Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not much quality left ....

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:08 am

Except for – Whitts, SuperKev and maybe Kiernan.

Chopra gone soon I think, £1.4m to Ipswich, although I hope not, but maybe its best for both player and club.

Average players left:
Blake
Hudson
Marshall
Heaton
Gerrad
Quinn

Transfers for the following I hope:

Parkin - £100k bit part player, brought in just in case bothroyd was injured and maybe as an impact sub. He is not the Centre Forward who will get us into the top 6. Div 1 player at best.

Naylor - Enough said already i think

McPhail - What's he done for over the past few years, minimal creativity, can't score goals, struggles to last 90mins, disappears for long periods in a game. Perhaps a drop to Div 1 would suit him more.

Gyepes - Slow, predictable and wants to leave.

Taiwo - Not given much game time by DJ but was very average when on loan at his old club. We haven't got time to wait to see if he comes good. Who's going to want him though?

Wildig – who knows? I don’t think that there’s much potential there. He hated being at Hamilton and it seems that they were not too impressed with him either. Season long loan at Hereford could be his best bet.

I guess that there is at least £28k a week wasted on all these players in wages, in my opinion its not good value for money.

And then there’s the backroom staff:- Burton, Wilkinson, Margetson - have to wait for the new manager for a decision on these – my opinion is they all should go. They all failed alongside their boss DJ and seemed powerless to assert their opinions -it was very obvious that the management lacked creativity when things needed to be changed.

Other than Bellamy I don’t know who to bring in. I suppose the transfer frenzy will start in a week or two

Its all a bit depressing at the moment, roll on next week for the new manager (as long as its not Robins). Although i wouldn't be surprised if there was a surprise - if you know what i mean............. (Steve McClaren maybe??????)

Re: Not much quality left ....

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:14 am

Cardiff City's current squad for next season (if Chopra leaves) :-

Goalkeepers: 3 Tom Heaton, David Marshall, Jordan Santiago.

Defenders: 9 Darcy Blake, Anthony Gerrard, Gabor Gyepes, Mark Hudson, Dekel Keinan, Lee Naylor, Kevin McNaughton, Paul Quinn, Alex Evans (first year pro).

Midfield: 6 Stephen McPhail, Peter Whittingham, Aaron Wildig, Solomon Taiwo, Jonathan Meades, Ibrahim Farah (first year pro).

Forwards: 2 Nat Jarvis (first year pro), Jon Parkin.

Hopefully the new manager will be able to pull his finger out very quickly and recruit us a bit of class! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:11 am

we will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plus we always got tawio so dont worry!!!
(that was a joke)

im not worried at all ;) :) :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Blueblood wrote:Except for – Whitts, SuperKev and maybe Kiernan.

Chopra gone soon I think, £1.4m to Ipswich, although I hope not, but maybe its best for both player and club.

Average players left:
Blake
Hudson
Marshall
Heaton
Gerrad
Quinn
Transfers for the following I hope:

Parkin - £100k bit part player, brought in just in case bothroyd was injured and maybe as an impact sub. He is not the Centre Forward who will get us into the top 6. Div 1 player at best.

Naylor - Enough said already i think

McPhail - What's he done for over the past few years, minimal creativity, can't score goals, struggles to last 90mins, disappears for long periods in a game. Perhaps a drop to Div 1 would suit him more.

Gyepes - Slow, predictable and wants to leave.

Taiwo - Not given much game time by DJ but was very average when on loan at his old club. We haven't got time to wait to see if he comes good. Who's going to want him though?

Wildig – who knows? I don’t think that there’s much potential there. He hated being at Hamilton and it seems that they were not too impressed with him either. Season long loan at Hereford could be his best bet.

I guess that there is at least £28k a week wasted on all these players in wages, in my opinion its not good value for money.

And then there’s the backroom staff:- Burton, Wilkinson, Margetson - have to wait for the new manager for a decision on these – my opinion is they all should go. They all failed alongside their boss DJ and seemed powerless to assert their opinions -it was very obvious that the management lacked creativity when things needed to be changed.

Other than Bellamy I don’t know who to bring in. I suppose the transfer frenzy will start in a week or two

Its all a bit depressing at the moment, roll on next week for the new manager (as long as its not Robins). Although i wouldn't be surprised if there was a surprise - if you know what i mean............. (Steve McClaren maybe??????)

average my arse....i think under the right manager they are great players! specially blake and heaton