he can just think about playing football and getting his form back. Also if he does regain his form from the start of last season and teams can in for him. We would get more for him.

Sorry I meant "over the last 3 years" that he's divided opinion but I still agree with you that we should sign him :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:05 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Yeah you could be right about the three years, but the reason I said 3 is Jay will have a long contract so he can just think about playing football and getting his form back. Also if he does regain his form from the start of last season and teams can in for him. We would get more for him.

Sorry I meant "over the last 3 years" that he's divided opinion but I still agree with you that we should sign him :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Ha ha all Bullshit the Jacks would not want the bloke.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Howey1927 wrote:We renegotiated Whittingham's contract at the start of last season but it should have been Bothroyd's.

He was our most important player as shown by the play-off final. When he went off our chances went with him.

He scored 20 goals in the first half of last season and we still didn't offer him a decent contract. We'll regret this lack of action soon and the fact that some of our fans turned on him just goes to show the lack of any football knowledge some of us have! He is a genuine premier league footballer.

We have a go at Dave Jones and the board for players walking for free but why would Bothroyd sign a contract when a large section of our fans turn on him when he's been comfortably our best player?

I wish him well for the future where ever it is because he deserves it.

Thank you Jay. :ayatollah:

cracking post mate, youre spot on

the problem is that most of our fans are too short-minded

for me personally, its nice to hear him say something like that, i just cant understand our own fans getting on his back

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:57 pm

SCFC10 wrote:I find it amusing that he seems to believe he's good enough to play for us. Been a complete flop most of his career and was like an utter minge for the last 6 months in the second division, and now in that shallow empty head of his believes he could walk into a Premiership side. He's so daft I actually cringe for the lad. :lol:

We don't want you either Jay, son. Because there isn't no 'I' in team.

It's not the 2nd division fella it's the championship. You remember the league you were playing in this last season.